• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Triple Espresso of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
He’s been visiting the country for three days now and literally nothing has been done - he hasn’t met with anyone from the FN bands, he hasn’t authorized any action to dismantle the blockades, he hasn’t put forth any other sort of resolution.

What the hell has he been working very hard on?

letting the oil workers in Edmonton manually take down the blockades... call it a pilot project

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
letting the oil workers in Edmonton manually take down the blockades... call it a pilot project
I laugh but yesterday was kind of the Shirley Temple version of what could happen if this keeps on - unlike past protests/occupations/etc. this has actually cost people jobs to date and may cost more in the future. If these people getting laid off get upset enough what's to stop them from turning to their own vigilantism?

Luckily what happened in Edmonton yesterday didn't result in any injuries but the longer this goes on confrontation leading to violence could become a reality.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So, he didn’t release full medical records like he had said he would the day before then right?

If that’s the case, 1) he made a promise and immediately went back on it and is open to criticism and 2) his staffer still looks like a nutjob.

"Full medical records" doesn't have a sensible meaning. The concern was his heart attack, and he released all information relevant to that event: rehab information, medications and medication history, blood work, vitals, stress test, and exercise test. Raw numbers and their context and interpretation by doctors. Asking him for more is overreach, and sets a very dangerous precedent, especially with regards to candidates with invisible disabilities, women who've had abortions, and anyone with an STD in their history. None of that is anyone else's business, and we shouldn't be setting any precedent or making any demand of any candidate--regardless of whatever promise Sanders made--which would open up that sort of expectation and the resulting weaponization of private, irrelevant matters.

Again, comparing it to birtherism is a reach, but saying Sanders went back on a promise he arguably didn't go back on, and which he has the absolute right to reneg on anyway--since it deals with his privacy and his privacy alone, and people are allowed to change their minds about how much about themselves they disclose publicly!--and using it as a point of attack and to demand every little detail of his entire medical history is misleading and a bad faith effort to smear him, period.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
"Full medical records" doesn't have a sensible meaning. The concern was his heart attack, and he released all information relevant to that event: rehab information, medications and medication history, blood work, vitals, stress test, and exercise test. Raw numbers and their context and interpretation by doctors. Asking him for more is overreach, and sets a very dangerous precedent, especially with regards to candidates with invisible disabilities, women who've had abortions, and anyone with an STD in their history. None of that is anyone else's business, and we shouldn't be setting any precedent or making any demand of any candidate--regardless of whatever promise Sanders made--which would open up that sort of expectation and the resulting weaponization of private, irrelevant matters.

Again, comparing it to birtherism is a reach, but saying Sanders went back on a promise he arguably didn't go back on, and which he has the absolute right to reneg on anyway--since it deals with his privacy and his privacy alone, and people are allowed to change their minds about how much about themselves they disclose publicly!--and using it as a point of attack and to demand every little detail of his entire medical history is misleading and a bad faith effort to smear him, period.

Oh, and I completely forgot. Sanders following through on that promise or capitulating to increasing demands of it would also hurt trans candidates in the future. It's a "promise" that would, under this interpretation of its meaning, would be actively irresponsible for him to keep.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Like I said, he volunteered it. I'm not disagreeing with anything you're saying but nobody forced Bernie to volunteer his entire health history but he did and then went back on it. To then take offence to people stating he did so and go on the attack as a result is just crazy.

Comparing this to a racist campaign against a sitting president isn't a reach, it's fucking dumb and she's dumb for saying it.

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1
Like I said, he volunteered it. I'm not disagreeing with anything you're saying but nobody forced Bernie to volunteer his entire health history but he did and then went back on it. To then take offence to people stating he did so and go on the attack as a result is just crazy.

Comparing this to a racist campaign against a sitting president isn't a reach, it's fucking dumb and she's dumb for saying it.
better to compare it to the promise to release tax returns from … man how long ago was that?

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
better to compare it to the promise to release tax returns from … man how long ago was that?

Sanders has his tax forms from 2009 to 2018 on his campaign website.

Sen. Bernie Sanders releases 10 years of tax returns, showing how his 2016 presidential run vaulted him into wealth - CNNPolitics

Or do you mean Trump?

Basically, I know he made a promise. I know it's stupid to compare continued demands for more medical history to birtherism. I know that. But he has the right--responsibility, even!--to back out of the promise to betray a basic standard of privacy and set a precedent which will harm future candidates, and in particular candidates from vulnerable and underrepresented populations. I wish he'd address it that way, but he's also justified in considering a summary letter from his primary care physician regarding 29 years of medical history a sufficient completion of his promise, too, and he has stated that position explicitly, in that very town hall that sparked this whole thing.

I'm supporting Warren in the primary, but this is a ridiculous and unfair piling-on of Sanders, who has the right to his medical privacy and the right to change his mind on disclosing everything that's ever happened in his medical history. He shouldn't have made the promise. He should be allowed to back out of this one. That's it.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes, absolutely meant trump.

the best tax returns. 'uge tax returns.
I'd release them, but you'se guys wouldn't understand them. sad!
the best.

I'd like to see 'em too. Because I bet they are just beautiful, perfect tax returns. Probably the most accurate tax returns anyone has ever seen.

It's good he hasn't though. Did you know 78% of dangerous wildfires are started because of carelessly discarded tax return copies left in the woods? A lot of people don't know that. Thank you, Donald Trump, for addressing this terrible problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.