• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Triple Espresso of Coffee Talk

Status
Not open for further replies.

dash

Money can't buy happiness, but it can buy bacon
Hoopla Cash
$ 71.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
t1jnz5zjnaf41.jpg

Link Gaetz >>>>>>>> Matt Gaetz

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the primary, Dems worry about the "electability" stuff, but ultimately Trump won because people didn't want more of the same. Running more of the same against him is, itself, asking for disaster, I think. A Sanders or Warren led ticket might actually be better.
Maybe but I think there’s going to be a big problem trying to convince the voters among the 200 million middle class Americans who are happy with their healthcare and don’t give much a shit about college tuition costs.

Getting people to vote for the greater good is a lot tougher when the economy’s doing great and people don’t have much to complain about.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe but I think there’s going to be a big problem trying to convince the voters among the 200 million middle class Americans who are happy with their healthcare and don’t give much a shit about college tuition costs.

Getting people to vote for the greater good is a lot tougher when the economy’s doing great and people don’t have much to complain about.
Exactly, the simple one liners is what got Trump the win. No substance but it sounded good.
It is the "get rich quick" or you can lose weight by taking this pill without working at it, is what most folks want to hear.

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Who in the United States is happy with their healthcare? Who among the middle class doesn't care about college tuition costs? It's certainly not virtually the entire voting population who feel that way. And middle class Americans are the ones most likely to be in or plunged into debt for college tuition costs.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In the primary, Dems worry about the "electability" stuff, but ultimately Trump won because people didn't want more of the same. Running more of the same against him is, itself, asking for disaster, I think. A Sanders or Warren led ticket might actually be better.

I was just kind of fantasizing that Romney could siphon off some Republicans with a conscience (and they do exist). But it's becoming clear today that the Cult of Personality has completely turned on Romney.

My sister and her husband are both "Taxes WHHARRRGARBL" single issue voters, but both of them seem really fucking sick of Graham and Trump. They live in SC, so that's two less votes for Lindsey and Donald. Unfortunately, they are very, very rare in SC.

I would be fucking stunned to learn that 200 million people are happy with their healthcare. Here, among the parents of an entire hockey team which has had each member get the flu and working for a company that has instituted a work from home as much as possible policy due to a major flu outbreak (5,000 people work in my building and it's at 60% capacity on a good day) and has spent time in urgent care and lines at the pharmacy dozens of times the last 2 months, all I have heard is bitching about health care.

And maybe it's because my social circle are all my age with kids heading to college, but I get the sense that the costs of tuition are really on people's minds. My son almost chose an awful college in a terrible area because he is afraid of saddling himself with 100k in debt as a 22 year old and that college was the cheapest in the state.

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and this:
pi9baxi0waf41.jpg

Something, something "representation".

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Could you imagine what a gift it would be to Republicans if the gay guy was the nom? So many small minded people would immediately tune him out. They will never tolerate a gay leader.

I mean openly. They love Lindsey Graham. But someone who admits it? Never in a million years.

just as long as pete “continues” to keep it a “secret” :wtf:

forty_three

It’s Raining Falafel
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
just as long as pete “continues” to keep it a “secret” :wtf:

I should be legally allowed to smack that bigoted piece of shit in the face with a swim fin duct taped to a broom handle.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who in the United States is happy with their healthcare? Who among the middle class doesn't care about college tuition costs? It's certainly not virtually the entire voting population who feel that way. And middle class Americans are the ones most likely to be in or plunged into debt for college tuition costs.

I know I am not including all the posts but back to the original, I was stressing the second part of the comment that people don't want to hear the harsh reality vs what sounds good. The typical feel-good speech gets everyone excited at the moment and eventually pay for it later.

As for Healthcare, I agree there is no way 200 million people are happy with it. The 40% who are Trump supporters hate the ACA just because of the who created it even though it benefits the most of them. As for the rest of the middle class, I would say only 30% really approve of their healthcare because it is tied to their Union benefits, have the right government job or never sick/need meds. The rest are stuck in a massive expense hole they can't get out of.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh, and this:
pi9baxi0waf41.jpg

Something, something "representation".
Just think if the founding fathers were perfect then they wouldn't have created amendments and so forth with the future leaders of the country.

Bloody Brian Burke

#1 CFL Fan!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,152.09
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was just kind of fantasizing that Romney could siphon off some Republicans with a conscience (and they do exist). But it's becoming clear today that the Cult of Personality has completely turned on Romney.

My sister and her husband are both "Taxes WHHARRRGARBL" single issue voters, but both of them seem really fucking sick of Graham and Trump. They live in SC, so that's two less votes for Lindsey and Donald. Unfortunately, they are very, very rare in SC.

I would be fucking stunned to learn that 200 million people are happy with their healthcare. Here, among the parents of an entire hockey team which has had each member get the flu and working for a company that has instituted a work from home as much as possible policy due to a major flu outbreak (5,000 people work in my building and it's at 60% capacity on a good day) and has spent time in urgent care and lines at the pharmacy dozens of times the last 2 months, all I have heard is bitching about health care.

And maybe it's because my social circle are all my age with kids heading to college, but I get the sense that the costs of tuition are really on people's minds. My son almost chose an awful college in a terrible area because he is afraid of saddling himself with 100k in debt as a 22 year old and that college was the cheapest in the state.
This is from end of 2018 but, according to polling, somewhere around 70% or so of America’s 330 million people are at the very least not outraging against the healthcare system the way Bernie & co. would have you believe.

Most Americans Still Rate Their Healthcare Quite Positively

jstewismybastardson

Lord Shitlord aka El cibernauta
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

puckhead

Custom User Title
Hoopla Cash
$ 33,861.66
Fav. Team #1

I was hoping his voting to impeach would have emboldened a few of his colleagues. Unbelievable the sheep those fuckers are. Now, unfortunately he's just on an island, and it's a meaning less gesture. Did he not do any recruiting beforehand? There has got to be other R senators who are having trouble sleeping at night.

One of my closest friends growing up now lives in Charleston. He's a hard core trumper and won't hear anything different. Even though he has a special needs child and complains bitterly about health care in his state being so bad that his son needs to live in care in a state with better heathcare programs. Trying to explain to him how one may be connected to another is like talking to 43's in laws.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
^^What is the most interesting about that Healthcare poll looks at the demographic that is most satisfied.
The ones that are on medicare and retired, basically the plan Bernie is trying to push.

Also they mislead the results by combining the Excellent/Good into one but when you look at the PDF it shows a different picture.

Comeds

Unreliable Narrator.
Hoopla Cash
$ 754.60
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is from end of 2018 but, according to polling, somewhere around 70% or so of America’s 330 million people are at the very least not outraging against the healthcare system the way Bernie & co. would have you believe.

Most Americans Still Rate Their Healthcare Quite Positively

I personally know no one that is happy or satisfied with their health care. I live in a good but costly area so maybe that is it, but I know about 8 or 9 people in real life and none of them are satisfied.

thedddd

Hoopla Cash
$ 201.37
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was hoping his voting to impeach would have emboldened a few of his colleagues. Unbelievable the sheep those fuckers are. Now, unfortunately he's just on an island, and it's a meaning less gesture. Did he not do any recruiting beforehand? There has got to be other R senators who are having trouble sleeping at night.

One of my closest friends growing up now lives in Charleston. He's a hard core trumper and won't hear anything different. Even though he has a special needs child and complains bitterly about health care in his state being so bad that his son needs to live in care in a state with better heathcare programs. Trying to explain to him how one may be connected to another is like talking to 43's in laws.

As I stated above and Mark Twain put it so eloquently
e84f2e5d79ab9267801242e4c9596a2d.jpg
:

Status
Not open for further replies.