• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Post here if you want your team's coach fired

Moab

Hoopla Cash
$ 260.93
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guys that want their coach gone, are they sure it's the coach? What about the guys bringing in the players? Maybe they have good players and solid scheme, but injuries held them back. What if they have a "leader" on the team that is actually a cancer and leading them down the wrong path? Are you sure it's the coach? What about the GM? Maybe the owner really doesn't give a damn and just wants the money? Again, are you sure it's the coach?

Tapey

Hooplas biggest Cardinals homer.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The guys that want their coach gone, are they sure it's the coach? What about the guys bringing in the players? Maybe they have good players and solid scheme, but injuries held them back. What if they have a "leader" on the team that is actually a cancer and leading them down the wrong path? Are you sure it's the coach? What about the GM? Maybe the owner really doesn't give a damn and just wants the money? Again, are you sure it's the coach?
In the Seahawks case Pete is the one bringing in the players.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yea which is why I always laugh when teams are so gung-ho about getting rid of their starting QB, the grass is not always greener on the other side.

We aren't talking about going into a season starting Sean Mannion. He is terrible, one of the worst backups in the entire league and he was given 2 days to prepare for a quality defense and having to do battle with the likely MVP. Anyone could have seen that result coming a mile away.

Kirk's price tag is 22% of the team's total cap next year. That makes it difficult, nearly impossible, to build an O-Line (another area the GM has sucked at evaluating in the draft) or a defense. Elite QBs can make that, Cousins is not and never has been elite.

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We aren't talking about going into a season starting Sean Mannion. He is terrible, one of the worst backups in the entire league and he was given 2 days to prepare for a quality defense and having to do battle with the likely MVP. Anyone could have seen that result coming a mile away.

Kirk's price tag is 22% of the team's total cap next year. That makes it difficult, nearly impossible, to build an O-Line (another area the GM has sucked at evaluating in the draft) or a defense. Elite QBs can make that, Cousins is not and never has been elite.
I wasn’t talking about the Vikings

Dr. Strangelove

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm honestly ready for Seattle to blow this thing up and do a total rebuild. Pete and his staff can go and frankly, I've about had it with Russell Wilson's drama. He is getting to be about as insufferable as Aaron Rodgers at this point. Trade him for assets that we lost because of Pete's gambles. Try to get rid of as much of the overpaid and under-performing "talent" as possible and get somebody in charge with an astute eye for draft talent and build another championship roster starting with the trenches. Just letting Pete go does nothing to turn this around at this point.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
$35M for Cousins seems reasonable in $205M+ cap year.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
sure, why not?
maybe he'll return to washington and become a Defender
I'm not a Cousins fan, but I can see at quite a few QBs i'd like less all earning $15M+. I'd rather pay the extra and have Cousins than be stuck with them.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not a Cousins fan, but I can see at quite a few QBs i'd like less all earning $15M+. I'd rather pay the extra and have Cousins than be stuck with them.

The problem there is, Cousins' cap hit is 45 million next year. You don't pay any player 22% of your team's cap unless he's named Mahomes or Rodgers. Obviously guys like Burrow and Herbert might enter that discussion as well soon.

For Example: Derek Carr is making half of what Cousins is next year and he has his team on the cusp of the playoffs despite all that they've been through. I'd swap them right now and take the extra 25 million in cap space because Cousins is not significantly better than Carr is.

boogiewithstu2007

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who would you replace him with? He's not that far removed from having a consistently very good team. Who out there gives you more confidence?
That’s the tough part, not sure, but we could definitely use a young mind, maybe give a young good coordinator a shot that’s had some consistent success ? I’m speculating anyway Pete might come back, but he’s getting up there now ..

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You quoted Harold who was talking about the Vikings minus Cousins, so I'm sorry for assuming that.
That’s my bad, should have been more clear.

Tapey

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd like to see what JS can do with full control of the draft
And full control of which FA to sign
Although if reports are true then if JS was in full control he would have shipped off RW last year.

fastforward

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,832.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The problem there is, Cousins' cap hit is 45 million next year. You don't pay any player 22% of your team's cap unless he's named Mahomes or Rodgers. Obviously guys like Burrow and Herbert might enter that discussion as well soon.

For Example: Derek Carr is making half of what Cousins is next year and he has his team on the cusp of the playoffs despite all that they've been through. I'd swap them right now and take the extra 25 million in cap space because Cousins is not significantly better than Carr is.
You are trying to make a math based argument using really bad math.

Cap hits are not what a player is being paid. The Vikings could add 4 voidable and completely bogus years to Cousins contract then convert $34M of Cousins 2022 salary into a restructure bonus. That would reduce the Vikings cap hit from $45M in 2022 to $17.8M. It still wouldn't mean he was being paid either $45M or $17.8M. He's being paid $35M in 2022. How the Vikings manage their cap hits is down to the Vikings, not the players or the fans.

jerseyhawksfan79

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,273.33
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And full control of which FA to sign
Although if reports are true then if JS was in full control he would have shipped off RW last year.
Completely agree. This year could happen but I get the feeling JS wants a chance to build around RW. All these rumors seem to be drummed up by the press.

VikingFan2k2

Hoopla Cash
$ 3,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are trying to make a math based argument using really bad math.

Cap hits are not what a player is being paid. The Vikings could add 4 voidable and completely bogus years to Cousins contract then convert $34M of Cousins 2022 salary into a restructure bonus. That would reduce the Vikings cap hit from $45M in 2022 to $17.8M. It still wouldn't mean he was being paid either $45M or $17.8M. He's being paid $35M in 2022. How the Vikings manage their cap hits is down to the Vikings, not the players or the fans.

I get that, but it takes two to tango. Kirk isn't going to take some bogus, Taysom Hill kind of deal.

Rob Brzezinski is one of the best at working the cap. He was originally hired by cheap ass Red McCombs to create that kind of funny money to get up to the salary floor. He's been through 2 ownerships and 3 coaching regimes and he's been one of the most consistent at working the cap in the league.

I don't think Cousins does any kind of restructuring unless the Vikings add more years and more guarantees. Thereby kicking the can down the road and then it becomes a problem again in a year or two.