• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade deadline thread

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
According to reports...the Sixers are NOT interested in prime Lebron James as the central return piece in a Ben Simmons trade.

This team is something else. Just keep Ben then lol
Fox is shooting .250 from 3 this year and like .315 for his career. Why are they gonna pair Embiid with a dude who can’t even shoot the 3 as well as Embiid does? The guys from Kings that fit the Sixers needs are Barnes and Halliburton. Shit, based on the step back Fox has had this year and the step forward from Maxey this year I’m not sure that in 2023-24 Maxey won’t be considered the better player. Sixers are looking to add to the team not create more problems.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is something else. Just keep Ben then lol

Fox makes no sense on the Sixers. He provides no perimeter shooting and is redundant to Maxey. Why would they make that deal.

The Fox contract is arguably a negative value right now with his play this year.

bksballer89

Most Popular Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 109,565.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fox makes no sense on the Sixers. He provides no perimeter shooting and is redundant to Maxey. Why would they make that deal.

The Fox contract is arguably a negative value right now with his play this year.

Im almost certain it wouldn't just be fox included

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Im almost certain it wouldn't just be fox included

Well maybe but he would be the centerpiece. Would the Kinds be willing to move Fox to take on Harris? That might work. But it would still mean they would be giving up Halliburton and Barnes and Hield.

CleanShot 2022-01-15 at 10.10.34@2x.png

fightinfunbags

Hoopla Cash
$ 4,063.50
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

And I don’t get how he fits with Embiid. Pick and roll? Pick and pop? I’d rather see them get a legit three level scorer that can operate on the other side of the floor if they want to double Embiid as well as play a two man game with Embiid.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You did.

It got you a title.

And all of those guys are on crappy teams because “good players” get you nowhere unless paired with superstars.

Lonzo is on a very good team as the 4th best player.

Lakers would be the Pelicans if they kept all those guys.

Saying you wouldn’t trade THT for a player like Reddish is insanity. Reddish is better today and has a much higher ceiling.

Like not even close.
agree with all of that other than lakers being the Pels with all those guys as they'd still have Lebron.

Maybe Griff can do the Cavs a solid and send Ingram our way before he gets canned? We might have an emerging superstar.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
agree with all of that other than lakers being the Pels with all those guys as they'd still have Lebron.

Maybe Griff can do the Cavs a solid and send Ingram our way before he gets canned? We might have an emerging superstar.
Yeah but it seems Ingrams’ value is at its’ peak (so far in his career) and playing some great ball. Maybe a discount from Griff? Lol not sure they would have enough steam to pull it off without trading away all their depth which is a huge part of this team

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well maybe but he would be the centerpiece. Would the Kinds be willing to move Fox to take on Harris? That might work. But it would still mean they would be giving up Halliburton and Barnes and Hield.

View attachment 286756
Yeah and no way that happens. I don’t see Fox as an option. Honestly, if the deal was for Fox or Haliburton I would take Haliburton and a filler over Fox and some nice assets attached. Haliburton is a baller

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Part of the price of signing LeBron was knowing that they would trade those guys for a star like AD if the opportunity arose.

Without the AD trade they don’t win the championship. Might not even win a playoff series.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Part of the price of signing LeBron was knowing that they would trade those guys for a star like AD if the opportunity arose.

Without the AD trade they don’t win the championship. Might not even win a playoff series.
OK? But Lebron joined the Lakers without knowing AD was coming and if they stayed healthy they are a tad better than the Pels.

Saying "don't win a championship" not the same as calling them the Pels.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Cool. But not winning a title if no AD does not = Pels. Not even close. Just an absurd comment...not that I'd expect you to own it.

Lebron, Ingram, Ball as a core might not win a playoff series? Keep digging that hole, my friend.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah and no way that happens. I don’t see Fox as an option. Honestly, if the deal was for Fox or Haliburton I would take Haliburton and a filler over Fox and some nice assets attached. Haliburton is a baller

I would be surprised if that were to happen. They have a problem right now because Fox and Halliburton are stepping on each other. I think the Kings would prefer to move Fox but he's having an off year and his contract is tough. Hard to see the Kings moving BOTH Fox and Halliburton and the Sixers aren't even considering that deal without Halliburton.

I'm thinking this might be my preferred trade option..

CleanShot 2022-01-15 at 12.45.59@2x.png

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
OK? But Lebron joined the Lakers without knowing AD was coming and if they stayed healthy they are a tad better than the Pels.

Saying "don't win a championship" not the same as calling them the Pels.

Sure.

But that is the point.

For years some of the Laker homers on here were touting how good their “young core” was and how they didn’t want to trade those guys away at any cost.

I don’t think LeBron would have gone to LA if he didn’t believe the Lakers were willing to make those types of trades to get to contender status.

Yeah, LeBron came first without any guarantee of a star running mate. But management correctly decides to deal those players for AD and get a title.

And now, @DJ is making the same mistake again in overvaluing a very mediocre prospect in THT.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Cool. But not winning a title if no AD does not = Pels. Not even close. Just an absurd comment...not that I'd expect you to own it.

Lebron, Ingram, Ball as a core might not win a playoff series? Keep digging that hole, my friend.

There you go again.

Your first reply was fine. Now you are showing your ass.

You don’t know anything about basketball man. Like really nothing. You got a basic understanding of stats and that is it.

So you should maybe pause before calling others comments “absurd”.

Just because you don’t agree does not make it absurd.

And the point is that LeBron did not go to LA to play 4 years with Lonzo Ball and Brandon Ingram.

If you think LeBron would be okay with that, it is you who is absurd.

Shanemansj13

Finger Poppin Dat Pussy
Hoopla Cash
$ 506.35
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would be surprised if that were to happen. They have a problem right now because Fox and Halliburton are stepping on each other. I think the Kings would prefer to move Fox but he's having an off year and his contract is tough. Hard to see the Kings moving BOTH Fox and Halliburton and the Sixers aren't even considering that deal without Halliburton.

I'm thinking this might be my preferred trade option..

View attachment 286767
I doubt that is enough for Morey though unless he loves Collins

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I doubt that is enough for Morey though unless he loves Collins

Probably some picks involved as well.

I know that Morey has been sending out the message that he wants an elite player in return but the reality is that there aren't that many of those and very few of them are even a possibility.

Dame is likely done for the season and hasn't looked right since the Olympics. He'll 32 years old in July and you have to ask yourself how much he has left in the tank. Small guards that rely on athleticism rarely play into their 30s and he's showing a lot of wear on the tread. Beal could potentially be available in the summer but there will be a lot of people in the mix for him and if you don't get him, then what?

If they want Harden and Harden wants to come to Philly, they can make that happen even if they move Simmons. Embiid is playing incredible basketball right now and the team is doing well but there is no way this team can get to the finals as constructed. While I don't think the Sixers should move Simmons just move him, I CAN see how Collins, Galo, and Bogdonavich would dramatically improve the team.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There you go again.

Your first reply was fine. Now you are showing your ass.

You don’t know anything about basketball man. Like really nothing. You got a basic understanding of stats and that is it.

So you should maybe pause before calling others comments “absurd”.

Just because you don’t agree does not make it absurd.

And the point is that LeBron did not go to LA to play 4 years with Lonzo Ball and Brandon Ingram.

If you think LeBron would be okay with that, it is you who is absurd.
Saying "not winning a championship" = "same as the Pels" is absurd, whether you want to own that or not.

Would you prefer kooky talk? Nuts? Way out there? Baseless?

This has nothing to do with whether Lebron "would be OK with that" either.

The fact you cannot see this kind of shows you might be the one who either knows nothing about basketball or just made an incredibly foolish comment and instead of just owning that comment is making more foolish comments.

You can choose. I happen to think you know about bball and it's the latter. A comment that foolish by you was a bit of a surprise. You not owning it was not.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sure.

But that is the point.

For years some of the Laker homers on here were touting how good their “young core” was and how they didn’t want to trade those guys away at any cost.

I don’t think LeBron would have gone to LA if he didn’t believe the Lakers were willing to make those types of trades to get to contender status.

Yeah, LeBron came first without any guarantee of a star running mate. But management correctly decides to deal those players for AD and get a title.

And now, @DJ is making the same mistake again in overvaluing a very mediocre prospect in THT.
cool...none of this has anything to do with you not understanding "would not win a title" does not = "as bad as the Pels".