• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UF and Colorado schedule home and home

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
btw..my wife was a gator.....

and i lived in the ghetto for a year there.

gainesville was a fun town.

Yes it is. Lived 2 years in the student ghetto myself. Used to be more fun (though not as rich) in the early 90s.

huskers1217

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.89
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes it is. Lived 2 years in the student ghetto myself. Used to be more fun (though not as rich) in the early 90s.

i lived off of NW13th and NW23rd is some ghetto ass apartments..gator village was the name of them. fucking apt didn't even have a door between the bedroom and living room

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fsu and Miami have no pulse?

What does your team’s OOC schedule look like?

FSU doesn't have much of a pulse these days, and Miami ran off the rails last year. I'm assuming one or both programs will be back, at some point. Not faulting UF for playing either of those schools since they are major in-state rivals. But we were talking about a home-and-home with a team (Colorado) that's only had one winning season in the last six years! UF can do better than that.

And Bama's OOC sked this year is embarrassingly pathetic, I'm ashamed to say. But there's usually an attempt to get some good competition lined up. That's one of the reasons our future schedules have home-and-homes with people like Texas, Notre Dame & Oklahoma.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and it was a neutral site game doesn't fucking count

but gator book lickers will say whatever knowing they suck outside of ghettoville

Neutral site games still count if they are out of state and against a good opponent. Still not a "road game," per se, since both teams traveled, but you have to give the Gators credit for going outside their comfort zone.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FSU doesn't have much of a pulse these days, and Miami ran off the rails last year. I'm assuming one or both programs will be back, at some point. Not faulting UF for playing either of those schools since they are major in-state rivals. But we were talking about a home-and-home with a team (Colorado) that's only had one winning season in the last six years! UF can do better than that.

And Bama's OOC sked this year is embarrassingly pathetic, I'm ashamed to say. But there's usually an attempt to get some good competition lined up. That's one of the reasons our future schedules have home-and-homes with people like Texas, Notre Dame & Oklahoma.

While it’s tru fsu is down right now and I hope it stays that way for the next 50 years minimum, they’ve been awfully good over the last 40 years. For example, when they finished in the top 5 for fourteen years in a row, we played them every year. If you look at the end of season rankings for each program’s OOC opponents over 10-20-40 years, UF’s is literally one of the top 5 most difficult. So it seems strange to us when so many others complained about the quality of our OOC schedules.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
While it’s tru fsu is down right now and I hope it stays that way for the next 50 years minimum, they’ve been awfully good over the last 40 years. For example, when they finished in the top 5 for fourteen years in a row, we played them every year. If you look at the end of season rankings for each program’s OOC opponents over 10-20-40 years, UF’s is literally one of the top 5 most difficult. So it seems strange to us when so many others complained about the quality of our OOC schedules.
Probably has something to do with FSU having no problem occasionally playing another tough OOC game while Florida almost never does.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably has something to do with FSU having no problem occasionally playing another tough OOC game while Florida almost never does.

fsu deliberately chose to join a weaker football conference in order to be able to do that.

They also don’t have an annual neutral site rivalry game while UF does.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
fsu deliberately chose to join a weaker football conference in order to be able to do that.

They also don’t have an annual neutral site rivalry game while UF does.
It’s a neutral site game still in the state of Florida. That would be like if Michigan and Ohio State played every year in Detroit and calling it neutral site.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Everyone knows you play FSU every year. Nobody is complaining about that. There was once a time when you played Miami every year, too; but the Gators & Hurricanes have only gotten together once in the last six years. The only OOC game the Gators have played during that span that was outside the state of Florida was the 2017 meet-up with Michigan.

Home opponents have included the likes of Toledo, Georgia Southern, Eastern Michigan, Eastern Kentucky, New Mexico St., East Carolina, Florida Atlantic, UMass, North Texas, UAB (in their first year back after dropping football for 2 years), Charleston Southern, Colorado St. & Idaho.
And that's not including the weather-related cancellations with Idaho & Northern Colorado (and somebody else whom I've forgotten).

wingsauce7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.38
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The big news in this is Florida actually leaving the South for a non conference game.

The question in this is will Colorado be a member of the MWC by then?

The PAC let Oregon waller around in the cellar for years without booting them.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey!! DR is back defending UFs OOC schedule as one of the best ever because they play FSU every year and that makes it amazing.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It’s a neutral site game still in the state of Florida. That would be like if Michigan and Ohio State played every year in Detroit and calling it neutral site.

You obviously haven't ever been to the WLOCP. The tickets are 50/50. The city is filled with fans of both teams all week.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey!! DR is back defending UFs OOC schedule as one of the best ever because they play FSU every year and that makes it amazing.

Texas and Colorado home and home. Still you're unhappy?

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Everyone knows you play FSU every year. Nobody is complaining about that. There was once a time when you played Miami every year, too; but the Gators & Hurricanes have only gotten together once in the last six years. The only OOC game the Gators have played during that span that was outside the state of Florida was the 2017 meet-up with Michigan.

Home opponents have included the likes of Toledo, Georgia Southern, Eastern Michigan, Eastern Kentucky, New Mexico St., East Carolina, Florida Atlantic, UMass, North Texas, UAB (in their first year back after dropping football for 2 years), Charleston Southern, Colorado St. & Idaho.
And that's not including the weather-related cancellations with Idaho & Northern Colorado (and somebody else whom I've forgotten).

UF and miami play occasionally. Since the 12th game was added less than 20 years ago, the game in August will be the 5th time they have scheduled each other.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas and Colorado home and home. Still you're unhappy?

The only part I disagreed with was when you stated UF plays one of the best OOC schedules around. That’s the part I disagree with. Congrats on scheduling your first home and home with a team out of Florida since 91’.

Kace-1

Game of Thoops!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well it's about damn time.

Deathroll

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The only part I disagreed with was when you stated UF plays one of the best OOC schedules around. That’s the part I disagree with. Congrats on scheduling your first home and home with a team out of Florida since 91’.

We have from the perspective of end of season ranked opponents.....that's what the selection committee and the strength of schedule formulas value.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i lived off of NW13th and NW23rd is some ghetto ass apartments..gator village was the name of them. fucking apt didn't even have a door between the bedroom and living room
Hey, That is a convertible studio!