• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tristan agrees to contract agreement

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Most people with a brain would take that over the Cleveland winters.

Thanks to global warming the winters are hardly lasting here...Some of the ski places are going out of business

I live in Miami in the winter anyways, so i get 75-8's almost year round....Nobody would take 120 unless they had too

DJ Fieri

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,318.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thanks to global warming the winters are hardly lasting here...Some of the ski places are going out of business

I live in Miami in the winter anyways, so i get 75-8's almost year round....Nobody would take 120 unless they had too

There's this amazing invention......called central AC.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There's this amazing invention......called central AC.

Still have to go outside, there is an amazing invention in the winter it's called a jacket

WiggyRuss

Hoopla Cash
$ 14,727.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its just so funny....months ago i said that at this time- free agency-in july- people would start to finally realize the economic situation in the league and the explosion of contracts.

its finally here.....

ill give myself a big ole pat on the back on this one. Despite NUMEROUS people insulting, ripping on me, deriding me- its all coming true.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
the fact that you actually pushed a theory that Riley is purposefully sandbagging the negotiations with Whiteside so he leaves and Miami does not have to pay him is BY FAR the biggest indictment of Whiteside's issues then anything I could ever say.

Tristan Thompson was without a doubt more valuable and helped his team win more than Whiteside did. Its not even a close debate.

as the great Walter White once said-

I WON

I wrote what I heard on the radio.
I wouldn't say he's sandbagging.
It's more like he told Whiteside his plan and that it's his choice to either live with it or not.
In reality, I've stated how much I like Whiteside and that he would be a max player SOMEWHERE.
I don't believe I ever said the Heat WOULD offer him a max but I hoped they would all things being equal.

Who the hell really knows what's up with Durant, but it's pretty obvious Riley thinks he's in play.
If that's the case, as it was when he was pursing James, you take your best shot and see how it goes.

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
its just so funny....months ago i said that at this time- free agency-in july- people would start to finally realize the economic situation in the league and the explosion of contracts.

its finally here.....

ill give myself a big ole pat on the back on this one. Despite NUMEROUS people insulting, ripping on me, deriding me- its all coming true.

:lol: Sure dude. You were the only one who knew that the salary cap was going up big time. :crazy:

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tristan Thompson was without a doubt more valuable and helped his team win more than Whiteside did. Its not even a close debate.

If you are a fan of advanced stats:

Win Shares
Whiteside 10.3
Thompson 8.7

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
as the great Walter White once said-

I WON[/QUOTE]

how so? between the 2 i'd STILL rather have Whiteside...:lol:

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If you are a fan of advanced stats:

Win Shares
Whiteside 10.3
Thompson 8.7

As a matter of fact i am...

Playoffs win Shares

Whiteside 1.7
Thompson 2.0 (and a ring)

By the way Whiteside is 26 and Thompson is 24...Tell me what was Whitesides regular season PER again compared to Thompsons these last few years

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So is this the right thread to call LeBron a jackass & belittle the Cavs championship?:D

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As a matter of fact i am...

Playoffs win Shares

Whiteside 1.7
Thompson 2.0 (and a ring)

By the way Whiteside is 26 and Thompson is 24...Tell me what was Whitesides regular season PER again compared to Thompsons these last few years

2015-2016 Regular Season PER
Whiteside 25.7
Thompson 15.9

2015-2016 Playoff PER
Whiteside 24.3
Thompson 14.2

So, it is a close debate then.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has one good year and teams are ready to throw the max at the guy

Think about how crazy this is...The guy has been in the league 5 years and missed 2 years completely...He has yet to even finish a full season without injury ever. Meanwhile Tristan is not even in his prime yet, the #1 offensive rebounder in the league, a great lockdown defender and good finisher at the rim, and has yet to miss 1 game his entire career....

lakersrule

ANUSTART
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He has one good year and teams are ready to throw the max at the guy

Think about how crazy this is...The guy has been in the league 5 years and missed 2 years completely...He has yet to even finish a full season without injury ever. Meanwhile Tristan is not even in his prime yet, the #1 offensive rebounder in the league, a great lockdown defender and good finisher at the rim, and has yet to miss 1 game his entire career....

It is a scary thought. What will happen to his work ethic, which is debatable, after he becomes wealthy? We've seen players not try as hard once they sign that big contract. It's also disconcerting to see quotes like "I'm a business man that plays basketball." Really dude? Maybe LeBron can get away with saying that, but Whiteside? Taking on Whiteside for 4 years at roughly around $100mil may be the scariest commitment of all time.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is a scary thought. What will happen to his work ethic, which is debatable, after he becomes wealthy? We've seen players not try as hard once they sign that big contract. It's also disconcerting to see quotes like "I'm a business man that plays basketball." Really dude? Maybe LeBron can get away with saying that, but Whiteside? Taking on Whiteside for 4 years at roughly around $100mil may be the scariest commitment of all time.

Agreed, looks like dallas is pushing hard for him...I don't even see him working out there either way