• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Ty Lue just got fired

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dear Cavs fans,

Your welcome for sending Lue packing for the last time.

Sincerely,

Pacers fan.
With Lue gone, you have to take this opportunity to remove any verteran spare parts while you can. Buy out J.R. and trade Korver to Philly for Bayless and a second round pick.

@WiggyRuss
no point of buying out JR.

His contract is actually a nice quasi asset this offseason.

Cavs might eventually trade Korver- but arent doing it for a shitty 2nd rounder.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This exact scenario is why I thought multiple future unprotected firsts (like 3) along with a couple contracts would have been the Pacers best trade option for Paul George.

I know Oladipo and Sabonis has worked out great, but this could end have ended being even better long term. Because Cleveland could really suck for awhile.
what are you talking about?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Does any part of you wish they had done the Milwaukee deal with Middleton/Brogdan instead of the Boston deal that was actually made? Only downside would be no Sexton if it was worth it...
yah id rather have Sexton rather than Brogdon and Middleton since Middleton is about to be an FA in a couple months.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This exact scenario is why I thought multiple future unprotected firsts (like 3) along with a couple contracts would have been the Pacers best trade option for Paul George.

I know Oladipo and Sabonis has worked out great, but this could end have ended being even better long term. Because Cleveland could really suck for awhile.
yah no

GNG

What Me Worry?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Another coach fired in Cleveland.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Drew thing is kinda interesting- to a certain extent I cannot blame him, but I also think hes being a little bit of a dick.

What it comes down to, in my opinion, is that the Cavs want him to be the coach the rest of the season and then they are likely to get rid of him for a new younger coach that kind of takes over the rebuild.

Drew wants to try and use his leverage to get at least 1 more year on his deal so he gets a bunch of extra money when he is ,presumably, fired at the end of the season.

If I was the Cavs I would offer to give him a raise of 2-3 million for the rest of the season. I wouldnt extend him. I dont want Larry Drew to be the coach going forward for the long haul i doubt they want it either.

If he isnt happy with 2-3 million extra dollars this year to coach the team then just bring in someone else.

msgkings322

I'm just here to troll everyone
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This Drew thing is kinda interesting- to a certain extent I cannot blame him, but I also think hes being a little bit of a dick.

What it comes down to, in my opinion, is that the Cavs want him to be the coach the rest of the season and then they are likely to get rid of him for a new younger coach that kind of takes over the rebuild.

Drew wants to try and use his leverage to get at least 1 more year on his deal so he gets a bunch of extra money when he is ,presumably, fired at the end of the season.

If I was the Cavs I would offer to give him a raise of 2-3 million for the rest of the season. I wouldnt extend him. I dont want Larry Drew to be the coach going forward for the long haul i doubt they want it either.

If he isnt happy with 2-3 million extra dollars this year to coach the team then just bring in someone else.

Well, the math says Lue was 0-6 but the Voice of the Team is now 1-0. Just sayin' #facts LOL

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yah your post didnt make sense

Sure it did.

Last summer, when PG was still with the Pacers, before the OKC deal,

I said they should trade him to the Cavs for contract filler and a bunch of unprotected future firsts starting a couple years out.

Would have let the Cavs keep Love and LeBron with PG13, giving them a realistic shot to retain both long term. And the Pacers would have been betting on both leaving. Because if LBJ left, PG would surely follow.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure it did.

Last summer, when PG was still with the Pacers, before the OKC deal,

I said they should trade him to the Cavs for contract filler and a bunch of unprotected future firsts starting a couple years out.

Would have let the Cavs keep Love and LeBron with PG13, giving them a realistic shot to retain both long term. And the Pacers would have been betting on both leaving. Because if LBJ left, PG would surely follow.
i mean, can you say "should have" when the deal wasnt out there?

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no point of buying out JR.

His contract is actually a nice quasi asset this offseason.

Cavs might eventually trade Korver- but arent doing it for a shitty 2nd rounder.

With all due respect, J.R. Smith is awful. He has ZERO on-court value and zero trade value, and is a toxic influence on your young talent. With him only guaranteed around $4 million next season, you might as well cut bait.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With all due respect, J.R. Smith is awful. He has ZERO on-court value and zero trade value, and is a toxic influence on your young talent. With him only guaranteed around $4 million next season, you might as well cut bait.
like i said- his contact is a quasi-asset this offseason.

If a team- SAY BROOKLYN or NEW YORK or WHEOVER- does not have cap room- they can trade for Smiths 15M a year contract for someones contract that runs into next year- and the cut him- and create 11M in cap room.

do you get what i am saying?

huge unguranteed portions of contracts like that can be very crucial in making deals.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
like i said- his contact is a quasi-asset this offseason.

If a team- SAY BROOKLYN or NEW YORK or WHEOVER- does not have cap room- they can trade for Smiths 15M a year contract for someones contract that runs into next year- and the cut him- and create 11M in cap room.

do you get what i am saying?

huge unguranteed portions of contracts like that can be very crucial in making deals.

Three team deal:

To Brooklyn:
JR Smith
Alex Abrines

To OKC:
Kyle Korver

To Cavs:
Allen Crabbe
Timothe Luwawu - Cabarrot
2019 Nuggets 1st Rd Pick, via Brooklyn
2019 Knicks 2nd Rd Pick, via Brooklyn
2020 OKC Thunder 2nd Rd Pick

Brooklyn sheds nearly all of its dead weight in contracts and gets two expiring deals. Gives them max flexibility and spending for next season.

OKC gets the shooter they desperately need with Korver as they are in win-now mode.

Cavs get a late 1st with Denver's pick and another fringe first in the Knicks 2nd round selection, since that will likely be a very high 2nd pick. They also get an additional 2nd from the Thunder. They also get to dangle Crabbe's contract the following season for potential flipping.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Three team deal:

To Brooklyn:
JR Smith
Alex Abrines

To OKC:
Kyle Korver

To Cavs:
Allen Crabbe
Timothe Luwawu - Cabarrot
2019 Nuggets 1st Rd Pick, via Brooklyn
2019 Knicks 2nd Rd Pick, via Brooklyn
2020 OKC Thunder 2nd Rd Pick

Brooklyn sheds nearly all of its dead weight in contracts and gets two expiring deals. Gives them max flexibility and spending for next season.

OKC gets the shooter they desperately need with Korver as they are in win-now mode.

Cavs get a late 1st with Denver's pick and another fringe first in the Knicks 2nd round selection, since that will likely be a very high 2nd pick. They also get an additional 2nd from the Thunder. They also get to dangle Crabbe's contract the following season for potential flipping.
Sounds reasonable to me.

That way they still have Hill's un-guranteed contract for max flexibility in the offseason as well.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss what do you think about Avery Johnson for the Cavs new HC?

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@WiggyRuss what do you think about Avery Johnson for the Cavs new HC?
I think it would be a good choice.

I cant see him just abandoning his recruits right before the season is about to start though.

It would have to wait until the college season was over one would think right?

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think it would be a good choice.

I cant see him just abandoning his recruits right before the season is about to start though.

It would have to wait until the college season was over one would think right?

Should be Mark Jackson. He's perfect for a youth movement and change of culture. You'll have to upgrade him in 3 years or so but in that time, he'll allow your young guys to get run and push them to be the best versions of themselves they can be.

Mark Jackson's like the starter girlfriend before you get a wife. You figure out all the shit that's wrong, what you like and don't like before you actually find the right person.

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Should be Mark Jackson. He's perfect for a youth movement and change of culture. You'll have to upgrade him in 3 years or so but in that time, he'll allow your young guys to get run and push them to be the best versions of themselves they can be.

Mark Jackson's like the starter girlfriend before you get a wife. You figure out all the shit that's wrong, what you like and don't like before you actually find the right person.
oh please for the love of God no Mark Jackson.