• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade deadline thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Probably some picks involved as well.

I know that Morey has been sending out the message that he wants an elite player in return but the reality is that there aren't that many of those and very few of them are even a possibility.

Dame is likely done for the season and hasn't looked right since the Olympics. He'll 32 years old in July and you have to ask yourself how much he has left in the tank. Small guards that rely on athleticism rarely play into their 30s and he's showing a lot of wear on the tread. Beal could potentially be available in the summer but there will be a lot of people in the mix for him and if you don't get him, then what?

If they want Harden and Harden wants to come to Philly, they can make that happen even if they move Simmons. Embiid is playing incredible basketball right now and the team is doing well but there is no way this team can get to the finals as constructed. While I don't think the Sixers should move Simmons just move him, I CAN see how Collins, Galo, and Bogdonavich would dramatically improve the team.
and no doubt having the 3 of them is better than the air they have now. you'd know better, but seems like those 3 would all be good fits with Embiid. Agree would take some picks for Morey to bite on that one.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cool...none of this has anything to do with you not understanding "would not win a title" does not = "as bad as the Pels".

Here is why you are an incredibly lame poster.

You are over-analyzing the hell out of 1 line from a post that you agreed with.

That line was clearly made for effect to embellish the point I was making about some of the Laker homers and their player evaluation.

Rewind 4 years ago, and many of the Laker fans here actually said they wouldn’t want LeBron James because it would stunt the growth of their prized young core.

So take LeBron out of it. Of course the Lakers would be better than the Pelicans with LeBron.

But what do you think attracted LeBron to LA in the first place?

If management said their plan was to resign Randle, then later Ball and Ingram with no plan to lure a 2nd star, do you think there is any chance LeBron goes there?

Or do you think he liked the idea of cap space in LA, with assets to deal for another star if they failed to sign one?

The fact that they renounced Randle, who was arguably their best player at the time, then later traded the rest for AD should pretty clearly demonstrate that LeBron wasn’t there to play with the Laker kids.

So yes, they would be the Pelicans without AD AND LeBron.

Damn you are a tedious SOB.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah but it seems Ingrams’ value is at its’ peak (so far in his career) and playing some great ball. Maybe a discount from Griff? Lol not sure they would have enough steam to pull it off without trading away all their depth which is a huge part of this team
I agree...it was tongue-in-cheek

i'm sure we have enough to get Ingram if we really wanted him but we'd be giving up someone we wouldn't want to part with.

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be surprised if that were to happen. They have a problem right now because Fox and Halliburton are stepping on each other. I think the Kings would prefer to move Fox but he's having an off year and his contract is tough. Hard to see the Kings moving BOTH Fox and Halliburton and the Sixers aren't even considering that deal without Halliburton.

I'm thinking this might be my preferred trade option..

View attachment 286767
I like this much better than the Kings deal you posted. Morey can justify taking back less value for Simmons because he gets out from under the Harris deal.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is why you are an incredibly lame poster.

You are over-analyzing the hell out of 1 line from a post that you agreed with.

That line was clearly made for effect to embellish the point I was making about some of the Laker homers and their player evaluation.

Rewind 4 years ago, and many of the Laker fans here actually said they wouldn’t want LeBron James because it would stunt the growth of their prized young core.

So take LeBron out of it. Of course the Lakers would be better than the Pelicans with LeBron.

But what do you think attracted LeBron to LA in the first place?

If management said their plan was to resign Randle, then later Ball and Ingram with no plan to lure a 2nd star, do you think there is any chance LeBron goes there?

Or do you think he liked the idea of cap space in LA, with assets to deal for another star if they failed to sign one?

The fact that they renounced Randle, who was arguably their best player at the time, later later traded the rest for AD should pretty clearly demonstrate that LeBron wasn’t there to play with the Laker kids.

So yes, they would be the Pelicans without AD AND LeBron.

Damn you are a tedious SOB.
Actually, what is most comical is I simply commented I agree with all but one thing you said (and pointed out what it was...not in a rude way at all) and instead of simply saying "yeah, you're right" you did what you do and didn't own your foolish comment. You then double down on your foolish comment with a couple "lame" attempts at a personal attack.

stopped reading after your second line, FYI.

This will be the last I say on the matter to you unless asked a direct question and I will save you from you as I know you are not capable of stopping on your own.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure.

But that is the point.

For years some of the Laker homers on here were touting how good their “young core” was and how they didn’t want to trade those guys away at any cost.

I don’t think LeBron would have gone to LA if he didn’t believe the Lakers were willing to make those types of trades to get to contender status.

Yeah, LeBron came first without any guarantee of a star running mate. But management correctly decides to deal those players for AD and get a title.

And now, @DJ is making the same mistake again in overvaluing a very mediocre prospect in THT.

Facts. THT at best is a rotation player

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, what is most comical is I simply commented I agree with all but one thing you said (and pointed out what it was...not in a rude way at all) and instead of simply saying "yeah, you're right" you did what you do and didn't own your foolish comment. You then raise it to a personal attack level (which I can deal with, FYI...happens in these forums) and double down on your foolish comment.

This will be the last I say on the matter to you unless asked a direct question and I will save you from you as I know you are not capable of stopping on your own.

You did though.

I was very cordial with my replies right up until you called my comment “absurd”.

Gloves come off at that point.

You keep it cordial I will too.

And maybe you should read it. Because your entire viewpoint is based off a set of assumptions you made regarding my meaning.

Last edited:

thunderc

Hoopla Cash
$ 142,300.77
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually, what is most comical is I simply commented I agree with all but one thing you said (and pointed out what it was...not in a rude way at all) and instead of simply saying "yeah, you're right" you did what you do and didn't own your foolish comment. You then double down on your foolish comment with a couple "lame" attempts at a personal attack.

Dude, just make an attempt not to be so literal all the time. It will serve you well.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I will save you from you as I know you are not capable of stopping on your own.

Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal

*takes a couple of deep breaths*

Happy Cracking Up GIF by Regal

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude, just make an attempt not to be so literal all the time. It will serve you well.
Dude if I ever made a foolish comment like that I'd expect to get called on it....and I'd own it then likely laugh about it.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dude if I ever made a foolish comment like that I'd expect to get called on it....and I'd own it then likely laugh about it.

Except you are the only one who thinks it is foolish.

It was 1 line to emphasize a point. You take that line out of context to create a stir.

It is what you do.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Except you are the only one who thinks it is foolish.

It was 1 line to emphasize a point. You take that line out of context to create a stir.

It is what you do.
Not taken out of context. It was foolish...you even tried to double down on it before playing the "I was joking and exaggerating" card.

It's what you do.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not taken out of context. It was foolish...you even tried to double down on it before playing the "I was joking and exaggerating" card.

It's what you do.

Thought you were done?

Guess not.

Whenever you hypertocus on 1 line of a much larger post, you are probably taking the quote out of context.

That is what taking something out of context means. Everyone here knows exactly what I was talking about in the post.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought you were done?

Guess not.
changed my mind. Guess I was wrong (see how easy that is?)

Here was my original comment on this....

"agree with all of that other than lakers being the Pels with all those guys as they'd still have Lebron. Maybe Griff can do the Cavs a solid and send Ingram our way before he gets canned? We might have an emerging superstar."

You then tried to refute this by saying no way the lakers win a championship without AD as though not winning a title = just like the Pels.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Thought you were done?

Guess not.

Whenever you hypertocus on 1 line of a much larger post, you are probably taking the quote out of context.

That is what taking something out of context means. Everyone here knows exactly what I was talking about in the post.
Could play that card had you not doubled down....but ya did.

Never mind it's totally untrue. Many offer lists of what they think about something and someone might disagree with 1 part of that list. Is there a set amount/percentage it has to be in your opinion? Had I disagreed with one other part of your comment then it was foolish?