• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Deadline

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Interesting....

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hernandez for Pilkington. Hernandez has $2million in salary for this year - and $6 million for next year with no club option. The Sox get a home run hitting - gold glover - by taking a payroll hit off of the Clevelands.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Live lookin at Sox fans following this mega trade:

1627580134279.gif

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical white sox move. Either an average major player or a former great player on the verge of retirement

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Hernandez for Pilkington. Hernandez has $2million in salary for this year - and $6 million for next year with no club option. The Sox get a home run hitting - gold glover - by taking a payroll hit off of the Clevelands.
I like this deal, they had a need and they filled it

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Blah.

They blew it when Frazier was available.
Not at all. They would have had to give up a helluva lot more to land Frazier, who would have only filled in at 2nd base this season. Then next year he would have had to play the OF, which is not his strength, nor does he have a ton of experience out there. Instead, we land another 2b who also has an option year left and we only gave up someone who would not likely make the Sox roster any time soon, if at all. In his previous brief stints with the Good Guys Pilkington was a relative bust.

If the rumors are true that the Sox were making a play for Frazier, and I can't say they are, but if so, Hahn would have pulled the trigger if the cost wasn't so high. Now who he would have had to give up will likely remain a mystery. But suffice to say, he obviously felt it wasn't worth it. I have zero problems with us not landing Frazier.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Typical white sox move. Either an average major player or a former great player on the verge of retirement
he's not hitting well this year but his lifetime stats look good and he's a gg. i think it's a pretty good move if the change of scenery gets his bat back where it should be..

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
he's not hitting well this year but his lifetime stats look good and he's a gg. i think it's a pretty good move if the change of scenery gets his bat back where it should be..
Pretty good power too. Even if his numbers are the same as in Cleveland he's an upgrade over Mendick and Garcia

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not at all. They would have had to give up a helluva lot more to land Frazier, who would have only filled in at 2nd base this season. Then next year he would have had to play the OF, which is not his strength, nor does he have a ton of experience out there. Instead, we land another 2b who also has an option year left and we only gave up someone who would not likely make the Sox roster any time soon, if at all. In his previous brief stints with the Good Guys Pilkington was a relative bust.

If the rumors are true that the Sox were making a play for Frazier, and I can't say they are, but if so, Hahn would have pulled the trigger if the cost wasn't so high. Now who he would have had to give up will likely remain a mystery. But suffice to say, he obviously felt it wasn't worth it. I have zero problems with us not landing Frazier.
I get what you’re saying but I still find it incredibly underwhelming.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Pretty good power too. Even if his numbers are the same as in Cleveland he's an upgrade over Mendick and Garcia
And we also have to face the strong likelihood that this is Garcia's last year. While it's possible that we could re-sign him, I'm guessing that he'll test the market and will sign with a team that at the very least will give him a shot at starting or platooning. And he should have a market for his services.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
And we also have to face the strong likelihood that this is Garcia's last year. While it's possible that we could re-sign him, I'm guessing that he'll test the market and will sign with a team that at the very least will give him a shot at starting or platooning. And he should have a market for his services.
Plus they didn't give up much to get Hernandez

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I get what you’re saying but I still find it incredibly underwhelming.
Oh trust me, I'm with you in the 'underwhelming' department. I'm not singing praises over some brilliant move here. My take is now that our prospect pool has been tapped significantly, the Sox now have a bottom 10 minor league base, and I didn't want it reduced even more so, and acquiring Frazier would have resulted in exactly that.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here's a bit more detail:

Again, nothing from which to get overly excited, but we do need some experience in the pen and Tepera fits the bill to a 'T'.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll reserve judgment on this Cesar guy until I see what he does for a bit as a pale hose. We had a need and filled it. It was a tough situation because 2B is for Madrigal so we just needed a short term replacement. This fits the bill. We made our big splashes with Hendriks and Lynn and I would probably save the next one for a need that is glaring/longer-term.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'll reserve judgment on this Cesar guy until I see what he does for a bit as a pale hose. We had a need and filled it. It was a tough situation because 2B is for Madrigal so we just needed a short term replacement. This fits the bill. We made our big splashes with Hendriks and Lynn and I would probably save the next one for a need that is glaring/longer-term.
That's fair and it makes sense to boot. Again, this was by no means a "WOW, what a trade!!!" type of deal. Still, Hernandez provides immediate starting capabilities, some needed power, and since we have him for next season as well, he'll provide some valuable backup/utility, especially if Garcia walks, which I feel is a given.

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's fair and it makes sense to boot. Again, this was by no means a "WOW, what a trade!!!" type of deal. Still, Hernandez provides immediate starting capabilities, some needed power, and since we have him for next season as well, he'll provide some valuable backup/utility, especially if Garcia walks, which I feel is a given.

The biggest "OH YEAH" part of this deal is that it basically signals that the Indians think they're done and for all intents and purposes cements that the division is ours.

I mean, you never know until the games are in the books...but it would be the mother of all monumental failures if we blew the division at this point.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Interesting stat - story. Previous to this year Hernandez was a low (-20%) strike out guy with high on base percentage - and average power. This year - his BA is down - is KO rate is up to 25% and he's pumped 18 HRs - I think he can hit either way you want him to. That's pretty good.

It's interesting to me that Cleveland - with their pitching resources wanted Pilkington. Pilkington is a modest talent - over achiever - whose minor league career showed improving stats as Pilkington moved up in the minors. No one even talked about him in the minor league system. But, Cleveland has an eye for pitching.

richig07

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
He now leads the team in HR's as a gold glove 2nd baseman. We got him for our 23rd prospect (who is a AA pitcher).

We had a rather horrible 2nd base situation. Now we have a very solid everyday guy pacing for just under 30 HR's and has an elite glove. How is this not a good thing?