• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UF and Utah agree to a home and home in 2022-2023

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah it's not undoable it just loses you a home game every other year ( which is worth quite a bit of money ). Basically you go from 14 home games every 2 years to 13 instead . If you got a home and home with a top tier team or in a top notch recruiting state it'd be worth it imo but in also not setting the budget for all sport programs. One home football game pays for like 3 or 4 minor sports every year

However you also have the extra money coming in from the TV deals. Money should not be an issue to scheduling quality opponents.

Also, earlier you mentioned not being able to afford 7 road games. You shouldn't have to play more than 6, even with 2 P5 OOC opponents.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
However you also have the extra money coming in from the TV deals. Money should not be an issue to scheduling quality opponents.

Also, earlier you mentioned not being able to afford 7 road games. You shouldn't have to play more than 6, even with 2 P5 OOC opponents.
Yeah I was saying that if you couldnt get the home and home on alternate years from Iowa St . Basically it would be like if Oregon and Oregon St weren't in the same P5 league but had to play every year anyway . You'd probably like it at first but eventually you ( as the better program ) would see there's basically no upside in it for you scheduling wise or ranking wise

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were having a conversation about with an Iowa fan asking why they can’t schedule two P5 opponents. Old timer, do you have Alzheimer’s?
Never mentioned Iowa in my conversations with @rmilia1. If you would read my comment #5, you will see I mentioned Florida (Gators). You can read, can't you?

Red_Alert

^^ Privileged ^^
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,956.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want to see @The Oldtimer and @olympicoscar drink a case of beer and have a bare knuckle fight.

AdmiredPessimisticItalianbrownbear-size_restricted.gif

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sometimes I feel like I'm telling my grandpa how to create a .pst file.
Hey now!

I asked my 15 year old granddaughter to help me with some technomological stuff the other day. Her response with rolled eyes was, "Poopaw, I just don't have enough time to show you how to do that."

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell yes. I like playing ISU but it just doesn't help recruiting and most years it doesn't benefit Iowa much even if they win ( although that appears to be changing somewhat ). Still I'd much rather play home and home with 5 different P5s per decade than have a set rivalry with an in state opponent (especially in a state without real top level recruits most years )
I think Cy-Hawk going away altogether would not be good for either school or the State. Just an empty feeling more than anything. However, I do think a two years on / two years off arrangement would be good for both schools, as I would like to see Iowa State play a more diverse P5 OOC schedule too. As for this year, I think Iowa is going to like the SOS bump they get from beating Big Xii Champion Iowa State! :)

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never mentioned Iowa in my conversations with @rmilia1. If you would read my comment #5, you will see I mentioned Florida (Gators). You can read, can't you?
2:18pm Pacific Time and you are already getting salty. Relax, dinner is being prepped and Marge will be there shortly. Pop up the TV tray, let the pill nurse work her way around to you and chill.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2:18pm Pacific Time and you are already getting salty. Relax, dinner is being prepped and Marge will be shortly. Pop up the TV tray, let the pill nurse work her way around to you and chill.
Okay fair enough, but are you coming over to change my diaper?

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I was saying that if you couldnt get the home and home on alternate years from Iowa St . Basically it would be like if Oregon and Oregon St weren't in the same P5 league but had to play every year anyway . You'd probably like it at first but eventually you ( as the better program ) would see there's basically no upside in it for you scheduling wise or ranking wise
Texas and A&M not playing each other is actually new age trend setting! Who'd a thunk it?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Cy-Hawk going away altogether would not be good for either school or the State. Just an empty feeling more than anything. However, I do think a two years on / two years off arrangement would be good for both schools, as I would like to see Iowa State play a more diverse P5 OOC schedule too. As for this year, I think Iowa is going to like the SOS bump they get from beating Big Xii Champion Iowa State! :)
I could go for 2 on 2 off as long as neither of us have to play uni lol

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You were responding to an Iowa fan who said that it is difficult to schedule two P5 opponents and you followed up with “well USC can do it and so can Florida and FSU can.” So what were you talking about then? I gave you the full conversation.

BoiseMike19

10 inch Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 450.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay fair enough, but are you coming over to change my diaper?
Pretty bold request for someone that doesn't even know you, let alone love you. Don't you have orderlies in the retirement home that do that shit anyway?

kburjr

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FTR, I'd love to do a H&H with Iowa as an ND fan.

Wisconsin has a H&H with Notre Dame with Notre Dame's home game in Wisconsin(Lambeau) and Wisconsin's home game in Illinois(Soldiers Field). ????

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Texas and A&M not playing each other is actually new age trend setting! Who'd a thunk it?
Those 2 playing actually makes way more sense than Iowa and ISU though . Both those teams are historically good programs and Texas is a great recruiting state . Nothing against little bro but Iowa doesn't get shit for playing ISU most years and the in state guys are sparse and anyone worth a damn wants to be a Hawkeye anyway ( unless they grew up a clone fan )

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wisconsin has a H&H with Notre Dame with Notre Dame's home game in Wisconsin(Lambeau) and Wisconsin's home game in Illinois(Soldiers Field). ????
Don't you have those azzzzbackards kb?

ericd7633

Hoopla Cash
$ 11,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hell yes. I like playing ISU but it just doesn't help recruiting and most years it doesn't benefit Iowa much even if they win ( although that appears to be changing somewhat ). Still I'd much rather play home and home with 5 different P5s per decade than have a set rivalry with an in state opponent ( especially in a state without real top level recruits most years )

Yeah I hate the 9 game conference schedules. Makes the sport to regional and I don't like that. Take a look at some of the schedules in the 90's. They were great.

Deep Creek

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I hate the 9 game conference schedules. Makes the sport to regional and I don't like that. Take a look at some of the schedules in the 90's. They were great.
Serious question eric.

Do you think the schools would schedule better OOC games if all of them only played 8 conference games?