• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

trade Gabbert instead of Kap

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Anyone up for trading Gabbert instead?

Gabbert's value is at a high right now, plus he has a friendly 1 year left at $2M so any team trading for him would not balk at the salary, plus Gabbert is healthy.

Kap's value is at an all time low. He got demoted/injured, had surgery on his arm, plus any team trading for him would want to renegotiate his salary and Kap could say "screw off" and nix the deal in which case we would have to just cut him April 1st.

If you could get a 4th for Gabbert or a 7th for Kap, why not trade Gabbert?

I would be ok going back to Kap, and getting him a good QB coach. I've been reading that the main difference between Kap and Gabbert is Gabbert is willing to check down while Kap is always looking for more, maybe looking for too much.

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Because at this point, Gabbert is a better player. At this point, Gabbert is a great stop gap...a guy who can bridge the gap to the next one. I'll take a 7th for Kaepernick since I doubt we'll get anything period for the guy.

Forget about hanging on to memories...cut the cord and be done with. Get the next QB of the future, let him sit behind Gabbert in '16 and then set him free.

Number7

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is Gabbert's trade value even higher? I don't really think so.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a good idea. Why get another mid round pick to be squandered. The team has enough picks. The team is prepared to move on from Kap. Gabbert's low cost contract opens up cap space and the newly drafted QB will be on a rookie contract.

Robotech

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not a good idea. Why get another mid round pick to be squandered. The team has enough picks. The team is prepared to move on from Kap. Gabbert's low cost contract opens up cap space and the newly drafted QB will be on a rookie contract.

You gotta think that Gabbert will hold out. Even a mediocre starting QB is way underpaid at $2.25 M. His contract was based on being the second string QB.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernick has no say over a trade (I don't think his team-friendly contract was offset by a no trade clause.). We could trade him anywhere we wanted to that had enough interest and all he could do is holdout for the new team or not pass a physical.

As for not trading Gabbert for a good pick because we'd squander it, if we did trade Gabbert, we could package what we get from him for higher draft pick for a quarterback.

As for him holding out, I hope he would do it after we draft a QB. That would give the leverage back to us.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gabbert doesn't have much trade value right now. The best we would get for him is like a 6th or 7th rd pick. I rather just keep him.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kaepernick has no say over a trade (I don't think his team-friendly contract was offset by a no trade clause.). We could trade him anywhere we wanted to that had enough interest and all he could do is holdout for the new team or not pass a physical.

As for not trading Gabbert for a good pick because we'd squander it, if we did trade Gabbert, we could package what we get from him for higher draft pick for a quarterback.

As for him holding out, I hope he would do it after we draft a QB. That would give the leverage back to us.
I think Kap goes to Philly or Jets. Browns outside chance. We get like a 4th rd pick back.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Kap goes to Philly or Jets. Browns outside chance. We get like a 4th rd pick back.
If we can trade him, I would like to Kelly to still be there because that would probably lead to bigger draft pick compensation. But if we can't trade him and we cut him, I don't want him to go there because it still in our conference, not that we could stop him.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gabbert's value is at a high right now, plus he has a friendly 1 year left at $2M so any team trading for him would not balk at the salary, plus Gabbert is healthy.

Kap's value is at an all time low. He got demoted/injured, had surgery on his arm, plus any team trading for him would want to renegotiate his salary and Kap could say "screw off" and nix the deal in which case we would have to just cut him April 1st.

I would be ok going back to Kap, and getting him a good QB coach. I've been reading that the main difference between Kap and Gabbert is Gabbert is willing to check down while Kap is always looking for more, maybe looking for too much.
LOL! he's the only serviceable QB we have.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade both as a package deal to KC. I'm sure Kaepernick, Smith, and Gabbert would love that. Honestly, depending on what compensation you could get, trading both would not be a problem if they were going to draft one of the better quarterback's and/or get a veteran quarterback that could lead us.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hell no!! Time to move on from Kap. Let's not live in the past.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I think teams will just wait for the Niners to release Kap. Why give a draft pick if you can sign him through free agency.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trade both as a package deal to KC. I'm sure Kaepernick, Smith, and Gabbert would love that. Honestly, depending on what compensation you could get, trading both would not be a problem if they were going to draft one of the better quarterback's and/or get a veteran quarterback that could lead us.
and bring back Smith in the trade? 305 passes without an int. and on pace to be second of all time today.Just saying. Anyway, keep Gabbert until a viable vet is available. No standout QBs in the draft so we groom a diamond in the rough for the future and possibly finally get a franchise QB after decades of failure.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think teams will just wait for the Niners to release Kap. Why give a draft pick if you can sign him through free agency.

That is why we need more than one team VERY interested in Kaep. No one is going to give up a high pick no matter, but maybe we can get a mid rounder?

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

th?id=OIP.M4e559ff044a01f7f0be89cb5bc3f5eb6o0&pid=15.1&P=0&w=289&h=164.jpg

maniax

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Is everyone still so high on Gabbert after today?

Today he got the Kap version of the O-line.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why the hell would we want to go back to Kaepernick?