• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade help-thinking of making a run at henry

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The initial offer you had was far too low to be considered realistically (don't blame you for trying, always start low). At least he has some smarts. This deal is more fair. But I'm with you a bit on the Amon love. I think I'd counter with Hill over Amon with the thought that Tua's lingering situation could sink Hill's value a bit.
Disagree. Not with our settings . Ran it throught three calculators and they all basically say dead even. And not one person i ran it by said it was lopside. That offer is far too much as hill himself is pacing or outpacing henry

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar, Hill, Carter and Kittle

for

Burrow, Moore, Henry and Hockenson

Kittle isn't worth shit. I own him in two leagues and Henry in three. I refused an offer of Mahomes and Harris for Henry and Brady.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lamar, Hill, Carter and Kittle

for

Burrow, Moore, Henry and Hockenson

Kittle isn't worth shit. I own him in two leagues and Henry in three. I refused an offer of Mahomes and Harris for Henry and Brady.
Why would i trade for burrow when i have lamar?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Devils advocate type stuff...

'Cuase Lamar is possibly the most likely QB to tear up his knee, break his ankle, or tear a hammy on any given play than any other QB in the game at the moment?
True. Hes also a locked in set it n forget it guy.

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
True. Hes also a locked in set it n forget it guy.
You ain't lyin'!!

For me, if I were a Lamar owner, I would be treating him like most RB's, I'd cuff him. Except it wouldn't be his backup, it'd be a Cousins type guy.

Now, that's entirely dependant on how any given league operates. If there's a couple Cousins type guys readily available on the wire, well than, why bother?

BigKen

Day to Day
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.68
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sorry, my bad. I'd get rid of Lamar for Burrow in that trade.

I'm in 5 leagues. Been doin' this since before electronic stats.

Had a league from 1985 until 2010 when the owners started dying.

I used to do all of the stats manually on Monday morning using USA Today and again on Wednesday because the MNF stats could never make it to the press. We all chipped in $100 and the Winner got $750. second place $200 and third got $50. Thems was the good ol'days.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Disagree. Not with our settings . Ran it throught three calculators and they all basically say dead even. And not one person i ran it by said it was lopside. That offer is far too much as hill himself is pacing or outpacing henry

Calculator or not. It wasn’t even. Amon for Curtis, now it’s even.
You’re trying to turn Hall into Henry, and you’re also adding a TE swap that is even at best but probably an upgrade for you.

Curtis Samuel isn’t worth two upgrades, one of which is a top three pick and the best runner in the league.

wildturkey

Hoopla Cash
$ 98,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Those calculators are garbage. I wouldn't trust any of them on any site. Your initial offer was low. The best player in the deal by far was Henry who you would be getting. Kittle is not an elite TE anymore and is just a boom/bust TE like everyone else, you're selling name value alone. Samuel is a WR3 that's trending in the wrong direction. The only piece of good value he would have got is Hall, who is a RB2 with some upside. That's not enough for Henry and Njoku (who is at least more consistent than plenty of TEs so far this year). I would turn down that initial offer 10 out of 10 times. It's fine to start out that low because you never know when someone will say yes. But don't act like you weren't trying to fleece him. His counter was more balanced but still a good deal for you

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would recommend that you take his counter.

HaroldSeattle

Administrator
Staff member
Admin
Hoopla Cash
$ 45.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im always open to alternate views. I actually agree in njoku. Im just quite high on amron. I feel like if he n goff are healthy, hes a wr1
It's a tough call on the trade IMO. I will disagree with those who claim Njoku is a up grade to Kittle, because that's just a silly knee jerk reaction to Njoku short term bump. Kittle has averaged 15 points per game last 4 years, Njoku has never averaged a single double digit season EVER and usually ranges on average 5 per game. Both have injury issues. I say this even though I own stock in Nkoku and have none in Kittle.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You ain't lyin'!!

For me, if I were a Lamar owner, I would be treating him like most RB's, I'd cuff him. Except it wouldn't be his backup, it'd be a Cousins type guy.

Now, that's entirely dependant on how any given league operates. If there's a couple Cousins type guys readily available on the wire, well than, why bother?
I never thoughg of cuffing him. But his backup was pretty damn good last year wasnt he?

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It's a tough call on the trade IMO. I will disagree with those who claim Njoku is a up grade to Kittle, because that's just a silly knee jerk reaction to Njoku short term bump. Kittle has averaged 15 points per game last 4 years, Njoku has never averaged a single double digit season EVER and usually ranges on average 5 per game. Both have injury issues. I say this even though I own stock in Nkoku and have none in Kittle.
So, what would YOU, do?

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I never thoughg of cuffing him. But his backup was pretty damn good last year wasnt he?
Well 'cuff',, as in have a viable backup in case of disaster. Like I said, not his backup, but a middle of the road option to turn to. Huntley did pretty well for a couple games, but he figured out fairly quickly, his last two spot starts were pretty blah to bad.

But again, if there are middle of the roads on the wire in your league, I wouldn't bother.

SteelersPride

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.44
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd turn it down because you got a fine RB corp as is and like you I like Amron and feel your going to need him.
I think I agree. I really am huge on Amron. Metchie getting healthy is not gonna decimate his workload.

TREFF

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, I would turn that counter down, even though I do believe it's a decent enough trade. It just doesn't really move the needle enough for you, IMHO. Mainly due to you not really needing to make the move to begin with. If you could add Henry/Njoku and somehow sneak by at a bargain, great, but not with that kind of cost.

Side note..F those calculators...lol
I've put in trades that got accepted, most everyone who commented said, hey good deal both sides, like it..whatever, but the trade calculator says, "team A needs to add a player equivalent to prime Marshall Faulk to balance the trade"...GTFO...lol