• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Triple Espresso of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wonder if Donald Trump Jr. had any issue with Rand Paul naming the whistle blower yesterday - Actually, scratch that, he was probably dancing with glee.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Man, this is a weird argument.

First off, I’m being excoriated for grading crimes worthy of impeachment and then reading why Clinton’s impeachment crime was “a petty hit” while the other is the work of Satan.

Then I’m being told that Obama’s and Bush’s possible war crimes that resulted in thousands of dead civilians were bad but at least they didn’t personally gain from them (questionable for Bush but...). If we’re living in a world where scores of innocent deaths are somehow comparable to trying to score dirt on Hunter Biden we’ve all lost it.

I said I wanted more impeachments for war crimes, even in apparent service of the national interest. The point is, Trump's conduct breached the one thing that could possibly save those actions from impeachment, which is why it was even more necessary.

Not to mention, Trump not only committed a war crime, but proudly admitted it, and then doubled-down on the confession in a Fox interview. His border policy is also rife with human rights violations.

It was just way easier to prove the things they chose to pursue. And that's where Bush and Obama saved themselves. They left enough doubt as to impeachability to avoid it. Trump didn't, and that forced the House's hand. And that's why they acted when they did, when it all became too obvious to let slide any longer.

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
90% of the replies are “this is the way” lol

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not good, but I guess it could have been much worse...

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems odd, but I did verify, this is how they settle a tie in Iowa:

I gotta be honest, I was hoping for the following:

1aivw3.gif

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
90% of the replies are “this is the way” lol

Mittens could be quite the hero if he decides to challenge Trump as an independent.

We're going to a shootout in Iowa...

Could you imagine what a gift it would be to Republicans if the gay guy was the nom? So many small minded people would immediately tune him out. They will never tolerate a gay leader.

I mean openly. They love Lindsey Graham. But someone who admits it? Never in a million years.

dash

Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It takes a lot of well I'm not sure what it is to call out someone else's faith at the National Prayer Breakfast when you've had an affair with a pron star while your wife is pregnant.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Mittens could be quite the hero if he decides to challenge Trump as an independent.
Trump has a 95+% approval rating among Republicans.

If anything this would probably hurt Democrats more, especially if they choose Sanders or Warren as a candidate on a hard left ticket. Easy way to lose a lot of centrists.

Could you imagine what a gift it would be to Republicans if the gay guy was the nom? So many small minded people would immediately tune him out. They will never tolerate a gay leader.

I mean openly. They love Lindsey Graham. But someone who admits it? Never in a million years.
No different than a black guy taking over. And apparently Buttgayedge is a frothing racist who is just like Mike Pence because he came from the same state!

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It takes a lot of well I'm not sure what it is to call out someone else's faith at the National Prayer Breakfast when you've had an affair with a pron star while your wife is pregnant.
But Paula White forgave Trump so all is good with him.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

If anything this would probably hurt Democrats more, especially if they choose Sanders or Warren as a candidate on a hard left ticket. Easy way to lose a lot of centrists.

No different than a black guy taking over. And apparently Buttgayedge is a frothing racist who is just like Mike Pence because he came from the same state!

I think that a lot of that 95% could have eroded if Mittens challenged him before doing his job. But you're probably right that now it's not as much of a great idea actually. With the character assassination going on.

And yeah, Mayor Pete IS like Pence in the sense that neither will be alone in a room with a woman without seeking advice from Mother.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In the primary, Dems worry about the "electability" stuff, but ultimately Trump won because people didn't want more of the same. Running more of the same against him is, itself, asking for disaster, I think. A Sanders or Warren led ticket might actually be better.

Status
Not open for further replies.