• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

The new LA Clippers coach is.........

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He had a 1-12 record with Lebron on the team but him sitting out due to injuries or load management towards the end of the season. This was also a team where Kyrie and Love were still playing so it's not like he only had scrubs to pick from.

Oh, and lets not forget, Tristan Thompson was on that team too.
Let's also not forget it was a team constructed to play WITH Lebron.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This sound like more of a players issue than a coach issue.

The coaches rarely get credit for every single win (especially not in the regular season) so it is unfair to blame them for all the losses in the regular season as well
Well, this is exactly how it goes when someone dislikes a coach.....win and it's the players. Lose it's the coach.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not sure if that was the case but might have been. Honestly don't recall. I'm sure some of the blame for the record falls on him, but thinking there were a number of injuries plus they lost that Lebron fellow and had a team constructed to play with Lebron.

Of course some of the blame falls on him, he's the coach. That's just the way things work in all sports. Looked at the first article the popped up. From nbcsports.com- why did Cavaliers fire Tyronn Lue? 'disconnect' between playing youth, veterans. Small part of the article.

The ultimate disagreement was about playing youth- Collin Sexton, Cedi Osman and others who have potential but are not going to win a lot right now- versus more run for the veterans on the roster. Lue always the players' coach, leaned veterans.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't fire a coach after 6 games in a league that play 82 games especially since it was a team with a bunch of young players and the only top 50 player on the roster missed a few games

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's not a matter of not liking Lue. It's just how it is when you have Lebron. I doubt Vogel will get much more credit than Lue did. The only reason Vogel might get a little more credit is because a lot of folks didn't like how it looked like Blatt was fired to bring in Lebron's handpicked coach.

So Vogel doesn't look like he got the job because he's "Lebron's guy" and will do what Lebron wants like it did with Lue.
Vogel got the job because Lebron's guy turned it down. He might be Lebron's guy, but not sure Lebron is Lue's guy.

FTR, I'm not saying Lue is anything special. He's like most...give him talent he can win. Don't and he probably wont.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes did him wrong
OK...by offering him an opportunity no one else had given him, and letting him go when he clearly had some health issues and wanted no part of the rebuild.

I get why you wouldn't want to explain your "logic" on that one.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Of course some of the blame falls on him, he's the coach. That's just the way things work in all sports. Looked at the first article the popped up. From nbcsports.com- why did Cavaliers fire Tyronn Lue? 'disconnect' between playing youth, veterans. Small part of the article.

The ultimate disagreement was about playing youth- Collin Sexton, Cedi Osman and others who have potential but are not going to win a lot right now- versus more run for the veterans on the roster. Lue always the players' coach, leaned veterans.
curious if article mentioned health issues and/or wanting no part of a rebuild. I'd have to look back but pretty sure he was playing the kids as some vets were hurt. Guess possible he told someone he wont once they are healthy and if they don't like it then fire him.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You don't fire a coach after 6 games in a league that play 82 games especially since it was a team with a bunch of young players and the only top 50 player on the roster missed a few games
Or maybe you do if the coach, himself, has some health issues and says he wants no part of a rebuild....and of course you dismiss the nice contract he got and the chance to coach when no one else had given him that opportunity. Got millions not to coach ($21 mil left on deal). So dirty.

to be fair he has later said he did want part of the rebuild.

Last edited:

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
curious if article mentioned health issues and/or wanting no part of a rebuild. I'd have to look back but pretty sure he was playing the kids as some vets were hurt. Guess possible he told someone he wont once they are healthy and if they don't like it then fire him.
The part I mentioned was at the beginning. And didn't read past it. So not sure if what you're asking about was covered in the article.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Looks like SVG to the Pels. Really wanted them to hire D'Antoni.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,101.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3