• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

trade Gabbert instead of Kap

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I think there are QBs for the 49ers to draft and I think they will. The question becomes which one and at what round. Is Goff worth a top 5 pick? I don't know. I think the 49ers should draft a QB and just let him sit. I heard an NFL analyst on KNBR and he believes some of these QBs can be good NFL QBs over time but none are NFL ready yet. I am ok with Gabbert being a bridge QB. As far as short completions, that is fine except for the 3rd down completions. Those short 3rd down checkdown completions are killing drives. Gotta get better at reaching the sticks. I heard Cosell's analysis on Boldin. Wow. He basically said Boldin is just too slow to be a primary receiver. Cosell does not like our receivers.

yeah, if there is a QB worth our pick, go ahead and draft him. also ok if he sits till he's ready.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
It would have been nice to see Smelter on the field. Patton is just inconsistent. I don't know what the secret of the Steelers regarding drafting WR, but Niners need to find out quickly. Wallace bolts for FA, Sanders takes his place. Sanders opts for FA, Brown steps in. They also have Bryant and Wheaton. It doesn't hurt that they have a QB who is accurate and can actually deliver the ball to his receivers.

For the 49ers, rather they focus on QB and then O-line. Yeah, would be nice to have better WR's, but not before QB and O-line.

So our higher picks and cap space shouldn't go to a WR unless his value is way too good to pass up.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For the 49ers, rather they focus on QB and then O-line. Yeah, would be nice to have better WR's, but not before QB and O-line.

So our higher picks and cap space shouldn't go to a WR unless his value is way too good to pass up.

I agree with you that Niners need to address QB and Oline first. It's like having bullets, but no gun. Need a QB that they can groom and hopefully be ready by 2017 or maybe even play the last 4 games of 2016. Need to address RT. Anthony Davis is planning on coming back, but will he be in shape. Boone will be a FA and if he doesn't come back, Niners will need to address this need also. Maybe draft an OL in the 2nd round and sign another through FA.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree with you that Niners need to address QB and Oline first. It's like having bullets, but no gun. Need a QB that they can groom and hopefully be ready by 2017 or maybe even play the last 4 games of 2016. Need to address RT. Anthony Davis is planning on coming back, but will he be in shape. Boone will be a FA and if he doesn't come back, Niners will need to address this need also. Maybe draft an OL in the 2nd round and sign another through FA.

Sad when you look at several olineman we drafted that have not panned out so far. The last reports I've read said Davis has been working out during the season and is in good shape. Hope that is the case. On top of Boone possibly leaving, it looks like we might have watched the best of Staley. he has also struggled at times this season so we need some fresh olineman. Hopefully Brown can turn into something. Cap room is not an issue, so I hope they at least try and make an effort to retain Boone.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

yep, this is reasonable to me.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Sad when you look at several olineman we drafted that have not panned out so far. The last reports I've read said Davis has been working out during the season and is in good shape. Hope that is the case. On top of Boone possibly leaving, it looks like we might have watched the best of Staley. he has also struggled at times this season so we need some fresh olineman. Hopefully Brown can turn into something. Cap room is not an issue, so I hope they at least try and make an effort to retain Boone.

no doubt and you can expand it to any position or draft pick. while i don't expect all draft picks to hit, nor expect each to be Pro-Bowlers, there is a certain level they need to meet. Else, your team becomes the 2015 49ers.

But this is also why i lean way over to 'BPA' when drafting, cause you need to keep the talent level high, beyond the very next season.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no doubt and you can expand it to any position or draft pick. while i don't expect all draft picks to hit, nor expect each to be Pro-Bowlers, there is a certain level they need to meet. Else, your team becomes the 2015 49ers.

But this is also why i lean way over to 'BPA' when drafting, cause you need to keep the talent level high, beyond the very next season.

I see going BPA to a point, especially if you are going nuclear and just decided to blow everything up. The problem is if the BPA is a safety or a tight end in the first or second round, do you draft that person when we already have young players in those positions who are starters. If you have a Dion Sanders or Rob Gronskowski, then it might not matter because both are such game changers. But if those players are not sure fire stars, I would rather go need and draft an olineman or QB.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
I see going BPA to a point, especially if you are going nuclear and just decided to blow everything up. The problem is if the BPA is a safety or a tight end in the first or second round, do you draft that person when we already have young players in those positions who are starters. If you have a Dion Sanders or Rob Gronskowski, then it might not matter because both are such game changers. But if those players are not sure fire stars, I would rather go need and draft an olineman or QB.

yes, to a point.

But we each have slightly different 'points'.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe. It becomes splitting hairs. We'll have to wait until draft day and then we'll talk about specific players :).
I agree, I mean lets take last year draft most knew we should of went CB and drafted Peters(look at him now, would be our #1 CB right now.) Instead the front office with Armstead and his potential. I still think it was the wrong move but I do like what I see from him and I think he can be productive. I don't think he will be a pro bowler and great but productive at that position.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Maybe. It becomes splitting hairs. We'll have to wait until draft day and then we'll talk about specific players :).

yes.

that said, i know this board can't discuss who is the BPA?! Because IMO no one here knows our schemes well enough to say who is BPA. No one here is a professional NFL scout that can adequately judge who fits us best?

So when draft time rolls around, even i have to mention Need. :-(

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well at least we now know Kap is better then Gabbert. He looks so bad these last couple of games. This game against cincy is just a joke. All he is, is a back up. Someone that can come in and play 1 game. I rather have Kap any day of the week over this guy. Overall I think we draft a QB and Kap is gone but at least we know we can't go into next year with Gabbert as the starter.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well at least we now know Kap is better then Gabbert. He looks so bad these last couple of games. This game against cincy is just a joke. All he is a back up. Someone that can come in and play 1 game. I rather have Kap any day of the week over this guy. Overall I think we draft a QB and Kap is gone but at least we know we can't go into next year with Gabbert as the starter.

You're an idiot.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard for me to evaluate Gabbert today. He checked down alot but you can't tell the whole story on TV. I am waiting to see film analysis. Greg Cosell will provide some insight this week

HighTopFade

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
well at least we now know Kap is better then Gabbert. He looks so bad these last couple of games. This game against cincy is just a joke. All he is, is a back up. Someone that can come in and play 1 game. I rather have Kap any day of the week over this guy. Overall I think we draft a QB and Kap is gone but at least we know we can't go into next year with Gabbert as the starter.[/QUOTE

There's truth to this. I'm sure more teams are interested in making a bid for Kaep instead of Gabbert.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its ok, its just nice to know resumes mean something that is why Kap makes a lot more then Gabbert. Again I'm not defending Kap because I think he is gone after this year anyways but its just nice to see that this shows why Kap was the starter and that this team has many issues and it starts with the Head coach and this bad Oline.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hard for me to evaluate Gabbert today. He checked down alot but you can't tell the whole story on TV. I am waiting to see film analysis. Greg Cosell will provide some insight this week
He looked bad. 2 Ints and was afraid to throw deep. I can't watch this guy play anymore. Only good thing looking like we will have a top 5 pick. York and baalke need to get this pick right . This is a BIG draft for us.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He looked bad. 2 Ints and was afraid to throw deep. I can't watch this guy play anymore. Only good thing looking like we will have a top 5 pick. York and baalke need to get this pick right . This is a BIG draft for us.

The two interceptions were clearly on Vance McDonald you idiot.