• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post here if you want your team's coach fired

GhostOfPoverty

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes we got a glimpse of the Vikings minus Cousins and it wasn't pretty. It's pretty much what Viking fans can expect once Cousins moves on.

Exactly. I've watched the Vikings throw mostly bums out there at QB for 30 years. I mean, think about this: other than 1 year of an ancient Favre, 1 year of an ancient Cunningham, and a few years where Daunte Culpepper didn't completely suck, our best QB *other than* Cousins in the last 30 years was Brad Johnson. Brad "Noodle Arm" Johnson, lol. And no, Bridgewater wasn't that great, but for some reason, Vikings fans acted like he was Peyton Manning or something. So yeah, call me crazy, but I appreciate having an at least semi-competent QB in Cousins for a change.

If Washington gave Kirk what the Vikings did, they likely would be mired in the mediocrity that is Kirk and the expensive price that comes with it.

Explain to me how we'll do better than Cousins. What do you propose they do to upgrade from him? Draft someone with a mid-round pick? Try hiring another free agent QB? I don't follow college football enough to know if there's a QB out there in the near future worth doing this for, but unless they either land a top tier draft spot or sell the farm to get one to try, I say we might as well be rolling with Cousins, because we're not getting a better guy any other way.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I say we might as well be rolling with Cousins, because we're not getting a better guy any other way.

Not at that price tag. All that is going to get us is another 8 or 9 win season at best. And like I've said, I don't think that he is restructuring unless he gets more years and more guarantees.

If were going to rebuild, let's not half ass it. You blow the whole staff, GM and coach out and trade the QB.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like you've got your wish Ghost.

This doesn't help my problem with Spielman as he either keeps his job or gets moved upstairs to a cushy job and gets to pick his own replacement.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

finger-gun-blow.gif

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The NFL is such a brutal profession.

I wanted Spielman and Zimmer out too just because I hope that they can find someone to take the next step as it didnt look like those 2 were going to be able to put together a team that has a real chance of winning a title.

.....but I also realize that Zimmer was probably the 2nd best head coach in our teams ENTIRE history. Most fans both here and elsewhere in Viking sports land seems to be forgetting that. The chances of us getting better results from this aren't great. The only reason why I wanted to see them go in a different direction is that I think there is a slightly better chance of finding the right GM/coach pairing to take the team to the next level than it was if we stuck with those 2. But I realize that there is a MUCH GREATER chance of the team being worse off moving forward than it was if you didnt do this.