• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Idea: Mayo for Prince

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Memphis gets - O.J. Mayo, Gary Neal

Milwaukee gets - Tayshaun Prince, Jerryd Bayless, and the Grizzlies' first round pick next summer

Analysis: It was a lifelong dream for Caron Butler to play for his hometown Bucks, but he may need to wake up soon. He hasn't been effective this season as shown by his team's record, and two particularly big games this year that have made his overall numbers look respectable. It's becoming quite clear he won't be long for the Bucks. It's still quite possible he gets bought out after the trade deadline, but nonetheless it's difficult to imagine see him re-signing next season with the team going young.

O.J. Mayo is proving this year that he's not a starting-caliber player, killing my fantasy team in the process. He is, however, a decent scorer, and Memphis has starved for bench production pretty much since he left them. For Milwaukee, this is purely a salary dump. It would create more minutes for up-and-coming Khris Middleton, and Prince would provide them an expiring contract heading into the upcoming offseason and a veteran leader for their youth movement.

Moving Prince would also allow the Grizz to start Q-Pon at SF when he returns from his broken foot next season. In the meantime, Bayless, a candidate for League's Worst Player, would almost certainly be bought out if such a deal were made.

wiskyisgood12

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Tayshaun Prince and Jerryd Bayless would be irrelevant to the Bucks, the draft pick is of vital importance to helping this franchise rebuild(which I hope John Hammond now fully commits to).

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bayless was much better last year. Not sure the Grizz should swap him out and lose a draft pick, though

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
where did u dream this trade from

I've pretty much had my NBA salary info memorized since 2007.

Bayless was much better last year. Not sure the Grizz should swap him out and lose a draft pick, though

Bayless sucks. He doesn't shoot well from the field, is a mediocre defender, and has little PG ability. You honestly wouldn't tell me you'd take Mayo back along with Neal to help your perimeter situation? As for the draft pick, the Grizz aren't exactly known for developing young talent. They gave away Tony Wroten for nothing...