• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Rolling Stones have a new album

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Save your time and your money....don't bother...unless of course they happen to be on your bucket list.

Imho...they just really aren't the same anymore without Bill Wyman & Charlie Watts....or even Mick Taylor & Ian Stewart for that matter.

I suggest checking to see if they're going to live stream the concert....and if so, watch it that way.
Either way...enjoy.

50 years down the road most bands aren’t the same. But I’ve never seen them. And I can’t afford it. It’s more of the effort involved. I hate ferry travel.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
San Francisco -- The edge of the western world.
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
50 years down the road most bands aren’t the same. But I’ve never seen them. And I can’t afford it. It’s more of the effort involved. I hate ferry travel.
True.
All the more reason to find out if there will be live streaming available for that concert.
Heck I might even pay the small fee to watch it.
I’ll let you know. Ttyl.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True.
All the more reason to find out if there will be live streaming available for that concert.
Heck I might even pay the small fee to watch it.
I’ll let you know. Ttyl.

I had a typo there, I can afford it. I may just choose to avoid the effort. Let me know if you find a streaming link.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They are in Vancouver July 5. I missed them in 2020 due to COVID.

I've never seen them live.

Do I make the Haj to see them?

Advance sales on the 29th.
My $0.02… Mick is STILL Mick on stage… no one like him. Problem for me is you don’t know which Keef and Woodsy you're gonna get. If they’re engaged, then you can get something pretty damn special. If not… it’s not good, man. I’ve seen both versions of those two… last time was not the good version.

Still - Mick is a damn treasure. If I were going to go, it would be because of him. I’ve seen them 5 times. Gonna pass this one up.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My $0.02… Mick is STILL Mick on stage… no one like him. Problem for me is you don’t know which Keef and Woodsy you're gonna get. If they’re engaged, then you can get something pretty damn special. If not… it’s not good, man. I’ve seen both versions of those two… last time was not the good version.

Still - Mick is a damn treasure. If I were going to go, it would be because of him. I’ve seen them 5 times. Gonna pass this one up.

I hear ya. I have to make my mind up before Thursday when the pre-sale happens. I could probably get away with just taking my son and my daughter would go to. I could leave the missus at home to look after the cats.

I will consider your wise words and make my decision at the 11th hour

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I had a look at some ticket site and it looked like they’re 600 bucks each. I may end up looking for that streaming video.

Bro..I'll keep you posted.
And as soon as I hear or see something I'll let you know..but any news on that likely won't drop until early next year.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not gonna buy it.the stones last good lp to me was some girls in 77.they have,nt shown me much since.their live albums were decent,but not great.i saw them on tour the 2nd rime in 97 behind a live album tour they were promoting.they were great the first time in 78 but were just decent in 97.i listen to their 60sstuff and 70s stuff up to some girls but nothing else.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not gonna buy it.the stones last good lp to me was some girls in 77.they have,nt shown me much since.their live albums were decent,but not great.i saw them on tour the 2nd rime in 97 behind a live album tour they were promoting.they were great the first time in 78 but were just decent in 97.i listen to their 60sstuff and 70s stuff up to some girls but nothing else.

I tend to agree. Irrational Miscue was the beginning of the slide.

But at concerts they rely on the good stuff, even if the open with Start Me Up a lot.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But at concerts they rely on the good stuff, even if the open with Start Me Up a lot.
they opened up with jumping jack flash in 97,i can,t recall what they opened up with in 78.81,s tattoo you was a stones lp of outakes.start me up on tha lp was recorded during the some girls sessions.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
they opened up with jumping jack flash in 97,i can,t recall what they opened up with in 78.81,s tattoo you was a stones lp of outakes.start me up on tha lp was recorded during the some girls sessions.

Regardless, Irrational Miscue started the slide on new content.

Miss You from SG is the best disco song ever and the only one in my collection.

Tai Chi≈Surfing

Phenom~Vet~HOFer
Hoopla Cash
$ 147,849.53
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Regardless, Irrational Miscue started the slide on new content.

Miss You from SG is the best disco song ever and the only one in my collection.
My fave tune on Some Girls, is Keith's, "Before They Make Me Run"...and then after that, it's Faraway Eyes...and Shattered.

That said...I wonder if Brian Jones was rolling over in his grave when Emotional Rescue came out.

Last edited:

Debbie Does

Question Authority
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Add the Allman Brothers to any Best Rock Bands list to get me to sign on.

Saw the Stones in 73 at Boston Garden. Awesome show. We sold our extra ticket to a guy for face value. Shared dope with him, too. Made him happy. Many girlfriends ago.

fknhippie

I'll shit in your shoes.
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sticky Fingers was the last Stone's album I bought.

Hank Kingsley

Undefeated
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

My fave tune on Some Girls, is Keith's, "Before They Make Me Run"...and then after that, it's Faraway Eyes...and Shattered.

That said...I wonder if Brian Jones was rolling over in his grave when Emotional Rescue came out.

I never said, Miss You was my favourite song, just that it was the best fucking disco song ever.

Your list works for me.

Sir Robin Of Camelot

You seem angry. Miserable, even.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The cuts I’ve heard from the new release I thought were pretty damn good. I haven’t bought it yet but I’m pretty certain I will.