• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Down w/ Dallas

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I've read plenty in the last month or so about Dallas, or more accurately Jerrah Jones, being infatuated with Jonny Football. I hadn't previously given it much thought because I thought Manziel would be long gone by our pick. As the draft draws nearer there's more and more talk of him possibly sliding right out of the top ten. If he makes it past the Vikings at #8 the Bills aren't likely to grab him, so he'd fall right into our laps.

If that happens I think a trade back to #16 would be ideal. We'd pick up another valuable draft pick and still have our pick of many big upgrades.

Thoughts?

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mentioned them as potential trade partner so they could get Barr to replace Ware. Then snag up Dix with that 16th pick.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#10 and are lone tradeable 4th to swap 1sts and get their 2nd.

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd do the trade. Players like Donald, Barr, Gilbert, Dix, "one might still be there" at #16. I would certainly think Pryor and Dennard could be possibilities also. Hell at that point if most of those are gone, I got no problem dropping into the mid to late 20's. There will still be impact players available all while acquiring more picks. Maybe Shazier, VanNoy, Lattimer, Ealy, Fuller, Verrett ?

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mentioned them as potential trade partner so they could get Barr to replace Ware. Then snag up Dix with that 16th pick.

:agree:...I could very well see this scenario playing out. Dallas and Barr. Perfect fit.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we could pick up their second in the process I'd do it in a second. One of Donald, Dennard, Gilbert, Clinton-Dix, Jernigan, or even Ebron should be there at 16 and in the second we could pick up a starter with a normal first-round grade.

Rollingthndr

FantasyFootball Pessimist
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If we weren't so financially committed to Stafford. Wouldn't mind the Lions picking Johnny Football to be honest.

Kreton

Former 5x UFC Champion
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
trading down to 16 would be awesome.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
#10 and are lone tradeable 4th to swap 1sts and get their 2nd.

Yes, this would be good. With Lewan getting more press lately, he may be gone before our pick which would eliminate a trade down with Miami.

At 16, we could take the best available and go from there.

Another option would be Philly looking to trade up for Evans. They are at 22. We would get much more. I just dont think they will pull the trigger though as there are so many WRs in the draft.

LPinSLC

Gang Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes, this would be good. With Lewan getting more press lately, he may be gone before our pick which would eliminate a trade down with Miami.

At 16, we could take the best available and go from there.

Another option would be Philly looking to trade up for Evans. They are at 22. We would get much more. I just dont think they will pull the trigger though as there are so many WRs in the draft.

I'm not thinking he'll make it to 10 either way.

Quackerjacked

Falcon
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be mad in that trade. To drop to sixteen I don't want to be giving up this year's 4th. Maybe next years.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'd be mad in that trade. To drop to sixteen I don't want to be giving up this year's 4th. Maybe next years.

You wouldn't give a fourth this year for their second this year? Immediate impact over project type player. Do it all day every day.

Naughtymax

Internet MMA God
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You wouldn't give a fourth this year for their second this year? Immediate impact over project type player. Do it all day every day.

That's one of those trades I'd want to hold until the last minute before pulling the trigger.

#10 and #111 for #16 and #47, giving the Cowboys their QB of the future (for which they should pay). If there are 6 guys we all like equally available below Manziel, then go ahead. If there is a guy we like quite a bit better than what's going to fall to 16(say, Barr vs a projected Dennard), then don't do it.

If they like Manziel enough to think he's their QB of the future, with the Titans needing a QB at the next slot, I'd hold out for #16 and #47 and maybe give a sixth on the way back, or next year's fourth.

gandydancer

FATBASTARD
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,164.87
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's one of those trades I'd want to hold until the last minute before pulling the trigger.

#10 and #111 for #16 and #47, giving the Cowboys their QB of the future (for which they should pay). If there are 6 guys we all like equally available below Manziel, then go ahead. If there is a guy we like quite a bit better than what's going to fall to 16(say, Barr vs a projected Dennard), then don't do it.

If they like Manziel enough to think he's their QB of the future, with the Titans needing a QB at the next slot, I'd hold out for #16 and #47 and maybe give a sixth on the way back, or next year's fourth.

I looked at it that way. IMO teams aren't held to who you want to draft at said pick. It is the value of positions you are moving and where in the draft.

When it unfolds and they are sitting at 10. I see Barr, Gilbert, Dennard, Dix, Fuller, and Donald still there. A few WR's there also don't want but still there. Why not take #16 #45 #47 #76 over #10 #45 #76 and #111
As I stated in my earlier post. With my GM thinking cap on, I see moving back and getting most likely 3 immediate impact/ starting players over 2 with a project. No guarantees of course of hitting on starters...

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
When it unfolds and they are sitting at 10. I see Barr, Gilbert, Dennard, Dix, Fuller, and Donald still there. A few WR's there also don't want but still there. Why not take #16 #45 #47 #76 over #10 #45 #76 and #111
As I stated in my earlier post. With my GM thinking cap on, I see moving back and getting most likely 3 immediate impact/ starting players over 2 with a project. No guarantees of course of hitting on starters...

3 picks in the top 47 and 4 picks in the top 75 would be huge for the Lions. They are not a team who is one player away from even being the favorite to win their division, let alone a Super Bowl. In a draft, considered by basically everyone, as the deepest they have seen in a long time -- Having all those picks could upgrade the team at multiple positions and allow the Lions to add depth as well.

If Mayhew actually believes there are only 5 or 6 'elite talents' at the top of the draft -- Trading down from 10 to 16 isn't going to change the value of the player they are going to get. With the extra second round pick -- they could draft a 3rd WR and still have another pick they can use to upgrade the team defensively.

Old Lion

Pay no attention to that man behind the curtain
Hoopla Cash
$ 2,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Trading back is almost always preferable unless there is a future all world player with no question marks available. I do not think there is even 1 player who fits that in this years draft.

It is such a gamble that it becomes imperative not to trade away early picks unless you have a sure thing like Luck, Megatron, Suh types

TrustMeIamRight

Hoopla Cash
$ 28.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
With the extra second round pick -- they could draft a 3rd WR and still have another pick they can use to upgrade the team defensively.

Heck -- I'd even be fine if they traded down twice from 10 to 16 to somewhere in the 20's. They could probably pick up an extra 3rd for that. They could draft Brandin Cooks in the 20's and teams could try and play man coverage on Tate and Cooks -- Then detroit would have the 45 and 47 pick, as well as the 75 and one in the 80's.

They could draft a CB, Safety, OLB and DE -- They'd still have 3 picks in the 4th. I feel like I'm playing that drafting website game. :laugh3:

Gulf of Brazil

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,227.03
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Heck -- I'd even be fine if they traded down twice from 10 to 16 to somewhere in the 20's. They could probably pick up an extra 3rd for that. They could draft Brandin Cooks in the 20's and teams could try and play man coverage on Tate and Cooks -- Then detroit would have the 45 and 47 pick, as well as the 75 and one in the 80's.

They could draft a CB, Safety, OLB and DE -- They'd still have 3 picks in the 4th. I feel like I'm playing that drafting website game. :laugh3:

Not if they gave Dallas #111. That would leave comp picks #133 and #136 for the 4th rd.

I'll even take it a step further. SF has 11 picks (4 are comps). They stored players from last years draft; RB Lattimore, DE Tank Carradine and DE/OLB Corey Lemonier. They need a speedy WR to compliment Boldin and Crabtree. Cooks/Beckham is right there at #16 + beats out Balt/NYJ/Philly/KC/Car and they add value in the return game.

Hypothetically speaking; Det trades #10 + #111 to Dallas (Manziel) for #16 +#47... Tenn (Gilbert)... NYG (Barr)... STL (Dix)...CHI (Donald)... Pit (Pryor).... Det trades #16 + #76 to SF (Cooks/Beckham) for their #30 + #56 + #61. Now Det has picks #30 + #45 + #47 + #56 + #61.. 5 picks all right at 2nd rd..

Think of all the Players that could be available at
#30; OLB Shazier, OLB/DE Ford, CB Fuller, CB Verrett, DE Ealy, OLB VanNoy, WR Lattimer
#45 (leftovers from above) SS Ward, WR Adams, OLB Attaochu, OG Sua'-Filo, OT/OG Bitonio, OT James
#47 ( " " ") SS Bucannon, FS Joyner, C Richburg, C Martin, CB Jean-Baptiste, TE Amaro
#56 ( " " ") DE Martin, DE Crichton, DT Easley, DT Jones, LG Yankey, LG Jackson
#61 ( " " ") FS Brooks, WR Matthews, OLB Reilly, OLB Bradford,

Quite a lot of players that "could be there still"

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

7 picks in the 1st four rounds would be huge, especially if Mayhew and Zanders (Manders? Zayhew?) have another draft like the gem they scored last year.

Cooks would be an ideal fit for our new offense- he's basically a really rich man's Lance Moore. Odell Beckham Jr. wouldn't be a bad fit, either, in that 20's range if that's the route we went. Shazier in the late 20's would look good in a Lions uni, too...

tpaulus_2

Top-5 Arm Chair GM
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not if they gave Dallas #111. That would leave comp picks #133 and #136 for the 4th rd.

I'll even take it a step further. SF has 11 picks (4 are comps). They stored players from last years draft; RB Lattimore, DE Tank Carradine and DE/OLB Corey Lemonier. They need a speedy WR to compliment Boldin and Crabtree. Cooks/Beckham is right there at #16 + beats out Balt/NYJ/Philly/KC/Car and they add value in the return game.

Hypothetically speaking; Det trades #10 + #111 to Dallas (Manziel) for #16 +#47... Tenn (Gilbert)... NYG (Barr)... STL (Dix)...CHI (Donald)... Pit (Pryor).... Det trades #16 + #76 to SF (Cooks/Beckham) for their #30 + #56 + #61. Now Det has picks #30 + #45 + #47 + #56 + #61.. 5 picks all right at 2nd rd..

Think of all the Players that could be available at
#30; OLB Shazier, OLB/DE Ford, CB Fuller, CB Verrett, DE Ealy, OLB VanNoy, WR Lattimer
#45 (leftovers from above) SS Ward, WR Adams, OLB Attaochu, OG Sua'-Filo, OT/OG Bitonio, OT James
#47 ( " " ") SS Bucannon, FS Joyner, C Richburg, C Martin, CB Jean-Baptiste, TE Amaro
#56 ( " " ") DE Martin, DE Crichton, DT Easley, DT Jones, LG Yankey, LG Jackson
#61 ( " " ") FS Brooks, WR Matthews, OLB Reilly, OLB Bradford,

Quite a lot of players that "could be there still"

Hell yeah! We'd be a scary team in 2 or 3 more years when that group plus the nice draft we had last year all start to hit their stride at the same time...