• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Triple Espresso of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is from end of 2018 but, according to polling, somewhere around 70% or so of America’s 330 million people are at the very least not outraging against the healthcare system the way Bernie & co. would have you believe.

Most Americans Still Rate Their Healthcare Quite Positively

Other things to pull out:

70% approval for medicare v. 51% approval for private insurance, which indicates Medicare for All might not actually be that rough of a sell.

52% satisfaction with cost among independents, and nonwhite approval of healthcare coverage at only 58% means two of the most important voting blocs for Democrats to mobilize could be had to a pretty decent extent though healthcare promises.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No problem and No opinion people really grind my gears :D

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As I stated above and Mark Twain put it so eloquently
e84f2e5d79ab9267801242e4c9596a2d.jpg
:

Another beauty from Mark Twain:

It ain't what you don't know that gets you into trouble
It's what you know for sure that just ain't so

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I personally know no one that is happy or satisfied with their health care. I live in a good but costly area so maybe that is it, but I know about 8 or 9 people in real life and none of them are satisfied.

is Jones Falls “person” #9 ?

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I’m not saying 200 million Americans aren’t stupid and can’t put two and two together. I sure as hell don’t want their system here lol. Just stating what seems to be their feelings on the subject and why Bernie/Warren running on it isn’t the winner people think it is.

I personally know no one that is happy or satisfied with their health care. I live in a good but costly area so maybe that is it, but I know about 8 or 9 people in real life and none of them are satisfied.
I don’t know many here who are, either, but to be fair maybe that’s just an Ontario thing because we really have dropped the ball on healthcare in the last 15 years or so.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Republicans
-Never took seriously the investigation of serious and obvious allegations (admitted to by his own staff mind you) regarding the withholding of government funds to personally benefit himself and his future in politics.
-File charges against the House Speaker because she ripped a piece of paper in half.

Subhuman shit.

I think violence is the end result here.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

But White House aides realized early on that they were unable to stop Trump from ripping up paper after he was done with it and throwing it in the trash or on the floor, according to people familiar with the practice. Instead, they chose to clean it up for him, in order to make sure that the president wasn’t violating the law.

That's just a microcosm of the whole thing isn't it? Adults can't communicate the rules to him and he won't abide by them (assuming he understands them in the first place, a leap I realize), so everyone just deals with it and the whole thing is stupid. Just like him.

C'mon Big Macs and Filet-O-Fishes...we are counting on you.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
As bad as Donald J. Trump is, I think the real dastardly villain is Mitch McConnell - Kentucky could do the US a real solid by voting this guy out of office.
And the only reason Lindsey Graham is acting like this now is the fact the only man that would have ever outed him is dead. Granted McCain had the dignity to never do that but it would have ruined his political career.

I fully expect this type of reaction from his followers in SC the day he comes out:

- NSFW

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Other things to pull out:

70% approval for medicare v. 51% approval for private insurance, which indicates Medicare for All might not actually be that rough of a sell.

52% satisfaction with cost among independents, and nonwhite approval of healthcare coverage at only 58% means two of the most important voting blocs for Democrats to mobilize could be had to a pretty decent extent though healthcare promises.

But the group of people benefiting the most from Medicare are also the ones who say "I could support a family on one job, these millennials are just lazy"

In other words; the "Fuck you I got mine" generation.

By and large, Generation X and younger are pretty much already sold on Medicare for all (Dumb rednecks/Fox viewers not included). Especially as we start entering the portion of our lives where health issue start to compound. I have reached my family out of pocket maximum each of the last 7 years. An amount of money that would pay for three years of college for my son.

It's the fucking Boomers standing in the way. And there are a lot of them.

As bad as Donald J. Trump is, I think the real dastardly villain is Mitch McConnell - Kentucky could do the US a real solid by voting this guy out of office.

Counting on the citizens of the state that ranked 48th or worse in education for a quarter century to be smart enough to help us all is...

not hopeful.

elocomotive

A useful idiot.
Hoopla Cash
$ 201.67
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have reached my family out of pocket maximum each of the last 7 years. An amount of money that would pay for three years of college for my son.

We have told you SO many times that you need to wash your hands thoroughly when you finish gluing your crafts together and BEFORE you start masturbating.

That's on you, man.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We have told you SO many times that you need to wash your hands thoroughly when you finish gluing your crafts together and BEFORE you start masturbating.

That's on you, man.
“CORPSE OF BILLY MAYS HERE ... AND HAVE I GOT A PRODUCT FOR YOU!”
Best bit of prevention against corona virus is washing your han... wait wut?

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
But the group of people benefiting the most from Medicare are also the ones who say "I could support a family on one job, these millennials are just lazy"

In other words; the "Fuck you I got mine" generation.

By and large, Generation X and younger are pretty much already sold on Medicare for all (Dumb rednecks/Fox viewers not included). Especially as we start entering the portion of our lives where health issue start to compound. I have reached my family out of pocket maximum each of the last 7 years. An amount of money that would pay for three years of college for my son.

What sucks is when you have a type 1 Diabetic and how the cafeteria plans make sure all the diabetic expenses are considered Pharmacy and not medical so they never hit your deductible/out of pocket max. And this will make you puke but those costs are roughly $1000 a month.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What sucks is when you have a type 1 Diabetic and how the cafeteria plans make sure all the diabetic expenses are considered Pharmacy and not medical so they never hit your deductible/out of pocket max. And this will make you puke but those costs are roughly $1000 a month.
It's the same for diabetics here - insulin is only covered until 25 in Ontario (and that's a recent change, it used to be 18), though some provinces do full coverage for life. Don't expect that to change unless pharmacare is included in any Medicare for All plan.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's the same for diabetics here - insulin is only covered until 25 in Ontario (and that's a recent change, it used to be 18), though some provinces do full coverage for life. Don't expect that to change unless pharmacare is included in any Medicare for All plan.

Legislators might be surprised to hear this, but diabetics need insulin even when they're older than 25.

Status
Not open for further replies.