• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The new LA Clippers coach is.........

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At some point the players need to take responsibility. You can't blame the coach for everything.

Blaming him for that 0-6 start is ridiculous. That was a horrible team and if I remember correctly, they didn't have Love available for most of those games
And at some point players need to be given credit too.

Guys like Pop, Spo and Carlisle are top coaches because they've been consistently good with different players on the team.

Guys like Lue, Kerr and now maybe even Vogel kinda lucked out by having some of the best players of all time on their team.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not saying Lue is terrible, but we'll have to wait and see.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why not? If he was 7-12 it would have been a completely different matter.

But 1-18?!?

Also, he was 0-6 to start off the season in Cleveland after Lebron went to LA.

To be fair, they were pretty much openly tanking. What coach was going to do much better with that roster.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To be fair, they were pretty much openly tanking. What coach was going to do much better with that roster.

He had a 1-12 record with Lebron on the team but him sitting out due to injuries or load management towards the end of the season. This was also a team where Kyrie and Love were still playing so it's not like he only had scrubs to pick from.

Oh, and lets not forget, Tristan Thompson was on that team too.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a 1-12 record with Lebron on the team but him sitting out due to injuries or load management towards the end of the season. This was also a team where Kyrie and Love were still playing so it's not like he only had scrubs to pick from.

Oh, and lets not forget, Tristan Thompson was on that team too.

This sound like more of a players issue than a coach issue.

The coaches rarely get credit for every single win (especially not in the regular season) so it is unfair to blame them for all the losses in the regular season as well

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Meh. I don't see much difference between him and Doc. Like I said in a couple weeks back when the Clips lost and there was talk if Doc should be fired, Lue is from Doc's coaching tree. He came up under him and when Lue didn't get a head coaching job after Cleveland, its no surprise he went back to Doc. They're basically like the same guy. Now that doesn't mean its a bad hire, I'm just saying its not a dramatic improvement. This basically just looks like the Clippers had to place blame after their loss and the only real move they could make was switching coaches. So they did. And they hired the one that will give the least disruption.

Picklerick 2.0

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this. They did him wrong in Cleveland so he should be very motivated to prove that he's solid
Meh, he got the job because he was buddies with lebron. The real person who got screwed was.......see how that works? The facts are he is a young man now given a chance to prove jimself and its his to do or do not. Before you respond, yoda agrees with me.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We'll see but the West is going to be even tougher next season with GS back in the fold.....I won't be surprised if the Clippers fail to make it to the WCF, much less the Finals.

Of course.

But like I said, there is almost no risk here for Lue.

He gets the long term contract he wanted and gets to coach a contending team.

If he succeeds he will actually start to get a bit of well deserved credit for being a good coach. Right now everyone assumes he didn’t do much in Cleveland. I disagree with that assumption. People always forget that Cleveland’s chemistry was not good when Lue took over. He changed that and got Kyrie and LeBron to work together for 2 years.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's an interesting hire. Not really sure what to think of it. I guess we'll find out of the Lakers made a mistake in not hiring him. Although it would be difficult to top the results we got with Vogel.
Hard to think a mistake with a title, but no doubt he was the choice ahead of Vogel.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
:pound:

You just won't cut that guy any slack. I said a while back I hope he gets another chance to coach. To see what kind of coach he really is.
To his critics if he wins it will be "all because of Kawhi".

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wasn't he being forced by the FO to play the younger players instead of the vets? They wanted to go with more youth. Lue didn't. Thought that's what happened. If not, my bad.
Not sure if that was the case but might have been. Honestly don't recall. I'm sure some of the blame for the record falls on him, but thinking there were a number of injuries plus they lost that Lebron fellow and had a team constructed to play with Lebron.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Guys like Pop, Spo and Carlisle are top coaches because they've been consistently good with different players on the team.

Guys like Lue, Kerr and now maybe even Vogel kinda lucked out by having some of the best players of all time on their team.

Lue got to coach LeBron. Kerr got to coach the loaded Warriors. But Vogel has had some success as a coach previously. He took the Pacers to the playoffs 5 outta 6 years and to the ECF twice.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course. don't like a coach and all success is on the player or players. Blame goes to coach, though.

Any credit to Vogel?

It's not a matter of not liking Lue. It's just how it is when you have Lebron. I doubt Vogel will get much more credit than Lue did. The only reason Vogel might get a little more credit is because a lot of folks didn't like how it looked like Blatt was fired to bring in Lebron's handpicked coach.

So Vogel doesn't look like he got the job because he's "Lebron's guy" and will do what Lebron wants like it did with Lue.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
To his critics if he wins it will be "all because of Kawhi".

I'm just giving her some shit, she knows that. As far as Lue though he really hasn't proven anything as a coach (obviously coached LeBron). Same can be said about Kerr (coaching a loaded Warriors team). This is Lue's opportunity to prove what kinda coach he really is.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Vogel kind of was consistently good with different players, wasn't he? Not title level, but good. No doubt we don't know what Lue will do with the Clips, but I have no doubt if they win you'll just credit Kawhi and maybe PG.

what about the guy he replaced? where does he rank for you as a coach?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with this. They did him wrong in Cleveland so he should be very motivated to prove that he's solid
Did him wrong? I mean, they gave him a shot after Blatt with a nice deal. Not sure he wanted any part of the rebuild.