• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ITT: Discuss Bama's weak schedule.

cclxxxvdicere

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There are other methods where they get in based on games played. He doesn't need my idea to make their case.
Well, if these various objective and unbiased ideas come up with different answers, they must not be very useful. If you get to choose the method that gives you the answer you want, it doesn’t seem less arbitrary than the voting system we have now.

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, if these various objective and unbiased ideas come up with different answers, they must not be very useful. If you get to choose the method that gives you the answer you want, it doesn’t seem less arbitrary than the voting system we have now.

You pick the rules you wish to play by, make them known to everyone, and leave it up to the teams to beat each other according to the rules in play.

NU_FTW

I DGAF
Hoopla Cash
$ 6,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You pick the rules you wish to play by, make them known to everyone, and leave it up to the teams to beat each other according to the rules in play.
Can you describe relative proficiency, in detail

theboardref

thewhite_00 ESPN board
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Member the time when a UCF fan was smack talking a team’s sos while losing to a 2 win team? I member.

cclxxxvdicere

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not my idea.
Yes, it is. You want a system that awards the same number of points to South Alabama for beating Louisiana Lafayette as it does to Alabama for beating LSU. What else is it other than a system based on relative proficiency? This is a thread about Alabama’s weak SOS, would Alabama’s SOS be the same if they were playing an undefeated ULL instead of an undefeated LSU? Your system says yes.

tnapucco

Fair as fuck
Hoopla Cash
$ 17,999.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Vegetarian beans? I don’t think so.
giphy.gif

UNA Lion

Roar Lions & Roll Tide!
Hoopla Cash
$ 756.51
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are consistantly predjustic in all parts of your life of just in cfb?

I'll take the AAC teams over the sec teams listed.

#UCFacts
GG last night.

So when will y'all man up and schedule the Lions like BYU and VT did?

Neilcar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there is no denying that college football penalizes some teams that play a weak schedule but will reward other teams for playing a weak schedule ... just because of their name or conference.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ok, I propose a system where we appoint a committee to determine the 4 best teams in the country based on a set of criteria that is know to everyone....

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, it is. You want a system that awards the same number of points to South Alabama for beating Louisiana Lafayette as it does to Alabama for beating LSU. What else is it other than a system based on relative proficiency? This is a thread about Alabama’s weak SOS, would Alabama’s SOS be the same if they were playing an undefeated ULL instead of an undefeated LSU? Your system says yes.

Yes. But that is not relative proficiency which is what rival's collegefbfan called his idea.

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ok, I propose a system where we appoint a committee to determine the 4 best teams in the country based on a set of criteria that is know to everyone....

How is this criteria quantified so that I know what beats what for possible outcomes before they occur?

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well there is no denying that college football penalizes some teams that play a weak schedule but will reward other teams for playing a weak schedule ... just because of their name or conference.

That’s true. Teams that win get rewarded. Teams like Texas that lose don’t get rewarded.

Neilcar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they do not. The committee rarely uses SOS or Conference Champions as a criteria. When they do it is only for a few teams.

They use the eye test, which is not a listed criteria.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
How is this criteria quantified so that I know what beats what for possible outcomes before they occur?

That's not how my system works...it does however work the way I like it. If you don't like it, you are welcome to start your own. There are other systems out there that have the level of certainty that you require, perhaps you should explore them.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they do not. The committee rarely uses SOS or Conference Champions as a criteria. When they do it is only for a few teams.

They use the eye test, which is not a listed criteria.

But they do use it as a criteria...otherwise the number of conference champions wouldn't be among the majority every year and teams with shitty SOS are left out on the regular. Any system you use is always going to be for a few teams....there are not a lot of elite teams in a given year. What system could you possibly use that wouldn't be dominated by a few elite programs.