• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp Thread

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
i gave u an answer 3 times. say it one more time he was a waste on the 49ers. pointless move.

No, you haven't come close to answering the question. What did he waste? A better player? Cap space? He can't just be a waste because you say so. Something must have actually been wasted because he made the team. What was it? If it's this obvious, it shouldn't be so hard for you to come up with an answer.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ok starting to worry big time now about oline. 1st day with pads and QBs were on the run all day. not good at all. to end on a positive the D was nasty again. pass rush is looking awesome and the CBs played great kap had a bad Int for a pick 6 but word is that he had about 1 sec to throw threw off his back foot. i still put a little blame on kap because he threw off his back leg. should of took the sack. so from 0 concern i will bump it up to a 1 out of 10, 10 being really worried. Oline im at a 7.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No, you haven't come close to answering the question. What did he waste? A better player? Cap space? He can't just be a waste because you say so. Something must have actually been wasted because he made the team. What was it? If it's this obvious, it shouldn't be so hard for you to come up with an answer.
if u cant put it together thats on you. pointless move meaning he took a spot. waste of space on the team. this is the 4th time i had to post this. my last time. hope 4th time is a charm.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
if u cant put it together thats on you. pointless move meaning he took a spot. waste of space on the team. this is the 4th time i had to post this. my last time. hope 4th time is a charm.

Took a spot from whom? Which CB did we cut that we should have kept instead?

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Took a spot from whom? Which CB did we cut that we should have kept instead?
didnt we cut a CB who became a good player for KC. also we could signed some one else. there was plenty of other options 49ers could went. damn we could kept one of CBs that left. overall what a waste. damn this year might be the same. could kept one of the CBs that we lost. overall bad move. what a waste. damn. oh well time to move. thanks crim for making think more about this move and how bad it was. damn u. lol

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Screw it, I'll just do it for you. Darryl Morris is the player we cut who (arguably) we should have kept. He was young and fairly promising, and he was (slightly) cheaper than Cook. I was mildly irritated when he was cut. But with Acker and Reaser in the wings, I don't think Morris makes the 2015 roster regardless.

The guy who went to the Chiefs was Marcus Cooper, and that was in 2013.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Screw it, I'll just do it for you. Darryl Morris is the player we cut who (arguably) we should have kept. He was young and fairly promising, and he was (slightly) cheaper than Cook. I was mildly irritated when he was cut. But with Acker and Reaser in the wings, I don't think Morris makes the 2015 roster regardless.

The guy who went to the Chiefs was Marcus Cooper, and that was in 2013.
my bad about cooper. i thought there was another guy who played well for another team. either way happy u are starting to see the light just took some time. i was getting nervous about u. lol. 4th time was the charm yesssss

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
also u will be happy to know i moved up a notch on getting worried about kap. from a 0 to a 1. most are saying its the oline and all QBs are getting attacked by the D because of the oline. 0 scores from the O today. not good. maybe we can make a trade to get a good RT. I am at 7 with the oline. i will stay a 7 until i see the 1st game or if an injury happens.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cook as CB was no big deal. Not like we committed a lot of money for him. He was actually playing okay and he is a large physical corner, something we could have used on the roster. He got injured but anyone could have gotten injured and a lot of players got injured last year

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cook as CB was no big deal. Not like we committed a lot of money for him. He was actually playing okay and he is a large physical corner, something we could have used on the roster. He got injured but anyone could have gotten injured and a lot of players got injured last year
yes but in the end it was still a waste and it happens. oh well. front office usually does well at CB pick ups this time it was a failure.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
also u will be happy to know i moved up a notch on getting worried about kap. from a 0 to a 1. most are saying its the oline and all QBs are getting attacked by the D because of the oline. 0 scores from the O today. not good. maybe we can make a trade to get a good RT. I am at 7 with the oline. i will stay a 7 until i see the 1st game or if an injury happens.

Yeah, see, anyone who was at a 0 in terms of worry over Kap is a blatant homer. How could you not be worried at all based on what you've seen to date? He's got a lot of issues he needs to work out.

And yes, much of the struggles may be on the OL. I've got news for you: it's likely our OL is going to struggle in games. Kap has got to find a way to get it done despite that.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yes but in the end it was still a waste and it happens. oh well. front office usually does well at CB pick ups this time it was a failure.

Jesus Christ. It wasn't a failure. The guy was playing for the minimum, and he was getting into games and playing decently until he was injured. You can't predict injuries. Calling it a failure for that reason is ridiculous. And your insistence that we acknowledge how right you were is frankly childish. Your consternation over the signing last year was silly - again, he was a player we signed for the minimum who played a position of need and had upside. Dredging it up again under these circumstances is even sillier.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, see, anyone who was at a 0 in terms of worry over Kap is a blatant homer. How could you not be worried at all based on what you've seen to date? He's got a lot of issues he needs to work out.

And yes, much of the struggles may be on the OL. I've got news for you: it's likely our OL is going to struggle in games. Kap has got to find a way to get it done despite that.
why should i be worried he has a winning record in the playoffs and took us to the super bowl already. no reason to worry. now like i said im at a 1 right now. lets see where this goes.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Jesus Christ. It wasn't a failure. The guy was playing for the minimum, and he was getting into games and playing decently until he was injured. You can't predict injuries. Calling it a failure for that reason is ridiculous. And your insistence that we acknowledge how right you were is frankly childish. Your consternation over the signing last year was silly - again, he was a player we signed for the minimum who played a position of need and had upside. Dredging it up again under these circumstances is even sillier.
yes it was its a fact. its k man we can pretend it was a great pick up. :L

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
crim u need to trust me man. told u. 49ers cut cook. lol. what a waste. argument over. i was 99% right now im 100% right. im not right all the time can admit when im wrong but i was dead on, on this one.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
crim u need to trust me man. told u. 49ers cut cook. lol. what a waste. argument over. i was 99% right now im 100% right. im not right all the time can admit when im wrong but i was dead on, on this one.

Whether they cut him this year, on a completely new contract, is totally irrelevant to whether the signing was a "waste" last year. Last year the goal was to win the super bowl. Cook gave us a better chance of that than Morris. If I were calling the shots, I would have stuck with Morris, but it's hard to call a player making the minimum who contributed pre-injury a waste IMO.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Whether they cut him this year, on a completely new contract, is totally irrelevant to whether the signing was a "waste" last year. Last year the goal was to win the super bowl. Cook gave us a better chance of that than Morris. If I were calling the shots, I would have stuck with Morris, but it's hard to call a player making the minimum who contributed pre-injury a waste IMO.
:L

even when its in print and a fact u still try to say no its not. sometimes its better to admit when wrong because this looks a lot worse. I think u are a good poster on here and I agree with u a lot of the time and u give great insight but this is bad man. just move on from this.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
why should i be worried he has a winning record in the playoffs and took us to the super bowl already. no reason to worry. now like i said im at a 1 right now. lets see where this goes.

I don't know, maybe because he's a middle-of-the-pack starting QB who is wildly inconsistent, overly reliant on his physical talents, and hasn't come close to mastering the finer points of the position? He's inaccurate, he has a long, slow delivery, he has shoddy footwork, he has poor pocket presence, he doesn't see the field well, he lacks anticipation, he struggles with touch, he stares down his receivers, he makes dangerous throws into coverage, and lately he has played extremely poorly late in games. That's not an exhaustive list of his shortcomings, but it's a start. I can't see any legitimate fan of this team not being concerned - and frankly quite concerned - about him. And don't get me wrong, I don't dislike Colin. It was the right call to go to him over Alex, and he's had some real success since then. But he's got a LONG way to go to be the franchise QB I expect to see leading this team.

You just said yesterday we might cut him next year. If that's the case, how can you now say there's basically no reason to worry?