• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UF and Utah agree to a home and home in 2022-2023

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just curious, but what difference does it make if you have to travel out of state to play a home and home? USC plays Notre Dame every year, as does the Gators play FSU.
It doesn't make a difference to anyone but the fans lol. Thats all I was saying . I miss traveling to watch Iowa play new teams . You just don't see many teams playing 11 P5 games every year . Happens occasionally but not often . Most schools can't afford 7 road games in a season . Like with Iowa we play 6 this year . And every other year after so if we wanted a home and home it'd have to be home on odd years and wsy in even which is possible but tougher logistically. Then we'd still be losing a home game even years that we use to make up for only having 6 in odd years . Ultimately I'd rather just stop playing Iowa St and start scheduling different teams

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah since moving to a 9 game schedule in conference they've done a H&H with BC, Cuse, Texas, played Bama on a neutral, had a game @ BYU depending on what you want to classify them as.

Also, every B1G team should be overflowing with money at this point. Lol.
Well what they claim to make and what they do make could very well be different

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Your point is one team in the country does it but then name two schools who don’t do it as if that supports your position?
Huh?? I said USC schedules home and home series and has for many years and I glad that Florida is finally doing it.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FTR, I'd love to do a H&H with Iowa as an ND fan.
Hell yes. I like playing ISU but it just doesn't help recruiting and most years it doesn't benefit Iowa much even if they win ( although that appears to be changing somewhat ). Still I'd much rather play home and home with 5 different P5s per decade than have a set rivalry with an in state opponent ( especially in a state without real top level recruits most years )

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Huh?? I said USC schedules home and home series and has for many years and I glad that Florida is finally doing it.
Yes but because Florida has 4 non-conference games it makes it easier to schedule 2 P5 opponents than a team that has 3. You are not comparing apples with Florida and Florida State to Iowa.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You crack me up dude. You're always so confused here.
LOL, me confused? Sorry if you have a hard time reading my comments. Read my #5, where I said "I'm happy that the last few years that the Gators have left the State of Florida, for an OOC regular season football game. Now if we can just get more of the SEC football teams to schedule home and home series.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes but because Florida has 4 non-conference games it makes it easier to schedule 2 P5 opponents than a team that has 3. You are not comparing apples with Florida and Florida State to Iowa.
Sorry man, but Iowa was never mentioned in my comments.

7Samurai13

Funniest SH member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Good for Florida . Getting out of the state ooc is fun . That's one thing I don't like about 9 league games and having a rival in state we play every year . Makes it tough to schedule a good home and home with a decent ooc opponent

:scratch: USC schedules home and home series every year and they have a 9 league schedule.

USC doesn't have a yearly in state rival from ooc they play every year . Way easier to schedule home and home ooc when you don't already have one every year .

They do have ND though every year. And still do an additional home and home most years.

Just curious, but what difference does it make if you have to travel out of state to play a home and home? USC plays Notre Dame every year, as does the Gators play FSU.

Sorry man, but Iowa was never mentioned in my comments.

You were having a conversation about with an Iowa fan asking why they can’t schedule two P5 opponents. Old timer, do you have Alzheimer’s?

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't make a difference to anyone but the fans lol. Thats all I was saying . I miss traveling to watch Iowa play new teams . You just don't see many teams playing 11 P5 games every year . Happens occasionally but not often . Most schools can't afford 7 road games in a season . Like with Iowa we play 6 this year . And every other year after so if we wanted a home and home it'd have to be home on odd years and wsy in even which is possible but tougher logistically. Then we'd still be losing a home game even years that we use to make up for only having 6 in odd years . Ultimately I'd rather just stop playing Iowa St and start scheduling different teams

I thought the B1G was flush with cash? How are the PAC teams, on one of the worst revenue distributions, able to afford it?

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I thought the B1G was flush with cash? How are the PAC teams, on one of the worst revenue distributions, able to afford it?
Don't know how the fiscal revenue gets split but B10 schools get most of their money from research . TV money is good but the academic portion of being in the league is by far the biggest advantage . That said most P12 teams aren't playing 2 P5s ooc each year on home and homes . I know Stanford has and apparently USC has as well but those schools likely have much bigger endowments than a school like Iowa. I would like to get some neutral site games though but even that is tough as we are also contractually obligated to play Northern Iowa every 3 years as well. Overall the state legislature has really hamstrung Iowa and Iowa St scheduling wise

michaeljordan_fan

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Don't know how the fiscal revenue gets split but B10 schools get most of their money from research . TV money is good but the academic portion of being in the league is by far the biggest advantage . That said most P12 teams aren't playing 2 P5s ooc each year on home and homes . I know Stanford has and apparently USC has as well but those schools likely have much bigger endowments than a school like Iowa. I would like to get some neutral site games though but even that is tough as we are also contractually obligated to play Northern Iowa every 3 years as well. Overall the state legislature has really hamstrung Iowa and Iowa St scheduling wise

Year 1
@Iowa State
Home vs. P5
Northern Iowa

Year 2
Iowa State
@P5
Scrub team

Year 3
@Iowa State
Home vs. p5
Scrub team

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Year 1
@Iowa State
Home vs. P5
Northern Iowa

Year 2
Iowa State
@P5
Scrub team

Year 3
@Iowa State
Home vs. p5
Scrub team
Yeah it's not undoable it just loses you a home game every other year ( which is worth quite a bit of money ). Basically you go from 14 home games every 2 years to 13 instead . If you got a home and home with a top tier team or in a top notch recruiting state it'd be worth it imo but in also not setting the budget for all sport programs. One home football game pays for like 3 or 4 minor sports every year