• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Deadline

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, so a few hours removed, I'm less upset by the trade. Still incredibly disappointed Madrigal is gone. Just really sucks. Seeing him on the Cubs is like a kick to the taint.
I don't think he will hurt too much down the road. Nice player, but fringe all star maybe once or twice makes it IMO

I just looked, he doesn't hit HRs but because he gets more singles and doubles his OPS+ is actually significantly better than Hernandez. But not this year being gone and all. And his defense is far worse. Still an uptick over Mendick and Garcia, and with a big return in Kimbrel. The time is now.

idseer

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
i'm hearing he not good at holding men on base because of his high leg kick. i can't find any stats on this. anyone?

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Okay, so a few hours removed, I'm less upset by the trade. Still incredibly disappointed Madrigal is gone. Just really sucks. Seeing him on the Cubs is like a kick to the taint.
Kinda the same feeling here amigo. I wish it could have been one of our prospects to have been traded, but I'm sure Cubs GM Jed Hoyer insisted on Mads or the trade would be off. What really blows about him tho is he's going to a team that will be a bottom feeder for some time to come.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kinda the same feeling here amigo. I wish it could have been one of our prospects to have been traded, but I'm sure Cubs GM Jed Hoyer insisted on Mads or the trade would be off. What really blows about him tho is he's going to a team that will be a bottom feeder for some time to come.
I would've been way more down for Heuer and Burger, or Heuer and Adolfo and a fringe guy.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those in here who right off the bat said the Sox made the right move with the Kimbrell trade..............it looks like you guys were right, that is if we agree with just about every analyst who gave the Sox very high marks.

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
For those in here who right off the bat said the Sox made the right move with the Kimbrell trade..............it looks like you guys were right, that is if we agree with just about every analyst who gave the Sox very high marks.
Make the best bullpen in MLB match the best starting pitchers in MLB - and say come and get me.

I'm glad to see the Sox management do something different- considering the White Sox have been to the WS twice in the last 100 years by the other kind of thinking.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Make the best bullpen in MLB match the best starting pitchers in MLB - and say come and get me.

I'm glad to see the Sox management do something different- considering the White Sox have been to the WS twice in the last 100 years by the other kind of thinking.
I may never completely wrap my head around that trade, especially in years down the road. But I more than understand that the Sox brass pretty much said fuck it, we're going for the ring NOW. The moves we made should improve our chances greatly to play deep into October. Next year and thereafter? We'll see, but as of today.....fuck it, let's win this thing!

Mingo

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I may never completely wrap my head around that trade, especially in years down the road. But I more than understand that the Sox brass pretty much said fuck it, we're going for the ring NOW. The moves we made should improve our chances greatly to play deep into October. Next year and thereafter? We'll see, but as of today.....fuck it, let's win this thing!
You have to admit - Madrigal seems pretty breakable - I wouldn't want to pay his medical bills for the next 5 years. I do love his game and wish him well.

Lake Shore Drive

Your retarted
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You have to admit - Madrigal seems pretty breakable - I wouldn't want to pay his medical bills for the next 5 years. I do love his game and wish him well.
Agreed. I chimed in on this yesterday, saying in all the emotion over losing the guy I wanted on the roster even before the Sox drafted him was the fact that he does seem to get hurt a lot. Guess we'll have to wait and see how all this pans out. In the meantime, we have a World Series to win.

podsox

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. While I agree with stone, he sure has turned into a white sox organization kiss ass. All he did was praise Madrigal this yr prior to the injury

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brothers, let us all rejoice in the downfall of the Cubs. Their reign of douchebaggery has come to an end. May they be cast to the sewers.

ChiSoxFan

FC Bayern Forever #1
Hoopla Cash
$ 400.07
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
. While I agree with stone, he sure has turned into a white sox organization kiss ass. All he did was praise Madrigal this yr prior to the injury
He learned that if he was critical of his employer, he'd be asked to leave like with the Cubs lol.

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Giants really messed up they needed Kimbrel more than the Sox. But the Sox now have easily the best pen in the AL maybe the majors. That matters even more in the playoffs

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That's the right play. This is year 2 of a 5 year window, gotta get one ring in here somewhere

msgkings322

Throbbing Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 4,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Brothers, let us all rejoice in the downfall of the Cubs. Their reign of douchebaggery has come to an end. May they be cast to the sewers.
They are doing what the Sox did when they sold off Sale and everyone else. They did it right before and got a ring, they will be contenders again in 3-4 years

Jiddy

I wear my Meatball Badge with honor.
Hoopla Cash
$ 800.06
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Marks by mediots mean nothing. There's only 2 ways this trade works for us: (1) The 5-20 postseason innings Kimbrel gives us over the next 2 years are lights out...or (2) Nick Madrigal falls off a cliff. If both happen, it's "the greatest trade in Sox history." I'm not holding my breath on a guy that we had slated as our 2nd baseman for a half decade (who's dropping a 300+ batting average in his first 80 games at the MLB level) all of a sudden going down the sucktube. Soooo...Those 5-20 innings need to be f*cking killer. We'll see.