• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tyus "Stones" Jones

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Clarkson is a PG??? I thought you said Russell was the best PG in 2015's class? They can't play the same position, buddy.

Still, get me Marcus Smart over Clarkson regardless of position.

So you're saying both Clarkson and Russell can't both be PGs?

It would be interesting to talk to you once you know a bit about basketball.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're saying both Clarkson and Russell can't both be PGs?

It would be interesting to talk to you once you know a bit about basketball.

No, they can't. That would mean one of them would have to come off the bench. One would think if these guys were so great that they would have won more than 17 games. I could come out and claim that Jeff Teague is the best PG in the East but that doesn't make it true...

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:L

Because one player is responsible for all the team's wins, huh?

:scratch:

What is this, kindergarden? It's called one player playing in a designed system and another player putting up number on a team where someone has to.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, they can't. That would mean one of them would have to come off the bench. One would think if these guys were so great that they would have won more than 17 games. I could come out and claim that Jeff Teague is the best PG in the East but that doesn't make it true...

Steph Curry only won 26 games in his first year. 36 in his next.

Kyrie Irving won 21 games.

And you're actually dumb enough to judge a players talent by first year records?

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Seriously?? you of course DO realize both are combo guards, meaning BOTH can handle the 1 AND 2 positions...

COURSE you did...:L

You keep bringing up win totals to support your argument. you DO realize it takes more than 2 guards to make a team...

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seriously?? you of course DO realize both are combo guards, meaning BOTH can handle the 1 AND 2 positions...

You keep bringing up win totals to support your argument. you DO realize it takes more than 2 guards to make a team...

It seems like Todd is having a slow day.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And you're actually dumb enough to judge a players talent by first year records?

2 guards is apparently all it takes to win titles, don't you know...?:rolleyes2:

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes. Let's not judge players by "maybe" success. Let's wait for it to actually happen first.:doh:

Point being, you made the claim that Tyus Jones winning Summer League MVP, but two years ago you proclaimed Clarkson as a "future Top 10 guard" based on summer league play.

Double standard. I'm not going to sit here a say that I think Jones is good, because I don't...But consistency is a virtue here...

Last edited:

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Right, you also had "one of the ten best players in history" with them last year. Still 17 wins, though.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, you also had "one of the ten best players in history" with them last year. Still 17 wins, though.

DO find the post where I said anything about it, i'll wait...:rolleyes2:

Keep throwing team wins in with your weak argument though. Seems to be working sooooo well up to now...

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes. Let's not judge players by "maybe" success. Let's wait for it to actually happen first.:doh:

Point being, you made the claim that Tyus Jones winning Summer League MVP, but two years ago you proclaimed Clarkson as a "future Top 10 guard" based on summer league play.

Double standard. I'm not going to sit here a say that I think Jones is good, because I don't, but consistency is a virtue here...

So we're not allowed to make predictions now? I claimed Clarkson would be the best PG of his draft, as the 46th pick no less, before he played a single minute of official NBA ball and I was correct.

You're the idiot trying to look clever by disputing that.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So we're not allowed to make predictions now? I claimed Clarkson would be the best PG of his draft, as the 46th pick no less, before he played a single minute of official NBA ball and I was correct.

we ARE talking to the guy who thinks Wiggy's an excellent poster, y'know...

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

So, comparing him to Steph Curry and Kyrie Irving is necessary, why? So Clarkson was one of the better guard in the 2014 draft and a steal at #46. Big whoop. He didn't have a whole lot of competition. Payton sucks, and Smart hasn't gotten the full opportunities he's deserved on a much deeper roster.

Black Adam

Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In which case it really is a bit wrong of us to make fun of the mentally handicapped.

well back on the CBS sports boards he DID say he suffers from Aspargers(spelling). Dunno if he just said it to make people feel sorry for him, though...

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, comparing him to Steph Curry and Kyrie Irving is necessary, why? So Clarkson was one of the better guard in the 2014 draft and a steal at #46. Big whoop. He didn't have a whole lot of competition. Payton sucks, and Smart hasn't gotten the full opportunities he's deserved on a much deeper roster.

Why? Because you're judging a players talent by first years records. Which is dumb as shit.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well back on the CBS sports boards he DID say he suffers from Aspargers(spelling). Dunno if he just said it to make people feel sorry for him, though...

Might be the reason why he feels the need to rate every post "bullshit" every time someone says something mean about him.

HurricaneDij39

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why? Because you're judging a players talent by first years records. Which is dumb as shit.

Not really the whole point, but let's go with it.

How'd Kevin Love and Michael Beasley fare together in their time in Minnesota? Back in my CBS days, a lot of posters jumped on their bandwagon during their first year together in 2010-11 due to their big numbers and highly touted draft statuses, and in spite of their poor record that season with the Wolves. How'd that one end, again?

Point is, let's wait for success to actually happen first before we proclaim Russell/Clarkson is the "backcourt of the future".