• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Deadline

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
33 year old kimbrel for madrigal? fucking hell! this is something williams would do!
Holy shit, this is stunning. If Hahn, or Williams as you suggest, knew they were going to ditch Nicky Two Strikes, then they should have been more balls out on trying to acquire Frazier. That's the biggest reason I didn't really want us to go for him, I figured we'd have Madrigal back next season.

Now maybe there's something more to his injury than we're being told. I sure hope so because if he's back 100% next year, then the Cubs fleeced us as badly as we fleeced them in the Quintana-Jimenez/Cease trade.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Rick Hahn might be mentally disabled. Trade Madrigal? Moron.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Holy shit, this is stunning. If Hahn, or Williams as you suggest, knew they were going to ditch Nicky Two Strikes, then they should have been more balls out on trying to acquire Frazier. That's the biggest reason I didn't really want us to go for him, I figured we'd have Madrigal back next season.

Now maybe there's something more to his injury than we're being told. I sure hope so because if he's back 100% next year, then the Cubs fleeced us as badly as we fleeced them in the Quintana-Jimenez/Cease trade.
exactly! trading a 24 year old .300 hitter no strikout guy for an aging reliever closer (which we already have) is insane!
and IF they were planning this then why not frazier? this makes me ill.

and how is liam going to see this?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kimbrel is legit, and under contract for next year too. Sucks to lose Madrigal but not for this year and is that position really so hard to fill? I like this deal. Pitching is king in the playoffs.
Wish I could agree with you buddy, but right now this looks like we got fleeced in the long run - yes, short run we no doubt made out big time because Madrigal is out for the season and Heuer has been pretty erratic. Also, maybe the Sox have their eye out on a 2b replacement next year in free agency. I don't know, all I do know is if Mads comes out of this injury 100%, then we lost an annual .300+ hitter with GG potential, and who we had under control for numerous years. To me, that spells H-U-G-E.
exactly! trading a 24 year old .300 hitter no strikout guy for an aging reliever closer (which we already have) is insane!
and IF they were planning this then why not frazier? this makes me ill.

and how is liam going to see this?
good point on Hendriks!!!

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doubting this. cubs wouldn't be THAT stupid!

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kimbrel is legit, and under contract for next year too. Sucks to lose Madrigal but not for this year and is that position really so hard to fill? I like this deal. Pitching is king in the playoffs.
Wish I could agree with you buddy, but right now this looks like we got fleeced in the long run - yes, short run we no doubt made out big time because Madrigal is out for the season and Heuer has been pretty erratic. Also, maybe the Sox have their eye out on a 2b replacement next year in free agency. I don't know, all I do know is if Mads comes out of this injury 100%, then we lost an annual .300+ hitter with GG potential, and who we had under control thru the '26 season. To me, that spells H-U-G-E.

Trudem

He's no good to me dead!
Hoopla Cash
$ 350.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wish I could agree with you buddy, but right now this looks like we got fleeced in the long run - yes, short run we no doubt made out big time because Madrigal is out for the season and Heuer has been pretty erratic. Also, maybe the Sox have their eye out on a 2b replacement next year in free agency. I don't know, all I do know is if Mads comes out of this injury 100%, then we lost an annual .300+ hitter with GG potential, and who we had under control for numerous years. To me, that spells H-U-G-E.

Long run will hurt as much if he helps us win a ring in the short run.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
doubting this. cubs wouldn't be THAT stupid!
Exactly. Cubs would’ve reviewed medical history and wouldn’t have pulled trigger. Sox just got hosed like Cubs got hosed in Quintana trade the other year.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Again, think of the delta. Hernandez had a club option for 2022 and is he really so much worse than Madrigal? Better defense and not much different OPS.

Meanwhile Kimbrel's age is irrelevant if he's pitching this good, he will be good next year too. Two closers means you can pitch a stud in the ninth every day.

Remember too, the future is NOW. They are in year 2 of a 4-5 year window and they need to push in their chips sometimes. I like this trade. You gotta give to get, and they didn't give anything that hurts them this year and it barely hurts next year.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Madrigal is really good hitter but he has very little pop, sucks defensively, and is an awful base runner. I think he can easily be replaced. Makes you wonder why they didn’t go after Frazier a little harder. Always worried about trading/signing for relievers. If kimbrel pitches like he has this season the rest of the way it’s a good deal imo

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Again, think of the delta. Hernandez had a club option for 2022 and is he really so much worse than Madrigal? Better defense and not much different OPS.

Meanwhile Kimbrel's age is irrelevant if he's pitching this good, he will be good next year too. Two closers means you can pitch a stud in the ninth every day.

Remember too, the future is NOW. They are in year 2 of a 4-5 year window and they need to push in their chips sometimes. I like this trade. You gotta give to get, and they didn't give anything that hurts them this year and it barely hurts next year.
I'll give you this much, I always admire whenever a Sox fan looks on the bright side of things when it involves some controversial trades or signings. I tend to operate in the glass-half-full sphere as well, but every once in a while I'm thrown for a loop and this trade is one big ass loop for me. I'll probably need some time to digest this.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so .... who's our closer now?
I’m Guessing hahn is picturing that royals 3 headed monster. Kopech the 7th, kimbrel the 8th, and liam in the 9th

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll give you this much, I always admire whenever a Sox fan looks on the bright side of things when it involves some controversial trades or signings. I tend to operate in the glass-half-full sphere as well, but every once in a while I'm thrown for a loop and this trade is one big ass loop for me. I'll probably need some time to digest this.
It's always a shock when the news first hits, and to get anything of value you have to give up something of value. But in the total picture I think this deal works.