• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tristan agrees to contract agreement

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hey LAD how have things been? Hope you & your family are well.
Hey Wamu we're great! Hope the same for you and your family!

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When you are rolling in the cash it really doesn't matter

Lebron is a license to print money for your franchise

The fact of the salary cap means that it DOES matter. The Cavs have virtually no way of improving the team. This means that if they don't get a title this season, this will make it extremely difficult to address any of the issues to get them over the hump.

The Cavs are in essentially the same area that the Lakers operated in throughout the 2000's. They have a boatload of money committed and due to cap restrictions, no way to improve their roster as players got older, moved on, etc. The Lakers were able to win 5 titles during that span, so that makes what they are going through now, worth it.

The Cavs are all in with this group as they should be. If they can win a title or 2, then they can look at it and say it's worth it. If they don't, then it'll just be another fail.

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The fact of the salary cap means that it DOES matter. The Cavs have virtually no way of improving the team. This means that if they don't get a title this season, this will make it extremely difficult to address any of the issues to get them over the hump.

The Cavs are in essentially the same area that the Lakers operated in throughout the 2000's. They have a boatload of money committed and due to cap restrictions, no way to improve their roster as players got older, moved on, etc. The Lakers were able to win 5 titles during that span, so that makes what they are going through now, worth it.

The Cavs are all in with this group as they should be. If they can win a title or 2, then they can look at it and say it's worth it. If they don't, then it'll just be another fail.

Pretty much agree with all of this. Just wanted to point out that they do have a $10.5 million trade exception in their back pocket and the good news is that the majority of the roster is young and locked in.

While I can't argue that TT is being overpaid... I cannot criticize the Cavs for making the move. It was the right move.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
FG%, Point per shot, MPG and less turnovers...there is a reason Thompson has a higher offensive rating...I think more shots for steph curry and klay would be benefical over a 3 pointer from green but that's just me

It is just you. They signed TT to be a backup behind their 20M PF Starter and now probably going to lose their starting center in Mozgof now that they have all that cap space tied up in one position. That's not even counting Varejo's extension.

You really don't understand the difference in roles if you're comparing Draymond's FG % and Turnovers to TT. I'm not going to even consider you actually threw out MPG as a superior stat.

TT is asked to catch the ball and dunk them or make put backs. It's not like they're isolating TT and he's getting them 20 points a night. He's averaging 8 points a game. The reason his points per shot is high is because his usage is extremely low. When he gets the ball, 90% of the time it's in a position where he can score. His FG% and Points Per shot is expected to be high, otherwise you're a terrible player.

Draymond Green pushes the ball up on a fastbreak. He's a high post distributor, and he's a stretch 4. The Warriors offense is predicated on spacing, which TT does not do, which again is not beneficial to Klay or Steph.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Draymond's deal was originally slated around 70M as a starting point until TT reportedly had his deal of 5 years 80M done. Warriors then signed Draymond to a 5 year 82M.

Then TT goes back to the Cavs and says he wants more based on what everyone else (including Draymond) were getting. Cavs said "nahhhhhhhh". They finally gave him 2M more to save some face and smooth things over.

I like TT as a player but 82M is a reach. Just like Harrison Barnes turning down 64M is ridiculous. He's not worth that. I think he might be a big trade target during the deadline if he doesn't get a deal done before the extension deadline.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lets just call this deal what it is...a desperate move on the Cavs part. On paper their lineup looks superb with LeBron, Love and Kyrie. However on the court it's anything but when 2/3 of that trio is missing due to injuries. The Cavs know that, especially Gilbert. What he didn't bank on was TT understanding the position he sat in on that roster, the cards he was dealt & how injuries on that team would force Gilberts hand. If nothing else, TT appears to be business savvy on this one.

that's called jumping on an opportunity/taking advantage of a situation when he had the chance. sometimes luck is all about timing...and of course being homies with LeBron didn't hurt...:lol:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
that's called jumping on an opportunity/taking advantage of a situation when he had the chance. sometimes luck is all about timing...and of course being homies with LeBron didn't hurt...:lol:
Couldn't agree more and I ain't mad at him for it!

ducky

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

They have Love, Irving, James, Shumpert and now Thompson locked down for long term. And they more or less have the roster they have now for this year and next year for sure. And they will have options after next offseason as the cap keeps expanding.

Honestly if they need more than that to get over the hump....there is a problem. Been a long time since we have seen a team this stacked. I still think this is a better team than the Miami construction with Lebron. They are younger and they are more skilled.

It will take injuries like what happened to them last season to stop this team from winning multiple championships over the next 3-5 years IMO. The only other thing that could get in their way is if another team finds a way to super stack a team with multiple superstars in this changing NBA landscape with the cap ready to explode. Last years Golden State Warrior like teams isn't going to stop this team if they can get and stay healthy.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty much agree with all of this. Just wanted to point out that they do have a $10.5 million trade exception in their back pocket and the good news is that the majority of the roster is young and locked in.

While I can't argue that TT is being overpaid... I cannot criticize the Cavs for making the move. It was the right move.

I agree 100% that it was the right move to sign TT. As you said, they are locked in with this group as they absolutely should be.

Maybe the best way to say it is that TT's contract isn't a good one for the Cavs, but it is a necessary one.

trojanfan12

Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They have Love, Irving, James, Shumpert and now Thompson locked down for long term. And they more or less have the roster they have now for this year and next year for sure. And they will have options after next offseason as the cap keeps expanding.

Honestly if they need more than that to get over the hump....there is a problem. Been a long time since we have seen a team this stacked. I still think this is a better team than the Miami construction with Lebron. They are younger and they are more skilled.

It will take injuries like what happened to them last season to stop this team from winning multiple championships over the next 3-5 years IMO. The only other thing that could get in their way is if another team finds a way to super stack a team with multiple superstars in this changing NBA landscape with the cap ready to explode. Last years Golden State Warrior like teams isn't going to stop this team if they can get and stay healthy.

James isn't locked down long term. He signed a 2 year deal with an option after 1. I know that it's about him getting the maximum amount of money possible every year, but it's also an opportunity to leave if he doesn't like the way things are going.

Love and Irving are bit of a gamble as far as staying healthy and we are already seeing Lebron beginning to decline because of the mileage on his body.

Also, I don't even think the Cavs are the best team in the NBA. The Spurs are and they have the better coach. The biggest going against the Spurs is that they are in the West. If they make the finals, the Cavs will very likely be 0-2 after the upcoming finals.

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

The problem for the Cavs is they CAN'T stay healthy

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Also, I don't even think the Cavs are the best team in the NBA. The Spurs are and they have the better coach. The biggest going against the Spurs is that they are in the West. If they make the finals, the Cavs will very likely be 0-2 after the upcoming finals.

If they end up playing I hope people don't really think Love or TT is going to match up well against LA.