• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

trade Gabbert instead of Kap

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early on a couple of things of note. There were the two drops by McDonald that led to turnovers. But there were also drives killed because Gabbert threw underneath on 3rd downs. That seems to be a bigger problem the past couple of weeks. Hard to tell on TV why Gabbert is throwing the ball short in those situations cause we can't see what is going on down the field if it isn't shown on replay. Is Gabbert failing to see receivers downfield or scared to pull the trigger or is just no one open? Cosell will probably address it this week on KNBR but 3rd down play has to get much better. Hard to understand how the pass offense played fairly well against two really good defenses in Seattle and Arizona and has taken a step back against lesser teams.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gabbert is so bad on 3rd downs. I do blame the OC for some of the calls but as a QB you need to make some plays. In the last 2 games 49ers are 2 for 23 on 3rd down(number might be a little off). This is so bad. Gabbert sucks. He is good as a back up. He can come in and do an ok job but to start multiple games he cant do. He has had 1 good game in what 4-5 games now.

Top 5 draft pick here we come. I just hope York and Baalke don't screw this up. I can see it now with the #5 pick 49ers select from Div III QB Steven Ferrerira from SUNY Cortland(yes this is a real player,LOL).

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gabbert is so bad on 3rd downs. I do blame the OC for some of the calls but as a QB you need to make some plays. In the last 2 games 49ers are 2 for 23 on 3rd down(number might be a little off). This is so bad. Gabbert sucks. He is good as a back up. He can come in and do an ok job but to start multiple games he cant do. He has had 1 good game in what 4-5 games now.

Top 5 draft pick here we come. I just hope York and Baalke don't screw this up. I can see it now with the #5 pick 49ers select from Div III QB Steven Ferrerira from SUNY Cortland(yes this is a real player,LOL).

Will be interesting to see Cosell's take on this after film review. He should be on KNBR today or tomorrow.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we can trade him, I would like to Kelly to still be there because that would probably lead to bigger draft pick compensation. But if we can't trade him and we cut him, I don't want him to go there because it still in our conference, not that we could stop him.

Doesn't matter. We could trade him in the division. This team isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Kaepernick will have retired before (IF) we're relevant again, as long as York is in charge. That buffoon is easily one of the most clueless dipshits on the planet. He makes Jerry Jones look like Dan Rooney. Check that. He makes Donald Sterling look like Jim Buss.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Gabbert DOES suck. No, he's not even a good backup. He's crap. His record speaks for itself. He can't perform at this level.

This in no way is a defense of Kaepernick. He's awful, too. Though I have ZERO faith in this organization finding, or coaching a competent QB. Time to start watching Basketball, and then meld into summer when the Giants should compete for a WS again (judging by recent history).

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there are QBs for the 49ers to draft and I think they will. The question becomes which one and at what round. Is Goff worth a top 5 pick? I don't know. I think the 49ers should draft a QB and just let him sit. I heard an NFL analyst on KNBR and he believes some of these QBs can be good NFL QBs over time but none are NFL ready yet. I am ok with Gabbert being a bridge QB. As far as short completions, that is fine except for the 3rd down completions. Those short 3rd down checkdown completions are killing drives. Gotta get better at reaching the sticks. I heard Cosell's analysis on Boldin. Wow. He basically said Boldin is just too slow to be a primary receiver. Cosell does not like our receivers.

Smart man. The only legitimate one we have on the roster is Boldin, and he probably should have retired last year.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
yes.

that said, i know this board can't discuss who is the BPA?! Because IMO no one here knows our schemes well enough to say who is BPA. No one here is a professional NFL scout that can adequately judge who fits us best?

So when draft time rolls around, even i have to mention Need. :-(

Frankly, I'm not sure our GM or coaching staff know "who fits us best." And even if they did, I don't trust them to make a mediocre decision.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Early on a couple of things of note. There were the two drops by McDonald that led to turnovers. But there were also drives killed because Gabbert threw underneath on 3rd downs. That seems to be a bigger problem the past couple of weeks. Hard to tell on TV why Gabbert is throwing the ball short in those situations cause we can't see what is going on down the field if it isn't shown on replay. Is Gabbert failing to see receivers downfield or scared to pull the trigger or is just no one open? Cosell will probably address it this week on KNBR but 3rd down play has to get much better. Hard to understand how the pass offense played fairly well against two really good defenses in Seattle and Arizona and has taken a step back against lesser teams.

I'd wager to say those better teams just played as little as they had to in order to beat a terrible team. Why show potential playoff teams more of your playbook then you have to? Seattle and Arizona still comfortably won.

I'm sure we've all played on some team where we so clearly overmatched the opponent, that the final score didn't really matter. If you play softball against a bunch of 80-year-olds, how hard are you going to try? Does that mean the team of 80-year-olds is close to winning a game? Hell no. It means the team of 20-year-olds doesn't see the point in obliterating a bunch of guys who are waiting to die.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Frankly, I'm not sure our GM or coaching staff know "who fits us best." And even if they did, I don't trust them to make a mediocre decision.

Could very well be the case and if this continues, then the GM is "not for long". "this continues" means recent draft classes ('14 and '15) will need to play with some talent. "not for long" IMO is one more season.

Would expect the next draft CLASS to be good off the bat, but would be nice if a few flashed some talent.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

Yep, by now i expect Gabbert to be throwing more and more 'downfield', at least enough to get the 1st downs. Understandable he'd be cautious his first few games, but it is long past 'a few'.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yep, by now i expect Gabbert to be throwing more and more 'downfield', at least enough to get the 1st downs. Understandable he'd be cautious his first few games, but it is long past 'a few'.

Problem is he the first couple of games were his best and he has been trending the wrong way. Cosell mentioned this. I didn't watch yesterday's game so I can't really comment. I am going to catch some of it on replay. From what I've seen to date, I think all we have in Gabbert is a serviceable backup at this point. This team really needs to draft a QB.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Problem is he the first couple of games were his best and he has been trending the wrong way. Cosell mentioned this. I didn't watch yesterday's game so I can't really comment. I am going to catch some of it on replay. From what I've seen to date, I think all we have in Gabbert is a serviceable backup at this point. This team really needs to draft a QB.

no question and hopefully there is one for us? even if it isn't in round 1, consider it in round 2.

IMO Baalke will add a veteran QB in the off-season. Obviously, it won't be a big name and he won't be named starter, but believe we'll sign one.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played a good 1st half and did nothing in the 2nd half. Again its the play calling. This OC is really bad.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
no question and hopefully there is one for us? even if it isn't in round 1, consider it in round 2.

IMO Baalke will add a veteran QB in the off-season. Obviously, it won't be a big name and he won't be named starter, but believe we'll sign one.

I get leery of signing big names anyway. Remember these guys? Kolb, Cassel, Flynn. They were the big offseason names that got paid big bucks and then flamed out. I think picking the next Franchise QB in the draft is the answer. Gabbert is as good as those guys and a hell of lot cheaper.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He played a good 1st half and did nothing in the 2nd half. Again its the play calling. This OC is really bad.

On KNBR, one of the commenters mentioned the Lions brought a safety into the box in the 2nd half. Shut down the 49ers running game and the coaches were unable to adjust.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
On KNBR, one of the commenters mentioned the Lions brought a safety into the box in the 2nd half. Shut down the 49ers running game and the coaches were unable to adjust.
yup, this staff is a joke. I forgot where I read something but they broke down the team and the over all feel is that the staff is just bad and have no game plan and they dont know how to adjust. At this time of the year there is no reason to have 6-7 off sides penalties.

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well, so much for the Kaepernick to Philadelphia rumors. Chip Kelly has been fired.