• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Tristan agrees to contract agreement

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's all good. Although I can understand why alotta people would think I'm a Cavs fan since I am a Browns & Indians fan.

I'm sorry....nevermind I'm a Phins and Marlins fan, so we're in the same boat of misery. Cheers!

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sorry....nevermind I'm a Phins and Marlins fan, so we're in the same boat of misery. Cheers!

Hey @ least your Marlins have a couple of WS wins recently. The Indians have 2...one in '48 & one in '20. I wasn't around for either of them!

Jackson O'Dowd

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At this point, there is no guarantee that the Cavs can stay healthy. Kyrie's made of glass, and Kevin Love is coming off an injury. I am not impressed with their offseason moves. Other teams managed to improve significantly. LeBron won't move out of Cleveland lest he wants to be a pariah once more. If people are lamenting the last years of Dirk in Dallas, I think it might be time to lament LeBron's good years going to waste. They could've just kept that money and gotten someone else for that money [inflated salary cap or not].

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that Kyrie has an injury history.... but I feel like its a stretch to translate two fluke injuries that happened to come within a couple of weeks of each other (and at a really bad time)... into "the Cavs have proven they can't stay healthy time and time again". This roster has been together for less than 1 season.

The Cavs are a solid 2-deep at every position and are playing in the eastern conference... so they can handle a few injuries. They don't need to have a super healthy season... what they really need is to be healthy when they get to the Finals. That's no guarantee of course, but I don't think its unlikely either.

Black Adam

Cowards WILL BE cowards..
Hoopla Cash
$ 100.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I understand that Kyrie has an injury history.... but I feel like its a stretch to translate two fluke injuries that happened to come within a couple of weeks of each other (and at a really bad time)... into "the Cavs have proven they can't stay healthy time and time again". This roster has been together for less than 1 season.

The Cavs are a solid 2-deep at every position and are playing in the eastern conference... so they can handle a few injuries. They don't need to have a super healthy season... what they really need is to be healthy when they get to the Finals. That's no guarantee of course, but I don't think its unlikely either.

i think it's a stretch to say Kyrie getting hurt is a "fluke". the guy hasn't had a healthy season YET. so there's a basis there to kinda back that up...

gordontrue

Bandwagoner
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,550.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i think it's a stretch to say Kyrie getting hurt is a "fluke". the guy hasn't had a healthy season YET. so there's a basis there to kinda back that up...

Took a knee to the side of his knee in the exact moment he was planting his foot.

In the last 4 seasons there have been 312 regular season games (2012 only had 66 games).
  • Kyrie played in 256
  • Curry played in 250
  • Wade played in 234
  • Tony Parker played in 260
  • Durant played in 255
  • Westbrook played in 261
  • John Wall played in 270
  • etc, etc
He's had a lot of little injuries but it hasn't caused him to miss a ton of time... especially the last 2 seasons.

It just happened that he got hurt in the biggest game of his life... after Love had already been knocked out of the season with a fluke injury.... and everything - understandably - gets blown up.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I disagree. How long the team has been together has nothing to do with whether or not they are injury prone. The team could have been together for the past 4 years and Kyrie still wouldn't have played a full season since his sophomore or junior year of high school. Last year was the closest he has come to a full season and yet, where was he in the playoffs?

While it may be a stretch to call Love injury prone, he hasn't exactly been a pillar of health either.

Add to that the fact that Lebron is starting to show the wear and tear of all of the mileage on his body and that Varejao has been injured a good bit of the time recently and there is plenty of reason to be concerned about the Cavs ability to stay healthy.

To be fair to Kyrie, his games played has increased every season since he's been in the league, so hopefully, his injury issues are behind him. But until he actually makes it through a full season and playoffs, his ability to stay healthy has to be a concern.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took a knee to the side of his knee in the exact moment he was planting his foot.

In the last 4 seasons there have been 312 regular season games (2012 only had 66 games).
  • Kyrie played in 256
  • Curry played in 250
  • Wade played in 234
  • Durant played in 255
  • etc, etc
He's had a lot of little injuries but it hasn't caused him to miss a ton of time... especially the last 2 seasons.

It just happened that he got hurt in the biggest game of his life... after Love had already been knocked out of the season with a fluke injury.... and everything - understandably - gets blown up.

All the players you've listed have had major injuries outside of Wade and Parker. Wade and Parker for the last few years have been on maintenance programs to keep them fresh for the playoffs, so those are horrible examples.

The only person who has a list of injuries worse than Kyrie Irving is Derrick Rose. That should let you know about his injury history. For fuck sake, he only played 11 games in college because he was injured.

lebron23james

Hoopla Cash
$ 900.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
All the players you've listed have had major injuries outside of Wade and Parker. Wade and Parker for the last few years have been on maintenance programs to keep them fresh for the playoffs, so those are horrible examples.

The only person who has a list of injuries worse than Kyrie Irving is Derrick Rose. That should let you know about his injury history. For fuck sake, he only played 11 games in college because he was injured.

All pg's seem to have injury problems...any driving/slashing pg is going to have problems in todays nba

LAD

GSAD - formally known as LAD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gordon, it's not a fluke when Kyrie has yet to play a full season since being drafted. The Cavs can't rely on him to carry the team any longer because when they did they didn't even make the playoffs in the EASTERN Conference. LBJ had to be kidding himself thinking Kyrie would be his right hand man...or they masked the fact that Kyrie is injury prone. The fact that they've played together only 1 season has absolutely nothing to do with this problem.

Second, a few injuries had them playing with 2nd and 3rd tier guys and LBJ doing all the major lifting. Do you remember what LBJ looked like at the end of last seasons' playoff run? He freaking practically ran out of gas. Now imagine if the road is tougher next season in the first two rounds. I am willing to bet the other teams noticed that.

Finally, if they can't manage to stay healthy during the reg season how can they expect to elevate their game in the later rounds of the playoffs?

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

• Kyrie played in 256
  • Curry played in 250
  • Wade played in 234
  • Durant played in 255
  • etc, etc

LOL stop it. Saying that play cracked his knee cap is a stretch...even for you Gordon. Usually you're pretty good about keeping thins one hun'ed.
Was there contact? Yes...but not enough to cause the injury he had.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL stop it. Saying that play cracked his knee cap is a stretch...even for you Gordon. Usually you're pretty good about keeping thins one hun'ed.
Was there contact? Yes...but not enough to cause the injury he had.

I've had someone's knee hit me like that. It hurt like crap. But my knee cap wasn't shattered. If that's what did it, Kyrie's brittle as hell.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've had someone's knee hit me like that. It hurt like crap. But my knee cap wasn't shattered. If that's what did it, Kyrie's brittle as hell.

The Cavs need to limit Kyrie's minutes during the regular season & wrap him in bubble wrap when he's on the court so he'll be okay for the playoffs.

Last edited:

LAD

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand it hurting but not cracking his knee cap. I believe there's a report stating there was a prior injury that caused it to be so fragile.

Basketball is a contact sport so he should take some time to let his fragile body heal otherwise he may never have a healthy season.

Heatles84

Hoopla Cash
$ 654.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I can understand it hurting but not cracking his knee cap. I believe there's a report stating there was a prior injury that caused it to be so fragile.

Basketball is a contact sport so he should take some time to let his fragile body heal otherwise he may never have a healthy season.

Kyrie should ignore that advice, and listen to Wiggy who wants him to suit up in November.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I just can't believe you'd talk so much shit about Kyrie! Shame on you...:L Have you already forgotten all the games Kobe has misssed over the last 2 years?:noidea:

:trash:...CELTICS IN SEVEN!