• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade deadline thread

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If Rubio is gone next season that's the only reason I look at Kemba. Right now, if they do make a move, it better be for a 2 guard that can spread the floor or a playmaker at the 2 or 3. I think Rondo and Goodwin can hold down the backup PG duties, of course unless another injury occurs
Rondo out again today. He also cannot shoot. Goodwin has looked decent in stretches, but not sure I want to rely on him in a big game. If I can get Kemba I'm doing it...doesn't mean I prefer him to a better player, though.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Rondo out again today. He also cannot shoot. Goodwin has looked decent in stretches, but not sure I want to rely on him in a big game. If I can get Kemba I'm doing it...doesn't mean I prefer him to a better player, though.
I mean they could use that DPE to acquire him and low salary. The #1 guy I would be looking at is Eric Gordon honestly.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That is just it.

Depends on how they view Toppin.

Personally, I think LeVert has considerably more upside. So if they view LeVert as an asset, they might do a deal like that.

Again, not saying they should. Just is the type of deal I could see them doing.

And while Kemba isn’t making a lot of money, Thibs clearly doesn’t like him and he is a negative asset with a year left after this season.

Lavert has some value but his inability to stay healthy really hurts his value. I could see the Knicks maybe offering a protected 1st OR Toppin. I have a hard time seeing them add both.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lavert has some value but his inability to stay healthy really hurts his value. I could see the Knicks maybe offering a protected 1st OR Toppin. I have a hard time seeing them add both.

I agree.

LeVert not worth both.

LeVert + moving off Kemba though?

Closer.

I definitely prefer Indiana’s side, but again, could see the Knicks doing it. Seems like a Knick move.

trojanfan12

R.I.P. Robotic Dreams. Fight On!
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,709.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

bam yes GIF

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I agree.

LeVert not worth both.

LeVert + moving off Kemba though?

Closer.

I definitely prefer Indiana’s side, but again, could see the Knicks doing it. Seems like a Knick move.

I disagree with you that moving off of Kemba is something the Knicks should be doing. What is the purpose of doing that? What are they going to do with that 8.5 million?

The only reason why he's even mentioned in the trade is to match contracts as Levert is getting paid 17 million. IMO, keeping Kemba's contract is much better than getting rid of it as it is an expiring mid level. Those have real value in the trade market.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I disagree with you that moving off of Kemba is something the Knicks should be doing. What is the purpose of doing that? What are they going to do with that 8.5 million?

The only reason why he's even mentioned in the trade is to match contracts as Levert is getting paid 17 million. IMO, keeping Kemba's contract is much better than getting rid of it as it is an expiring mid level. Those have real value in the trade market.

I have said like 3 times I don’t think they should do this trade. Just that I think they might consider a trade like it.

Maybe you disagree that you don’t think the Knicks are dumb enough to do this deal?

I do think they are dumb enough.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have said like 3 times I don’t think they should do this trade. Just that I think they might consider a trade like it.

Maybe you disagree that you don’t think the Knicks are dumb enough to do this deal?

I do think they are dumb enough.

I know you've said that.

I think the Knicks have shown themselves to be at least not stupid since the new regime came in.

mr.hockey4242

Hoopla Cash
$ 26,925.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Wolves need get Barnes.

End of story

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This is why they pay Woj the big bucks /s

He might be the only journalist who is willing to make such an obvious point. The rest of them seem more interesting it creating silly content speculating on the Lakers pulling a rabbit out of its hat.