• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

trade picture clearing

sjrules99

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
I know doug said that nothing was brewing, but then again, he has been a pretty active guy at the deadline in his history and he is not afraid to go after top guys. So that said, it seems the PO picture is getting clearer in both conferences.

What about seto and mitchell for hejduk and a 4th or 5th rounder? The avs are out of it now without question. hejduk is a UFA too old to be resigned for a rebuilding franchise. However, he is a nearly point-per-game sniper without question who would really help with the sharks inability to score all year. Seto, at this point, seems like he might need a change. I hate to trade him for a rental but I also am not so sure that he is worth the 2+ million that he will command next year (based on his current 1.8M salary). He has skills and has shown some flashes, but its way too inconsistent for a team like the sharks that has a year or two before the sun sets and the big money guys get too old and decline (which seems to have already started). Mitchell would be a bit of a salary dump in the deal to give the sharks the cap space needed to acquire hejduk.

For the avs, they get a young speedster in mitchell who would be a hopeful project for them (and doesnt really hurt to have in the PK role where they rank 27th), but obviously their big gain would be seto, whose speed and youth fits perfectly with colorado's young guns, and can likely be resigned for pretty small money relative to his potential.

obviously, if the deal doesnt work and hejduk doesnt help, at the very least the sharks clear up mitchell's 1.4M off next year's books, so it's not a total loss and with couture's emergence, the sharks top 6 remains intact going into next year. It's a no lose situation?

p.s.: I know we all want D, but so does everyone and their mother. Vancouver is gunna be desperate as will a dozen other teams so unless dougie is willing to part with much more than seto, he wont land a top pairing Dman. Many teams also want centers but the market for rental wingers may not be as deep, so dougie has a chance to snatch a premier scorer.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm sure Doug has something planned, but I hope its blue line help. Not sure the sharks need more forwards, but Hejduk is a nice sniper to have on the PP. If Setoguchi is trade bait like everybody says he is, then I rather trade him for a dman.

Mitchell, I feel bad for the kid, but he will either be a salary dumb, or part of a package in a trade.

My only question is what's happening with Nittymakki? If he needs to be put on LTR, then do it, the Sharks could use the cap space.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If it were mitchell straight up for Hejduk, I'd say go for it. His best days are far behind him . No way I'd give up Seto for that especially within the division, if it were for Liles then different story

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
If it were mitchell straight up for Hejduk, I'd say go for it. His best days are far behind him . No way I'd give up Seto for that especially within the division, if it were for Liles then different story

Agreed. If you're talking Colorado then you should be talking Liles. Dealing Seto for a rental, weather it be forward or dman, would be another huge gaff on Wilson's part.

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Was just thinking about this, but Doug has never traded for a Euro player. Every trade is always for a North American player, so I don't think Kaberle is in the plans.

Will Doug change his thoughts on Euro players? Or will he continue his old ways?

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Ian White was held out of the Carolina's practice this morning. I thought Wilson might go after him this last offseason. He'd be a good addition if he comes fairly cheep.

prnlijo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I'm thinking he better be thinking about it. At the very least because of our power play stats of late. What is it like 0 for 12-15 or something like that...

MrChangoT97

Dr. Pepper is the bomb
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On hockeybuzz.com it says the Hurricanes will be looking for a dman in return for Ian White. He seems like a solid addition to this Sharks team. Let's see what happens.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Demers and Mitchell for White i hope, as much as we hate husky pants and walin, i think they will be needed come po timee

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What? I hope Demers doesn't get traded... way too early to give up on him (unlike Mitchell, McGinn, etc... neither of which are defensemen, I know)

Cmon_WTF

Is that...cabbage?
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I know doug said that nothing was brewing, but then again, he has been a pretty active guy at the deadline in his history and he is not afraid to go after top guys. So that said, it seems the PO picture is getting clearer in both conferences.

What about seto and mitchell for hejduk and a 4th or 5th rounder? The avs are out of it now without question. hejduk is a UFA too old to be resigned for a rebuilding franchise. However, he is a nearly point-per-game sniper without question who would really help with the sharks inability to score all year. Seto, at this point, seems like he might need a change. I hate to trade him for a rental but I also am not so sure that he is worth the 2+ million that he will command next year (based on his current 1.8M salary). He has skills and has shown some flashes, but its way too inconsistent for a team like the sharks that has a year or two before the sun sets and the big money guys get too old and decline (which seems to have already started). Mitchell would be a bit of a salary dump in the deal to give the sharks the cap space needed to acquire hejduk.

For the avs, they get a young speedster in mitchell who would be a hopeful project for them (and doesnt really hurt to have in the PK role where they rank 27th), but obviously their big gain would be seto, whose speed and youth fits perfectly with colorado's young guns, and can likely be resigned for pretty small money relative to his potential.

obviously, if the deal doesnt work and hejduk doesnt help, at the very least the sharks clear up mitchell's 1.4M off next year's books, so it's not a total loss and with couture's emergence, the sharks top 6 remains intact going into next year. It's a no lose situation?

p.s.: I know we all want D, but so does everyone and their mother. Vancouver is gunna be desperate as will a dozen other teams so unless dougie is willing to part with much more than seto, he wont land a top pairing Dman. Many teams also want centers but the market for rental wingers may not be as deep, so dougie has a chance to snatch a premier scorer.

With the trades today the prospect of aquiring Hejduk becomes a little more plausable. After todays moves the Sharks have about $10k in cap space not including a minimal amount of LTIR relief so any deal would have to be no worse than dollar for dollar. Mitchell is rumored to be headed to TB for a couple prospects so that covers $1.3m of Hejduk's $3.0m cap hit. Huskins and a prospect or a pick maybe but Hejduk also has a NMC he'd have to wave.

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Wow pens gets kovalev, that tells me crosby is probably fine fit the season. big cap hit and out reeks of desperation

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Yeah sausage fingers + touch screen+ predictive text= bad spelling

Ray_Dogg

Troll Hunter
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Apparently we got an offer on the table for Campoli.
Travis Yost (TravisHeHateMe) on Twitter

# Knowing SJ cap situation, what kind of return would it take for you to move Chris Campoli? about 19 hours ago via Twitter for Android

# For the record, I can't wait for March 1. Back to blogging, no more rumors - well, sort of, and best of all, my birthday. about 20 hours ago via Twitter for Android

# Senators think Campoli can be one of few PMD on blue line for future, but emergence of Rundblad and Karlsson back seats CC for now. about 20 hours ago via Twitter for Android

# Reason why Sharks like Campoli: RFA. They want future cap space while bolstering for playoff run. Could roll dice on CC w/o ton of risk. about 20 hours ago via Twitter for Android

# Sharks have also inquired about Sergei Gonchar, believe it or not, but don't believe deal with Ottawa and subsequent salary possible. about 20 hours ago via Twitter for Android

# From man that leaked Kovalev to PIT last night to me: Most promising offer on table for any Senator is from San Jose in regards to Campoli. about 20 hours ago via Twitter for Android

rares

Winning. Duh!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Never heard of him. He any good?

Cbrower91

Donkey Bonker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
He is another Ian White with more offensive upside but worse in his own end, i dont really see the point of this trade at all