• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

trade Gabbert instead of Kap

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I have to watch Gabbert next year I might throw up. This guy is bad. Gabbert reminds me of Dilfer(last year) when he played with us. Couldn't throw the ball past 10 yards and ugly throws all over the place.

darken65

Warped Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,199.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If I have to watch Gabbert next year I might throw up. This guy is bad. Gabbert reminds me of Dilfer(last year) when he played with us. Couldn't throw the ball past 10 yards and ugly throws all over the place.
Get the barf bag ready...

MHSL82

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.92
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I spoke too soon.

Not that I was a believer in Gabbert, but this past week was pretty disappointing because if you were going to win in a season that you want the best draft pick, you better play well the rest of the season to give some hope or development to you or the team. If you're going to suck it up against the worst team in the league, we should have lost to the Bears. And I'm never really an advocate of losing for a draft pick. But I don't understand winning without getting better.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not that I was a believer in Gabbert, but this past week was pretty disappointing because if you were going to win in a season that you want the best draft pick, you better play well the rest of the season to give some hope or development to you or the team. If you're going to suck it up against the worst team in the league, we should have lost to the Bears. And I'm never really an advocate of losing for a draft pick. But I don't understand winning without getting better.
I agree, I want to see this team get better through out the year and they are going backwards and that is a sign of bad coaching. I hope York and Baalke see that and makes changes. I hate to say we should lose now. We are sitting at #5 right now if we can get in the top 3 that would be nice. Here are some Draft options at 5 right now.
-QB Geoff(not a fan)
-CB Hargreaves(watched him play 3 times overrated)
-MLB J. Smith (my fav pick and no not because he went to ND). He is a freak talent.
-QB Lynch(again not a fan of this QB class in the 1st rd)
-WR Treadwell (has some Dez comparison- they call him a poor man Dez)
-CB Alexander (nice cover corner in college)
-DT Nkemdiche (yes the guy that jumped out a 4 story building) great pass rusher at the DT position.

my sleeper pick: DE Ogbah- Freak at pass rushing the QB and he is good against the run. Best Dlinemen in the draft in my opinion.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree, I want to see this team get better through out the year and they are going backwards and that is a sign of bad coaching. I hope York and Baalke see that and makes changes. I hate to say we should lose now. We are sitting at #5 right now if we can get in the top 3 that would be nice. Here are some Draft options at 5 right now.
-QB Geoff(not a fan)
-CB Hargreaves(watched him play 3 times overrated)
-MLB J. Smith (my fav pick and no not because he went to ND). He is a freak talent.
-QB Lynch(again not a fan of this QB class in the 1st rd)
-WR Treadwell (has some Dez comparison- they call him a poor man Dez)
-CB Alexander (nice cover corner in college)
-DT Nkemdiche (yes the guy that jumped out a 4 story building) great pass rusher at the DT position.

my sleeper pick: DE Ogbah- Freak at pass rushing the QB and he is good against the run. Best Dlinemen in the draft in my opinion.

It appears from some of material I've read, Lynch is projected to be the first QB taken in the draft followed by Goff. LOL, there is nothing more I hate when I hear the words " poor mans " anything. Means they won't be very good.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It appears from some of material I've read, Lynch is projected to be the first QB taken in the draft followed by Goff. LOL, there is nothing more I hate when I hear the words " poor mans " anything. Means they won't be very good.
I do not like Lynch but to be fair he hasn't had the talent around him like Cook and Geoff so maybe he will be better. Cook is falling. He is the 4th QB off the board now. Some QB from South Dakota.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would pass on it, we need a professional at QB until Goff is ready
If we draft Geoff he needs to sit for a year. Experts have said he does have an High football IQ. His weakness is his mechanics they say. When he is sound he is good. When is off he is bad. I just hate to see that many Ints in college. Not a great sign.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we draft Geoff he needs to sit for a year. Experts have said he does have an High football IQ. His weakness is his mechanics they say. When he is sound he is good. When is off he is bad. I just hate to see that many Ints in college. Not a great sign.

Isn't he a pure pocket passer

deep9er

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1

IF there is no QB for us to draft, i'd be ok with Gabbert 'bridging the gap'. Even if there was one to draft, not a problem to start off with Gabbert.

The first thing is get the pass off and complete it, next is throwing it longer and longer. Gabbert isn't so bad in getting the pass off, and completing, don't care if its short. Short completions beats an incompletion. We should start to see more longer completions from here on.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
IF there is no QB for us to draft, i'd be ok with Gabbert 'bridging the gap'. Even if there was one to draft, not a problem to start off with Gabbert.

The first thing is get the pass off and complete it, next is throwing it longer and longer. Gabbert isn't so bad in getting the pass off, and completing, don't care if its short. Short completions beats an incompletion. We should start to see more longer completions from here on.

I think there are QBs for the 49ers to draft and I think they will. The question becomes which one and at what round. Is Goff worth a top 5 pick? I don't know. I think the 49ers should draft a QB and just let him sit. I heard an NFL analyst on KNBR and he believes some of these QBs can be good NFL QBs over time but none are NFL ready yet. I am ok with Gabbert being a bridge QB. As far as short completions, that is fine except for the 3rd down completions. Those short 3rd down checkdown completions are killing drives. Gotta get better at reaching the sticks. I heard Cosell's analysis on Boldin. Wow. He basically said Boldin is just too slow to be a primary receiver. Cosell does not like our receivers.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I cant watch him anymore. Im ok with him being a back up but to play a whole season, oh boy. It will be tough to watch. There is no reason for him to start next year.

purguy12

Special Agent
Hoopla Cash
$ 15,044.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think there are QBs for the 49ers to draft and I think they will. The question becomes which one and at what round. Is Goff worth a top 5 pick? I don't know. I think the 49ers should draft a QB and just let him sit. I heard an NFL analyst on KNBR and he believes some of these QBs can be good NFL QBs over time but none are NFL ready yet. I am ok with Gabbert being a bridge QB. As far as short completions, that is fine except for the 3rd down completions. Those short 3rd down checkdown completions are killing drives. Gotta get better at reaching the sticks. I heard Cosell's analysis on Boldin. Wow. He basically said Boldin is just too slow to be a primary receiver. Cosell does not like our receivers.
I have a feeling they like Geoff a lot.

AU_Fever

The secret of getting ahead is getting started.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Boldin's time with the Niners is over. He has been a true professional and a class act. Torrey Smith has straight line speed, but is a poor route runner. This is a big concern since Baalke has not drafted well in the position.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Boldin's time with the Niners is over. He has been a true professional and a class act. Torrey Smith has straight line speed, but is a poor route runner. This is a big concern since Baalke has not drafted well in the position.

Patton seems to have his moments then disappears. Its too bad they didn't keep Smelter on the roster and have him play a bit. Would have been nice to get a look at him.

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Patton seems to have his moments then disappears. Its too bad they didn't keep Smelter on the roster and have him play a bit. Would have been nice to get a look at him.

It would have been nice to see Smelter on the field. Patton is just inconsistent. I don't know what the secret of the Steelers regarding drafting WR, but Niners need to find out quickly. Wallace bolts for FA, Sanders takes his place. Sanders opts for FA, Brown steps in. They also have Bryant and Wheaton. It doesn't hurt that they have a QB who is accurate and can actually deliver the ball to his receivers.

Pattersonca65

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It would have been nice to see Smelter on the field. Patton is just inconsistent. I don't know what the secret of the Steelers regarding drafting WR, but Niners need to find out quickly. Wallace bolts for FA, Sanders takes his place. Sanders opts for FA, Brown steps in. They also have Bryant and Wheaton. It doesn't hurt that they have a QB who is accurate and can actually deliver the ball to his receivers.

What about trying to get Marvin Jones in Free Agency from Cinci?

AU_Fever

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What about trying to get Marvin Jones in Free Agency from Cinci?

Definitely he's worth a look. Niners need an upgrade in this position. I think Boldin either retires or signs with another team. Maybe he signs with the Cardinals. Niners' receivers have had difficulty getting any separation.