• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp Thread

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, SportsHoopla sucks. WTF?

49ers webzone .com/ news/83760-aug-3-practice-notes/

Take out all the spaces.

I got it and read it, thanks. The oline appears to be a mess. I hope they get it sorted out before the regular season begins

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The D has me pretty excited. I heard or saw someone saying the Niners could fall to a bottom-ten defense. I really hope that's how people view us. We're gonna surprise some folks. Now if only the OL can hold up....
I agree I think we will still be a top 10 D. I think our pass rush is going to be rally good. Run D might take a step back but nothing too crazy. Biggest weakness is at CB besides Brock. We have all camp to get that #2 and #3 CB down. Looking like J. Ward is a bust. They are saying Johnson is the slot CB starter right now. Ward might go to be the back up safety. Brooks, Harold, Smith and Bowman are pass rushing machines they say.

Our #1 weakness and the 1 thing that can bring us down is the Oline. I have a bad feeling about this. That Right side is going to kill us. I blame the front office because they didn't do anything to help it. Yes I know they didn't expect AD to retire and if they did know Im sure Iupati would of been signed but since AD retired they had chances to bring in some good players and choose not to. Pears is the worst starting Olinemen in the NFL. He needs to be a back up.

To end on a positive note our WR's are looking really good and T. Smith is looking like a beast. Others doing well are White, Ellington, Simpson and no surprise Boldin.

Today we find out some truth. 1st day of pads.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I got it and read it, thanks. The oline appears to be a mess. I hope they get it sorted out before the regular season begins
what sucks is now if Staley goes down we are Done. Atleast if he went down AD and Iupati could help lead it. This is the 1 area Im really concerned about.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not surprised. He was a projected starter last year. If he can stay healthy, he will probably end up being number #1 guy
No A. Smith will be the #1 guy but I understand what you are saying. Then you would have Lynch and Harold as your Depth. that is scary good.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I agree I think we will still be a top 10 D. I think our pass rush is going to be rally good. Run D might take a step back but nothing too crazy. Biggest weakness is at CB besides Brock. We have all camp to get that #2 and #3 CB down. Looking like J. Ward is a bust. They are saying Johnson is the slot CB starter right now. Ward might go to be the back up safety. Brooks, Harold, Smith and Bowman are pass rushing machines they say.

Our #1 weakness and the 1 thing that can bring us down is the Oline. I have a bad feeling about this. That Right side is going to kill us. I blame the front office because they didn't do anything to help it. Yes I know they didn't expect AD to retire and if they did know Im sure Iupati would of been signed but since AD retired they had chances to bring in some good players and choose not to. Pears is the worst starting Olinemen in the NFL. He needs to be a back up.

To end on a positive note our WR's are looking really good and T. Smith is looking like a beast. Others doing well are White, Ellington, Simpson and no surprise Boldin.

Today we find out some truth. 1st day of pads.

Ward hasn't been taking part in the full-team sessions, so it's kind of premature to call him a bust. And Brock has been playing in the slot. Johnson has been coming in as the third CB, but he's going outside while Brock shifts inside. Reports yesterday, at least, were that Wright was looking very good.

Right now, the biggest concerns are OL and QB. Kap is still looking pretty inconsistent. He's never been a great practice player, but I'd like to hear that his consistency has improved. Granted the sloppy OL play could be contributing.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ward hasn't been taking part in the full-team sessions, so it's kind of premature to call him a bust. And Brock has been playing in the slot. Johnson has been coming in as the third CB, but he's going outside while Brock shifts inside. Reports yesterday, at least, were that Wright was looking very good.

Right now, the biggest concerns are OL and QB. Kap is still looking pretty inconsistent. He's never been a great practice player, but I'd like to hear that his consistency has improved. Granted the sloppy OL play could be contributing.
yes but if you cant get on the field then why not. Im hearing different. Im hearing Kap looks a lot better and going through his reads. He is making some really nice touch throws that he didn't make last year. Yes I think we all heard the oline has sucked. I don't feel that QB position is a position of worry. To me its the Oline and CB's.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No A. Smith will be the #1 guy but I understand what you are saying. Then you would have Lynch and Harold as your Depth. that is scary good.

I was referring to cornerbacks and Tramaine Brock being the top CB

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
what sucks is now if Staley goes down we are Done. Atleast if he went down AD and Iupati could help lead it. This is the 1 area Im really concerned about.

I agree. Biggest concern especially with the reports we are getting from training camp. They have a long way to go. I got a short leash on Pears. I would rather start a rookie and let him try and grow into the position than have a crappy vet who can't get it done anyway.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree. Biggest concern especially with the reports we are getting from training camp. They have a long way to go. I got a short leash on Pears. I would rather start a rookie and let him try and grow into the position than have a crappy vet who can't get it done anyway.
100% agree with you. Im hoping someone gets cut that is ok and we can then cut pears. I am not a fan of him and this was one of the dumbest pick ups in awhile. I been right as of late on bad pick ups that we sign in the past or traded for. So im going to trust my feelings on this one.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
100% agree with you. Im hoping someone gets cut that is ok and we can then cut pears. I am not a fan of him and this was one of the dumbest pick ups in awhile. I been right as of late on bad pick ups that we sign in the past or traded for. So im going to trust my feelings on this one.
LOL, I have yet to find a 49er fan who liked the Pears signing. A head scratcher for everyone

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
yes but if you cant get on the field then why not. Im hearing different. Im hearing Kap looks a lot better and going through his reads. He is making some really nice touch throws that he didn't make last year. Yes I think we all heard the oline has sucked. I don't feel that QB position is a position of worry. To me its the Oline and CB's.

Yeah, but you're a Kap homer, so you see everything in a positive light. Word is he's made some positive changes, but that a lot of his shortcomings remain. Bethea said something about looking off the defense, but now that practices are open to beat writers and the public, it doesn't seem like people are seeing much of that. We'll see in a couple weeks.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
And to clarify, I'm not equating QB to OL. OL is a significant concern where we have fringe starters at C and RT, and a young, struggling player at RG. QB is a decent starter, but we need him to be more than that to do well this season.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
LOL, I have yet to find a 49er fan who liked the Pears signing. A head scratcher for everyone
yup i agree. I was also not a fan of Wright pick up because he led CBs in PI but understood it because 49ers front office has a decent track record with CBs. Was not a cook fan and I was right about that last year. I still don't get how he got a raise this year after not playing last year. I thought that was weird. Hated the Craig Dahl pick up.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yup i agree. I was also not a fan of Wright pick up because he led CBs in PI but understood it because 49ers front office has a decent track record with CBs. Was not a cook fan and I was right about that last year. I still don't get how he got a raise this year after not playing last year. I thought that was weird. Hated the Craig Dahl pick up.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Didn't like Wright signing either. So far he is having a good camp. Cook was injured last year. Iwould think it is make or break this year for him. Dahl should be gone. He is a liability in the secondary and we could get a rookie to take his place on ST

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, but you're a Kap homer, so you see everything in a positive light. Word is he's made some positive changes, but that a lot of his shortcomings remain. Bethea said something about looking off the defense, but now that practices are open to beat writers and the public, it doesn't seem like people are seeing much of that. We'll see in a couple weeks.
nope not true. Im hard on him when its needed. As of right now I think we should look at the positives. Most of the things I read or heard have been positive from most media/writers on Kap. Players have stated they have seen a nice improvement from Kap.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00

Right how? He made the team and played decently before he was injured. I agree that the raise was a bit of a head scratcher, but he was fine last year and practically free.

Crimsoncrew

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
nope not true. Im hard on him when its needed. As of right now I think we should look at the positives. Most of the things I read or heard have been positive from most media/writers on Kap. Players have stated they have seen a nice improvement from Kap.

I've never seen it. Not meaning this as a dig, just saying that you tend to view Kap in a very positive light the vast majority of the time.

Not really sure why we should just look at the positives. We're certainly not doing that with the OL.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right how? He made the team and played decently before he was injured. I agree that the raise was a bit of a head scratcher, but he was fine last year and practically free.
LOL I was right because he wasn't on the field and that he was a waste. He was playing so so. Overall I was right saying it was a waste to pick him up and I didn't like the move.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kap has been inconsistent with accuracy. Not sure how other QBs are in camp at this stage. Warner said he sees improvement but it is still a work in progress. Kap stated in interview he isn't thinking about mechanics right now