• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Training Camp Day 3 - pads on

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Shallow prediction.
Yet completely accurate. Lions are better almost across the board. QB- check. WR- check. TE- check. OL- check. DE- push. LB- check. CB- check. Safety- check. Kicker- check. Punter- check.

They got us at RB and definitely DT.

You call my post shallow, but try to make a case that it's wrong. You can't, because the Dolphins have a very average roster- they're not bad, but not good. We, on the other hand, have a pretty talented roster...

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yet completely accurate. Lions are better almost across the board. QB- check. WR- check. TE- check. OL- check. DE- push. LB- check. CB- check. Safety- check. Kicker- check. Punter- check.

They got us at RB and definitely DT.

You call my post shallow, but try to make a case that it's wrong. You can't, because the Dolphins have a very average roster- they're not bad, but not good. We, on the other hand, have a pretty talented roster...

I would take Jordan Cameron over Ebron. Ebron has a much higher ceiling, but he is not the player that Cameron is yet.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It doesn't look like the catastrophic mess some like to make it out to be either.

It is not a terrible cap situation, it will be easily fixed. Still to fix it the Dolphins will have to either reestructure, which we all know will kill you in the long run, or cut some people. I will be curious to see if they just take the initial hit next year and set them selves up going forward, or if the kick the can down the road.

If they restructure Suh and Albert the Dolphins might be headed for trouble in the future. Lions had this very cross road not that long ago and did it wrong.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would take Jordan Cameron over Ebron. Ebron has a much higher ceiling, but he is not the player that Cameron is yet.
I wouldn't touch Cameron with all his concussion history. He's the best single TE out of both teams, but our #2 and #3 TEs are much better than Miami's are...

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would prolly take Vernon and Wake over Ziggy and Jones or whoever emerges as the starter. Right now the Lions IMO have rotational guys oppo of Ziggy. Which is why it is not a push for me.

I would consider the OL's a push though. Both have talent and also unproven starters. I do feel the Lions will become the better of the two. Reiff IMO is the only solid starter. Warford regressed with injuries. Swanson and LT have one pro start and Lucas is the second best RT they have. I can't crown them better until they prove it.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ebron also dropped a couple of passes. Cant believe it was not reported. It seems he was doing well until yesterday. I have a theory that he cant catch when wearing pads. All we have to do is let him play without them.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would prolly take Vernon and Wake over Ziggy and Jones or whoever emerges as the starter. Right now the Lions IMO have rotational guys oppo of Ziggy. Which is why it is not a push for me.

I would consider the OL's a push though. Both have talent and also unproven starters. I do feel the Lions will become the better of the two. Reiff IMO is the only solid starter. Warford regressed with injuries. Swanson and LT have one pro start and Lucas is the second best RT they have. I can't crown them better until they prove it.
Swanson started 5 games last year. I keep hearing how unproven he is, but he looked pretty good in those starts for a rookie...

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
try to make a case that it's wrong. You can't, because the Dolphins have a very average roster- they're not bad, but not good. We, on the other hand, have a pretty talented roster...

My case is the bet.

RobBase

★★★★★
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ebron also dropped a couple of passes. Cant believe it was not reported. It seems he was doing well until yesterday. I have a theory that he cant catch when wearing pads. All we have to do is let him play without them.

He's also now refusing to talk to the media, as was reported earlier today. Dude could be the next Titus, total head case.

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He's also now refusing to talk to the media, as was reported earlier today. Dude could be the next Titus, total head case.
Yep, total head case because he doesn't care to talk to the media... totally a logical conclusion to jump to with zero evidence whatsoever to go on.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Any word out of Allen Park on Ebron hitting the skins with Nas' daughter?

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Swanson started 5 games last year. I keep hearing how unproven he is, but he looked pretty good in those starts for a rookie...
You are correct on his starts.
I was speaking of his one start at center which he will be. Yes, he picked up valuable reps as a G. He has one start making the line calls. TP I was one of Swanson's biggest supporters after the draft. Five starts which he looked good in does not mean a lot to me at this point. Waddle had great starts at RT. it means nothing as of now. Warford was solid as a rookie and IMO regressed last season. I'm not making a decision from what they may look like on paper. I want to see proof on the field is all.

lionstop1

Top Notch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was going to comment but fuck it!

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are correct on his starts.
I was speaking of his one start at center which he will be. Yes, he picked up valuable reps as a G. He has one start making the line calls. TP I was one of Swanson's biggest supporters after the draft. Five starts which he looked good in does not mean a lot to me at this point. Waddle had great starts at RT. it means nothing as of now. Warford was solid as a rookie and IMO regressed last season. I'm not making a decision from what they may look like on paper. I want to see proof on the field is all.
Reads to me like you're more interested in ignoring any good these guys did on the field and only focusing on negatives, particularly potential negatives that haven't even come to pass yet...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yawn. Pouncey, re-signed. Tannehill, re-signed. Wallace contract traded to Vikes. Dolphins will be fine. Just because Mayhew ruined the Lions cap, doesn't mean every GM is as dumb as him.

I'm thinking the Dolphins GM didn't do himself any favors, as Suh has a cap hit of almost 29 million next year. 22 million in 2018 and 24 million in 2019.

I think if we have learned anything over the 5 years with Suh -- it doesn't matter how good one player is. If you aren't surrounded by talent -- your defense is going to be mediocre.

I wish the Dolphins the best of luck, but when you pay DT that type of money -- you have to cut corners elsewhere and you have to hope you hit on your draft picks or affordable FA signings (as the Lions did with Slay, Ihedbigo, Quinn, Ansah, etc.) You can't spend top 5 picks on Dion Jordan and watch him do nothing.

I think this year -- Miami will be good. They have a very favorable schedule and Suh only counts for 6 million on the salary cap. That goes up 23 million next year, so it will put them in a tough situation, unless Miami wants to kick the can down the road and restructure Suh. :)