• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

ITT: Discuss Bama's weak schedule.

Diego Roll Tide

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they do use it as a criteria...otherwise the number of conference champions wouldn't be among the majority every year and teams with shitty SOS are left out on the regular. Any system you use is always going to be for a few teams....there are not a lot of elite teams in a given year. What system could you possibly use that wouldn't be dominated by a few elite programs.

You have as good a chance teaching quantum physics to a turnip as making TrollNeil understand ANYTHING.

Neilcar

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they do use it as a criteria...otherwise the number of conference champions wouldn't be among the majority every year and teams with shitty SOS are left out on the regular. Any system you use is always going to be for a few teams....there are not a lot of elite teams in a given year. What system could you possibly use that wouldn't be dominated by a few elite programs.
Bama is not a conference right now, has a terrible SOS, with no head-to-head play against any present top tier team. So they are missing 3 of the criteria. Yet they are near the top due to their name

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's not how my system works...it does however work the way I like it. If you don't like it, you are welcome to start your own. There are other systems out there that have the level of certainty that you require, perhaps you should explore them.

Hence the debate: A make it up as you go system vs rules that spell out what beats what before competition begins.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bama is not a conference right now, has a terrible SOS, with no head-to-head play against any present top tier team. So they are missing 3 of the criteria. Yet they are near the top due to their name

Ummm....nobody is a conference champ at the moment. Nor does anybody have more than a couple of impressive wins. At the end of the season, if they don't win, they won't be in.

Rolltide94

Hoopla Cash
$ 119.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hence the debate: A make it up as you go system vs rules that spell out what beats what before competition begins.
iu

Clearly the people that make these decisions do not agree with you...because the system I prefer is the one we are using.

CJH9972

Rivals' DTP2
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
iu

Clearly the people that make these decisions do not agree with you...because the system I prefer is the one we are using.

I didn't say you had to care.