• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Mike McCarthy ‘Fed Up’ with Jerry Jones Meddling?

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, McCarthy has no problem cashing those checks. He could be in a worse situation. He got a somewhat talented team. If he wins 12 games again he will sign an extension if offered one. What we got is another boring off season and some "insider' is trying to use the Cowboys for personal gain

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
McCarthy is likely to be fired and scapegoated once this season goes off the rails. But he’s not responsible for Dak, CeeDee and Micah all going into the season without new contracts, and the generally chaotic state of the roster.

That "chaotic"roster is not much different than last season. LT is the only position I see that is weaker.. the interior OL gets better after Biadaz left. RB and DT possibly also an issue , but they were weak last year as well. They got enough to be a wild card.

Good luck with the Commanders signing all those Cowboys depth players. LOL.

redskinsfan1963

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That "chaotic"roster is not much different than last season. LT is the only position I see that is weaker.. the interior OL gets better after Biadaz left. RB and DT possibly also an issue , but they were weak last year as well. They got enough to be a wild card.

Good luck with the Commanders signing all those Cowboys depth players. LOL.
good luck at having a decent defense in 2024.

ArlingtonCowboys100

Goodell is a polesmoker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
good luck at having a decent defense in 2024.
Lol, the Cowboys defense will be just fine. Don't ever confuse me as one of those homer type fans. They lost some rotational guys off the defense. Big whooptydo. You should be very concerned with how Quinn got out coached in the playoffs.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Cowboys D should be decent - D-Line/edge rush a bit of a concern but they have enough talented players on D to be a decent unit. I think the Cowboys will contend for a playoff spot and have a good shot at returning to the postseason, I just think the Eagles are slightly better going into the season.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lol, the Cowboys defense will be just fine. Don't ever confuse me as one of those homer type fans. They lost some rotational guys off the defense. Big whooptydo. You should be very concerned with how Quinn got out coached in the playoffs.

Reminds me of when The Wedding Singer got drunk after his girl left him.

giphy.gif

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL
You and I will revisit this at some point this coming season.
D-Line/edge rush is kind of concerning for you guys - you only have 2 proven edge rushers and one of them is pretty old and only had 4 sacks last year. I didn’t say the pass rush would be terrible, just that I’m not sure how effective it will be. Someone new will have to emerge strong.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
D-Line/edge rush is kind of concerning for you guys - you only have 2 proven edge rushers and one of them is pretty old and only had 4 sacks last year. I didn’t say the pass rush would be terrible, just that I’m not sure how effective it will be. Someone new will have to emerge strong.
i still disagree with your insight of the Cowboys.

rather you like it or not, Lawrence & Parsons are as solid as any teams edge rush. Sam Williams has played well when opportunities came his way. Dallas usually drafts very well. They drafted Marshawn Kneeland in round two. Dallas seems very happy with Kneeland and expects him to be a major contributor this season.

Now...if you want to say DT is suspect for Dallas, I'd agree as we sit here late June.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i still disagree with your insight of the Cowboys.

rather you like it or not, Lawrence & Parsons are as solid as any teams edge rush. Sam Williams has played well when opportunities came his way. Dallas usually drafts very well. They drafted Marshawn Kneeland in round two. Dallas seems very happy with Kneeland and expects him to be a major contributor this season.

Now...if you want to say DT is suspect for Dallas, I'd agree as we sit here late June.
I just don’t agree that Lawrence and Parsons are as solid as any teams edge rush, given that Lawrence is old, had only 4 sacks last year and hasn’t had a double digit sack season since 2018. Williams and Kneeland may emerge as good pass rushers but you just never know - that’s why I say their pass rush is kind of a question mark.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don’t agree that Lawrence and Parsons are as solid as any teams edge rush, given that Lawrence is old, had only 4 sacks last year and hasn’t had a double digit sack season since 2018. Williams and Kneeland may emerge as good pass rushers but you just never know - that’s why I say their pass rush is kind of a question mark.
and yet...maybe all 4 would start this year for Atlanta.

i trust my football opinions more than your stated one year. I also think Pro Football focus has more insight than you.

sorry

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I just don’t agree that Lawrence and Parsons are as solid as any teams edge rush, given that Lawrence is old, had only 4 sacks last year and hasn’t had a double digit sack season since 2018.
DLaw plàys the run better than most DE's. PFF says he is second best in football behind Crosby.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
and yet...maybe all 4 would start this year for Atlanta.

i trust my football opinions more than your stated one year. I also think Pro Football focus has more insight than you.

sorry
The Falcons pass rush has been arguably the worst in the NFL over the last few years. We got a bit better last year and hopefully will make more strides this year but there’s no denying how weak we’ve been at pass rushing lately. Anyone who follows the NFL knows that. So I’m not sure what your point is.
I just don’t think the Cowboys are one of the best pass rushing teams in the NFL. But we’ll see.

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
DLaw plàys the run better than most DE's. PFF says he is second best in football behind Crosby.
Agreed he’s a very good run defender. But the fact remains that he’s aging and had only 4 sacks last year.

PDay8810

Hoopla Cash
$ 7.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So I’m not sure what your point is.
I
my point?

based on the resent rankings by folks that get paid for ranking, AND my opinion. You are wrong. Blowing smoke. Don't know jack. I understand it is your opinion, you've said that enough, but DT is the position group you should hammer. You seem most uninformed on this topic.

we shall see.
go eagles

Xeliou66

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
my point?

based on the resent rankings by folks that get paid for ranking, AND my opinion. You are wrong. Blowing smoke. Don't know jack. I understand it is your opinion, you've said that enough, but DT is the position group you should hammer. You seem most uninformed on this topic.

we shall see.
go eagles
What do the Eagles have to do with anything? You really have your panties in a wad over a small disagreement about the Cowboys edge rush!