• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade deadline thread

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
changed my mind. Guess I was wrong (see how easy that is?)

Here was my original comment on this....

"agree with all of that other than lakers being the Pels with all those guys as they'd still have Lebron. Maybe Griff can do the Cavs a solid and send Ingram our way before he gets canned? We might have an emerging superstar."

You then tried to refute this by saying no way the lakers win a championship without AD as though not winning a title = just like the Pels.
Part of the price of signing LeBron was knowing that they would trade those guys for a star like AD if the opportunity arose.

Without the AD trade they don’t win the championship. Might not even win a playoff series.

Since we are going back in time…

This was my full comment that you thought was so “absurd”.

Explaining why I don’t think they even get LeBron if they aren’t willing to trade those guys.

You can disagree and be petty all you want.

There are a lot of people here who I respect their opinions on basketball a great deal. You aren’t one of them.

You honestly don’t know enough about the game to call anyone’s opinions “absurd”.

I am done talking about this.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since we are going back in time…

This was my full comment that you thought was so “absurd”.

Explaining why I don’t think they even get LeBron if they aren’t willing to trade those guys.

You can disagree and be petty all you want.

There are a lot of people here who I respect their opinions on basketball a great deal. You aren’t one of them.

You honestly don’t know enough about the game to call anyone’s opinions “absurd”.

I am done talking about this.

Had you really just been exaggerating, know a reasonable person would have said? Would have said you were exaggerating. Hell, could even have made disparaging comments about me in the process if you wanted.

But that's not what you did. Your reply was to double down and add "not winning a title" = they are the Pels?

I did say from the beginning it's not like you'd own how absurd that was.....oops....sorry. Make it foolish.

Guess I should add I feel all empty inside now your vast experience with girls basketball makes you an expert in the NBA game, and because I disagreed with an absurd...damn....silly.....comment you made I'm just not on your level.

Maybe one day you will learn it's OK if someone disagrees with you. Hell, if we all agreed these threads would be boring.

Have a good night.

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Came across a post from a New York website the other day that proposed LeVert to the Knicks for Kemba, Obi Toppin, and a first.

I would do that trade...

Last edited:

HurricaneDij39

The Middle of Everywhere: NWI
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would trade Turner to Golden State if Kuminga was the headliner coming back.

Do not want Wiseman.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Came across a post from a New York website the other day that proposed LeVert to the Knicks for Kemba, Obi Toppin, and a first.

I would do that trade...

I think the Knicks probably would too.

Really not sure what they are trying to do though. No clear plan for them right now.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

I would do that trade...

I would imagine you would. The Knicks would be idiots to make that trade.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Really not sure what they are trying to do though. No clear plan for them right now.

Why would they do it? Levert is a nice player who is always hurt. Why would they give up a 1st AND a young player?

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,096.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Here is why you are an incredibly lame poster.

You are over-analyzing the hell out of 1 line from a post that you agreed with.

That line was clearly made for effect to embellish the point I was making about some of the Laker homers and their player evaluation.

Rewind 4 years ago, and many of the Laker fans here actually said they wouldn’t want LeBron James because it would stunt the growth of their prized young core.

So take LeBron out of it. Of course the Lakers would be better than the Pelicans with LeBron.

But what do you think attracted LeBron to LA in the first place?

If management said their plan was to resign Randle, then later Ball and Ingram with no plan to lure a 2nd star, do you think there is any chance LeBron goes there?

Or do you think he liked the idea of cap space in LA, with assets to deal for another star if they failed to sign one?

The fact that they renounced Randle, who was arguably their best player at the time, then later traded the rest for AD should pretty clearly demonstrate that LeBron wasn’t there to play with the Laker kids.

So yes, they would be the Pelicans without AD AND LeBron.

Damn you are a tedious SOB.
BOOM.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 12,096.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The Knicks need a PG.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Why would they do it? Levert is a nice player who is always hurt. Why would they give up a 1st AND a young player?

I don’t necessarily think they SHOULD do it.

But I do believe they would potentially give up assets to dump Kemba at this point.

Knicks being the Knicks would probably want to push for the playoffs. And if it meant giving a protected first and a middling prospect, yeah, I think they might do that.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I don’t necessarily think they SHOULD do it.

But I do believe they would potentially give up assets to dump Kemba at this point.

Knicks being the Knicks would probably want to push for the playoffs. And if it meant giving a protected first and a middling prospect, yeah, I think they might do that.

Kemba's contract isn't a huge albatross. In fact it will be an 8.5 million dollar expiring next year which has value.

They could make a move for Levert. But I don't see them giving up trade assets and a young player for a guy who hasn't played 50 games in 6 seasons.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Yes...probably could make that comment about them at nearly any time the last half decade or longer.

Would guess most here questioned all those moves in the offseason for big money. What did they really think their ceiling could be to spend so much?

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yes...probably could make that comment about them at nearly any time the last half decade or longer.

Would guess most here questioned all those moves in the offseason for big money. What did they really think their ceiling could be to spend so much?

It is what the Wizards and a few other teams have pretty much always done.

Spend money and invest on players that will make you a little bit better and get you to the playoffs.

Then your ceiling is maybe a 1st round playoff win and the down years you never really bottom out to get the high picks.

Basically the opposite of what they should be doing.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Kemba's contract isn't a huge albatross. In fact it will be an 8.5 million dollar expiring next year which has value.

They could make a move for Levert. But I don't see them giving up trade assets and a young player for a guy who hasn't played 50 games in 6 seasons.
Yeah, that seemed odd. Admittedly, when another Cavs fan said we should try to deal for him when Rubio went down I figured he was making $20-25 mil or more but you are correct.

If NY wants to move him I hope the cavs are talking to them, too. Someone who could help take pressure off Garland, reasonable deal and could be the backup PG next season if Rubio is gone.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

That is just it.

Depends on how they view Toppin.

Personally, I think LeVert has considerably more upside. So if they view LeVert as an asset, they might do a deal like that.

Again, not saying they should. Just is the type of deal I could see them doing.

And while Kemba isn’t making a lot of money, Thibs clearly doesn’t like him and he is a negative asset with a year left after this season.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It is what the Wizards and a few other teams have pretty much always done.

Spend money and invest on players that will make you a little bit better and get you to the playoffs.

Then your ceiling is maybe a 1st round playoff win and the down years you never really bottom out to get the high picks.

Basically the opposite of what they should be doing.
At least you had/have the Nats and some really good years from the Skins back in the day (and UVA).

I had some college roomies who are Met, Jet and Knick fans (but, true, they also have OSU). Detroit and Cleveland fans could laugh at them.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
At least you had/have the Nats and some really good years from the Skins back in the day (and UVA).

I had some college roomies who are Met, Jet and Knick fans (but, true, they also have OSU). Detroit and Cleveland fans could laugh at them.

Skins are a distant memory. Seems like so long ago.

And the futility that Snyder has brought just brings such a hopeless feeling.

On top of that, while I do adopt the Nats, they were the Expos when I was growing up in the DC area. Orioles were always my team back then.

And they suck miserably too!

But I am thankful for UVA.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah, that seemed odd. Admittedly, when another Cavs fan said we should try to deal for him when Rubio went down I figured he was making $20-25 mil or more but you are correct.

If NY wants to move him I hope the cavs are talking to them, too. Someone who could help take pressure off Garland, reasonable deal and could be the backup PG next season if Rubio is gone.
If Rubio is gone next season that's the only reason I look at Kemba. Right now, if they do make a move, it better be for a 2 guard that can spread the floor or a playmaker at the 2 or 3. I think Rondo and Goodwin can hold down the backup PG duties, of course unless another injury occurs