• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp Day 3 - pads on

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Reads to me like you're more interested in ignoring any good these guys did on the field and only focusing on negatives, particularly potential negatives that haven't even come to pass yet...

I'm not focusing on negatives. I'm not focusing on positives. I will focus on what I see when they play together as a unit.
I have defended Slay and Reiff. I, as you know pick at Stafford. Not from articles or how I perceive them to play. From watching their play. I will do the same with them as a unit come fall.
Now if you choose to crown them better, go ahead. I'm not yet.

I'm not as interested in who is better at this moment as you are. It's still early August.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not focusing on negatives. I'm not focusing on positives. I will focus on what I see when they play together as a unit.
I have defended Slay and Reiff. I, as you know pick at Stafford. Not from articles or how I perceive them to play. From watching their play. I will do the same with them as a unit come fall.
Now if you choose to crown them better, go ahead. I'm not yet.

I'm not as interested in who is better at this moment as you are. It's still early August.
I'm not sure I've read anyone really trashing Warford. He regressed last season, but still was one of the better starting guards in the league. Seems crazy to write him off that quickly.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Smith is a helluva talent, but I think his off-field baggage is too much to warrant signing him. Maybe we play the Caldwell "Father Figure" card, but I'd bet against us bringing him in.

I also imagine he'll get snatched off of waivers well before we get a chance at him anyhow...

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sure I've read anyone really trashing Warford. He regressed last season, but still was one of the better starting guards in the league. Seems crazy to write him off that quickly.

Did it read that way to you? That I'm trashing Warford? He was border line pro bowl caliber guard as a rookie. As earlier stated with injuries he regressed last season. Take it for what it's worth. Not worried. I feel the Lions can have a solid interior for years to come. It certainly looks that way.

IMO any of our opinions are just predictions at this point. So predict away.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be shocked if anyone claimed him.
Nah, if it turns out there wasn't alcohol involved this time he'll likely only face a short suspension. 49ers basically had to cut ties after all his BS, but some team (Jaguars?) will give him a shot. At the very least the Cowboys will claim him off waivers if nobody else does.

He's an idiot, but his offenses have been limited to self-harm, so he's not the image/PR nightmare that a guy like Hardy is, imo. A young guy with his talent level will get a 2nd chance in this league every time.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm thinking the Dolphins GM didn't do himself any favors, as Suh has a cap hit of almost 29 million next year. 22 million in 2018 and 24 million in 2019.

I think if we have learned anything over the 5 years with Suh -- it doesn't matter how good one player is. If you aren't surrounded by talent -- your defense is going to be mediocre.

I wish the Dolphins the best of luck, but when you pay DT that type of money -- you have to cut corners elsewhere and you have to hope you hit on your draft picks or affordable FA signings (as the Lions did with Slay, Ihedbigo, Quinn, Ansah, etc.) You can't spend top 5 picks on Dion Jordan and watch him do nothing.

I think this year -- Miami will be good. They have a very favorable schedule and Suh only counts for 6 million on the salary cap. That goes up 23 million next year, so it will put them in a tough situation, unless Miami wants to kick the can down the road and restructure Suh. :)

Ya, A lot of Lions fans have their fingers crossed that Suh and Miami will fail same as the Lions did.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, total head case because he doesn't care to talk to the media... totally a logical conclusion to jump to with zero evidence whatsoever to go on.

I made no conclusion. Get ahold of yourself.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So you're admitting that I was right, then. Interesting.

You're right, I can't make a case that convinces you Dolphins > Lions. No one could. But you'll be proven wrong once the season ends. And you can bet I'll remind you everyday about it.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You're right, I can't make a case that convinces you Dolphins > Lions. No one could. But you'll be proven wrong once the season ends. And you can bet I'll remind you everyday about it.

Will that be its own thread? I will bet ya $1.00 you can't remind 365 days straight.

It's a bet, how can you resist Rob?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I made no conclusion. Get ahold of yourself.
Based on the original post in question, and then your subsequent response above, I do not believe you know what the word conclusion means.

Get a hold of yourself. And study up while you're at it. Maybe you could go to the same community college where I learned to properly size pics?

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's interesting, because with all the negative "Lions suck at everything" crap you throw around all the time, you're routinely wrong about a whole lot of things.

I guess its time I start to "remind you every day about it."

HEY EVERYBODY!!! Swarm said we'd be 5-11 last year! What A Dumbass! :clap::clap::clap:

Lions Win Loss Prediction Thread. | Page 11 | SportsHoopla Sports Forums

He wants to remind me every day after the season if the Dolphins finish better than the Lions, so I think two should play at that game. You were only off by 6 wins last season man... you seem like a very level-headed, credible source on this whole Dolphins vs. Lions thing.

One would think that if somebody lived in a giant glass house, said person would avoid throwing stones, no?

Last edited:

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Will that be its own thread? I will bet ya $1.00 you can't remind 365 days straight.

It's a bet, how can you resist Rob?
Challenging another man to a bet?!?!

Clearly Gandy is now the alpha male on this board. What a power grab that was!

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ya, A lot of Lions fans have their fingers crossed that Suh and Miami will fail same as the Lions did.

I have no ill will at all for Suh. I said as soon as Suh signed his deal, he should be kissing his agent, because no DT is worth what he signed for. It doesn't mean Suh isn't one of the best DT in the NFL -- he is. It doesn't mean the Lions won't miss him -- they will.

If one player made a defense great -- Houston Texans would be the #1 defense by a landslide, instead of middle of the road. When you have a 29 million dollar cap hit for one of your DT next season -- you are going to have to cut corners elsewhere. There is no way around it. You will have to do what the Lions had to do for many years -- re-structure deals, sign lesser players and hope you hit on your draft picks.

That is just the nature of the business.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now reporters are saying Ebron looks ready to take the next step. I don't know what to believe anymore. Cant wait for the preseason games to start so I can tune the media out.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Now reporters are saying Ebron looks ready to take the next step. I don't know what to believe anymore. Cant wait for the preseason games to start so I can tune the media out.

Why I will wait to see them play on the field. I'm not going to but into some reporters hype or hatred for the team.