• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

trade Gabbert instead of Kap

Kinzu

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why can't we have a Top 5 pick in a year where there is a Top 5 QB to draft x_x
I hate being in a position where you have to overdraft on a QB.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would anyone consider taking a flyer on RGIII? He's taken his lumps, deservedly so imo, in Washington, but they are certainly going to part ways with him soon. Would this be worth any consideration by the Niners? He's still only 25.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Would anyone consider taking a flyer on RGIII? He's taken his lumps, deservedly so imo, in Washington, but they are certainly going to part ways with him soon. Would this be worth any consideration by the Niners? He's still only 25.

Nah. He is some of the same issues that kap has. Plus he is brittle. I would rather just stick with what we have and draft a QB for the future.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Nah. He is some of the same issues that kap has. Plus he is brittle. I would rather just stick with what we have and draft a QB for the future.

I tend to agree, though I think he's better than anybody we have on the roster, injury-prone or not, at the moment.

The bigger issue is that we're going to hire a HC who doesn't know shit about football or grooming a QB, and with Baalke in charge, I honestly don't see us drafting a QB anyway.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I tend to agree, though I think he's better than anybody we have on the roster, injury-prone or not, at the moment.

The bigger issue is that we're going to hire a HC who doesn't know shit about football or grooming a QB, and with Baalke in charge, I honestly don't see us drafting a QB anyway.

IMHO, I think we need to havhe a long hard look at current practice player QB Dylan Thompson. He was a stud college QB and I think we have legit talent right under our noses. Largely we've been blinded by the coaching staffs ineptitude to play the young guys where our shit free agents and aging starters kept getting the starting nod. Apparently it's not a good idea to try and find current talent when the season is obviously a stiff cat with tire marks on the side of the road.

You know what? I say we through our names in the hat...I'd be ok to get fired after a year and collect the 10+ mil from a three year contract after a 5 win season...better odds than paying the retard tax on 20 Powerball tickets for 1.8 billion where the odds of winning that are worse than Walsh coming back to lead us back to a SB.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IMHO, I think we need to havhe a long hard look at current practice player QB Dylan Thompson. He was a stud college QB and I think we have legit talent right under our noses. Largely we've been blinded by the coaching staffs ineptitude to play the young guys where our shit free agents and aging starters kept getting the starting nod. Apparently it's not a good idea to try and find current talent when the season is obviously a stiff cat with tire marks on the side of the road.

You know what? I say we through our names in the hat...I'd be ok to get fired after a year and collect the 10+ mil from a three year contract after a 5 win season...better odds than paying the retard tax on 20 Powerball tickets for 1.8 billion where the odds of winning that are worse than Walsh coming back to lead us back to a SB.
I'll be honest with you. I don't think there's anybody on this board that would be a WORSE hc than what we had last year, or what we're about to hire.

Given that, I think 90% of us would be both better at Baalke's and York's job. Hell, I'm not sure anybody on the planet would be worse at Boy Blunder's job. We just lost a mediocre coaching candidate because Cleveland is a MUCH more attractive spot than we are at the moment. That speaks reams of volumes.

Lol about the powerball. Right now, the gross is like $1.6B. Meaning the odds of winning it are roughly a trillion times what the winner would win. Still worse than Walsh coming back. Zombie apocalypse is right around the corner.

Good news about zombie apocalypse: Walsh, Bryant and Lombardi are all expected to interview for the 9ers HC spot. Bad news is we'll still hire Mangini's secretary. Because York is clueless.

Cut My Red I Bleed Gold

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll be honest with you. I don't think there's anybody on this board that would be a WORSE hc than what we had last year, or what we're about to hire.

Given that, I think 90% of us would be both better at Baalke's and York's job. Hell, I'm not sure anybody on the planet would be worse at Boy Blunder's job. We just lost a mediocre coaching candidate because Cleveland is a MUCH more attractive spot than we are at the moment. That speaks reams of volumes.

Lol about the powerball. Right now, the gross is like $1.6B. Meaning the odds of winning it are roughly a trillion times what the winner would win. Still worse than Walsh coming back. Zombie apocalypse is right around the corner.

Good news about zombie apocalypse: Walsh, Bryant and Lombardi are all expected to interview for the 9ers HC spot. Bad news is we'll still hire Mangini's secretary. Because York is clueless.

Whelp, in that vein of odds...tomorrow I'll dedicate rubbing any and every lamp...or anything remotely close to the shape of a lamp in hopes of a genie popping out and granting me three wishes:

1 - I'll take Shanny right now if it's between him, the Walrus, and NY Mr. Berns solely
2 - Please make Dork and Balke (after a high 5 on their accomplishments) simoultaniously fall down a flight of stairs, smash through a window, and fall into the mouth of a great white, and after that, the great white gets hit by El Nino white lightning.
3 - Wish for two wishes.
4 - I win the Powerball pot without buying a ticket so I can buy the team, and hire you, Tom, Pozz, Patterson, Deep, AU, Hangman, MHSL, and other worthy contributors I forgot to run it and coach it.
5 - Have my whiskey on the rocks refilled right now while someone pissed for me, that happens, I win the state lotto. and downsize into a house on the beach in La Jolla with a private beach.

Dare to dream gents.

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Whelp, in that vein of odds...tomorrow I'll dedicate rubbing any and every lamp...or anything remotely close to the shape of a lamp in hopes of a genie popping out and granting me three wishes:

1 - I'll take Shanny right now if it's between him, the Walrus, and NY Mr. Berns solely
2 - Please make Dork and Balke (after a high 5 on their accomplishments) simoultaniously fall down a flight of stairs, smash through a window, and fall into the mouth of a great white, and after that, the great white gets hit by El Nino white lightning.
3 - Wish for two wishes.
4 - I win the Powerball pot without buying a ticket so I can buy the team, and hire you, Tom, Pozz, Patterson, Deep, AU, Hangman, MHSL, and other worthy contributors I forgot to run it and coach it.
5 - Have my whiskey on the rocks refilled right now while someone pissed for me, that happens, I win the state lotto. and downsize into a house on the beach in La Jolla with a private beach.

Dare to dream gents.

haaaa, funny stuff.

last night i had my whiskey glass filled one too many times. On top of that I used an Old Fashion sized glass. Feeling it now. :-(

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
1 more year of Kap. Im ok with it but this is his last shot. make or break year for him. If Chip can't help him no one can.

wartyOne

That guy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Chip Kelly could save Colin Kaepernick's 49ers career

:mad2:

Unbelievable. Looks like we can expect another top draft pick and another new head coach soon.

I don't think it'll be as soon as you think. I'd be willing to bet that regardless of outcome, Kelly is going to get at least two and a half years. I fully expect him to get whacked in that third season. His offense simply does not translate to the NFL, and as a result, our defense is going to take a beating. There's no way, even if everything breaks his way, that Chip Kelly can advance a team to a SB.

Xponentialchaos

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don't think it'll be as soon as you think. I'd be willing to bet that regardless of outcome, Kelly is going to get at least two and a half years. I fully expect him to get whacked in that third season. His offense simply does not translate to the NFL, and as a result, our defense is going to take a beating. There's no way, even if everything breaks his way, that Chip Kelly can advance a team to a SB.

You're right. I'm seeing 2 years.

Montalban

Hoopla Cash
$ 925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Because at this point, Gabbert is a better player. At this point, Gabbert is a great stop gap...a guy who can bridge the gap to the next one. I'll take a 7th for Kaepernick since I doubt we'll get anything period for the guy.

Forget about hanging on to memories...cut the cord and be done with. Get the next QB of the future, let him sit behind Gabbert in '16 and then set him free.
I want them to wait a year and draft Watson from Clemson. Perfect for Kelly's system.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what its worth, and I don't like the Kelly hire, from what I've read today from people that really know Kelly is that Kelly would have an open competition between Kaep and Gabbert for the starting position. At this point, I don't see either as being the future of the team so they need to draft a QB regardless.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For what its worth, and I don't like the Kelly hire, from what I've read today from people that really know Kelly is that Kelly would have an open competition between Kaep and Gabbert for the starting position. At this point, I don't see either as being the future of the team so they need to draft a QB regardless.

Agree. The QB of the future is not on this roster. Wouldn't mind Goff, but he will likely be selected by the Browns. Several teams need a QB like the Cowboys, Texans or maybe even the Dolphins since they have a new coach. The Rams and Eagles could also be looking for a QB. How about Carson Wentz in the 2nd round if he falls that far?

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Agree. The QB of the future is not on this roster. Wouldn't mind Goff, but he will likely be selected by the Browns. Several teams need a QB like the Cowboys, Texans or maybe even the Dolphins since they have a new coach. The Rams and Eagles could also be looking for a QB. How about Carson Wentz in the 2nd round if he falls that far?
Don't really know anything about Wentz. Have to read up on him

Ricky Roma

The Catch
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I want them to wait a year and draft Watson from Clemson. Perfect for Kelly's system.

I can't say much about him, as I've only seen him play against Alabama. I do know that it's a crapshoot this year as to what will happen in the draft, so to even fathom the position SF or a college player will be in the following draft seems like a complete waste of time.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like Hue could be putting together a pretty good staff in Cleveland. He may have Mike Smith as DC and Pep Hamilton as QB coach.