• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

UConn headed back to the BigEast

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If they have access to more money, then why is their athletic department $41 million in debt?

If they were in the acc they’d have access to more money.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But they are not, and most likely will not be.

Agreed.

My point was that the person i was discussing it with can't assume UConn would be in the same situation regarding football it is today had they been accepted to the ACC at some previous point.

miah

Well Hung Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So it’s down to either Liberty or Texas to replace them in the AAC.

Seems legit
:pound:
Well, you have one sane person making reasonable conversation and then you have your typcial UCF grad that appears to eat bath salts on a daily basis.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UConn has 3 Home games already and 1 listed away. so while travel cost could add up UConn could also look to take advantage of the Hawaii rule.
UCLA will play at Hawaii so they could schedule an extra game.
MWC teams going to Hawaii that season are
Boise, Nevada, New Mexico and UNLV New Mexico is already at 5 non conference games but the other 3 Boise, Nevada and UNLV all could add a home game likely a cross division MWC team as well for another option.

other option could be to convince UMass and New Mexico State to cancel their game on 11/7. have NMSU come to UConn instead to fill their schedule
and have UConn go to UMass on the week of 10/29,30 or 31 where UMass has a bye.
as for games at Boise, Nevada and UNLV would be in what would have been bye weeks. I threw them in just to fill the schedule
in doing this i found Army and Florida State both have open dates unless they have some sort of pending games.
My schedule for UConn would now look like

8/29 @ UCLA
9/3 Umass
9/12 @ Illinois
9/19 Maine
9/26 Indiana
10/3 @ Boise
10/10 Army
10/17 @ Nevada
10/24 Bye
10/31 @ UMass
11/7 NMSU
11/14 @ UNLV
11/21 @ Florida State

it would be a 7-5 Away vs home schedule but also have 4 P5 games where prob getting paid.
likely somewhere around an at best record of 4 or 5 wins

yes i know I have Umass 2x but Liberty and NMSU are doing it this season and it would be home and home in the same so why not?

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
UConn has 3 Home games already and 1 listed away. so while travel cost could add up UConn could also look to take advantage of the Hawaii rule.
Boise, Nevada, New Mexico and UNLV New Mexico is already at 5 non conference games but the other 3 Boise, Nevada and UNLV all could add a home game likely a cross division MWC team as well for another option.

other option could be to convince UMass and New Mexico State to cancel their game on 11/7. have NMSU come to UConn instead to fill their schedule
as for games at Boise, Nevada and UNLV would be in what would have been bye weeks. I threw them in just to fill the schedule
in doing this i found Army and Florida State both have open dates unless they have some sort of pending games.

8/29 @ UCLA
9/3 Umass
9/12 @ Illinois
9/19 Maine
9/26 Indiana
10/3 @ Boise
10/10 Army
10/17 @ Nevada
10/24 Bye
10/31 @ UMass
11/7 NMSU
11/14 @ UNLV
11/21 @ Florida State

it would be a 7-5 Away vs home schedule but also have 4 P5 games where prob getting paid.

yes i know I have Umass 2x but Liberty and NMSU are doing it this season and it would be home and home in the same so why not?
or after all that which took about an 1/2 hour of looking i suppose some of the AAC teams could just keep them on for 2020 so as not to affect their own schedule.

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

8/29 @ UCLA
9/3 Umass
9/12 @ Illinois
9/19 Maine
9/26 Indiana
10/3 @ Boise
10/10 Army
10/17 @ Nevada
10/24 Bye
10/31 @ UMass
11/7 NMSU
11/14 @ UNLV
11/21 @ Florida State

Submit this and your resume to the athletic department

Ickey Shuffle

Do you have a minute to talk about Joe Burrow?
Supporting Member Level 1
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So going to a Catholic Church League ( masked by the Big East lago ) that has been backpacked and raped by Villanova suppose to magically make them more successful.

After so many beatings, their mind is numb. They don't know what to do. I wouldn't either if I were them lol. But afterall, I wouldn't know the feeling of being owned and taken your manhood away by the likes of Cincinnati.

DefCONNOne

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A Heisman Trophy winner

A final poll ranking

A bowl win

A co-divisional championship

Four bowl appearances.

Four winning seasons.

Exactly which of those could UConn have matched or exceeded? Even as bad as Louisville was this past season they weren't so bad to be historically bad like UConn. Even Swofford has admitted that football drives 80% of our media contract deal. With that being the facts the ACC simply could not afford to add a program who couldn't even point to periods of sustained success when they played in the I-AA level against tiny northeastern schools. It would have been a death sentence for the conference to add an absolute black hole like UConn. The football schools did the ACC a major favor by saying "Not just no but hell no. If you add them we are leaving."

I still contend they weren't leaving...ever. The ACC could added the University of Maine and FSU & Clemson were going nowhere. Not even to the local supermarket.

But hookers and blow, FTW!! Amiright?!?!

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I still contend they weren't leaving...ever. The ACC could added the University of Maine and FSU & Clemson were going nowhere. Not even to the local supermarket.

yeah this dude is just full of it.

Way too much money to just walk away.

BC has been fighting against UConn from day 1 getting into the big east, same with Va tech for some reason (I believe UVA has been favorable to UConn).

Frankly at this point I can't wait for football to die (one insurer left...someone bury them) and see how college alignmens looks then.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agreed.

My point was that the person i was discussing it with can't assume UConn would be in the same situation regarding football it is today had they been accepted to the ACC at some previous point.

I thought you were talking about possible future scenarios, not what might have been had the football schools not balked at UConn's inclusion. Perhaps your opponent was thinking along the same lines.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

8/29 @ UCLA
9/3 Umass
9/12 @ Illinois
9/19 Maine
9/26 Indiana
10/3 @ Boise
10/10 Army
10/17 @ Nevada
10/24 Bye
10/31 @ UMass
11/7 NMSU
11/14 @ UNLV
11/21 @ Florida State

The home-and-home with UMass makes more sense than 4 expensive trips to the west coast in one season. Try again.

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So going to a Catholic Church League ( masked by the Big East lago ) that has been backpacked and raped by Villanova suppose to magically make them more successful.

After so many beatings, their mind is numb. They don't know what to do. I wouldn't either if I were them lol. But afterall, I wouldn't know the feeling of being owned and taken your manhood away by the likes of Cincinnati.

The Big East wasn't always a Catholic school league. Syracuse was once a member; as was West Virginia, Miami, Virginia Tech, Rutgers. The gist is that it is (mostly) a more compact league with lots of old rivals that fans from both sides would travel to watch play. And many of those match-ups would also make for great television games.

Football either survives or it doesn't. Maybe the folks at UConn could team up with the admin at Liberty and make an appeal to the MAC to take both programs in as football-only members.

Kaplony

Be afraid.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Contend all you want. I know what was told to me by both major IPTAY donors and a BOT member. Football is our cash cow and we weren't going to let them put it at risk by adding an absolute black hole in UConn.

78Cyclones

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That would be funny if Cincinnati didn't own Syracuse all-time and during their short Big East Experience together: 8-4 (all-time) and 7 out of the last 8 for the Bearcats - before the Orange left for the ACC. :)

Winsipedia - Syracuse Orange vs. Cincinnati Bearcats football series history games list

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The home-and-home with UMass makes more sense than 4 expensive trips to the west coast in one season. Try again.
Ucla would be a money game. Like i said some AAC team may hold the game so as to not have to find a replacement

BamaDude

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ucla would be a money game. Like i said some AAC team may hold the game so as to not have to find a replacement

I recognize that UCLA would be a money game; but the others would not. Two trips that far west would be the max for a team like UConn. If they have to, they can play two FCS opponents.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I recognize that UCLA would be a money game; but the others would not. Two trips that far west would be the max for a team like UConn. If they have to, they can play two FCS opponents.
I guess
New Mexico State is probably worse off and they are going to Alabama, Georgia Southern, Liberty and Ole Miss
and in 2020 going to UAB, Hawaii, Umass and Florida.
I dont think its too big a deal

UConn would be getting money from UCLA Illinois and Florida State in the same year in mine.
not to mention Indiana home and home closing purdue series starting in 2021 and a game at Clemson in 21.

ralphiewvu

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,751.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I feel the same about the Mountaineers. fyi: I have NEVER seen WVU lose a football game in person (4-0). 2 wins @ Cincinnati, 1 win @ Iowa State and a Gator Bowl win over Georgia Tech.

They should make you a season ticket holder for free. I have seen them lose too many times.