• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade deadline approaches

Redsfan1507

It is what it is
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Lefty pitching is huge, against everyone. It's why I believe at least 1 LHSP is mandatory to win it all. However, even though we've had a couple right in front of our face, Dusty is stubborn about loyalties to other RHSP in post season. It's a foregone conclusion for me, that he isn't going to start one in post season, if he makes post season. Our ability to hit LHP is only half the equasion, and Dusty wont address the other half, even if Ludwick, Phillips and Frazier suddenly become lefty killers. Choo struggles there, and even though Bruce and Votto have done ok, it's not enough offense. Part of that, is we waste a couple of opportunities to score every game, without trying to advance runners via a bunt or steal. Every roster is limited, but Dusty further limits with his idiosyncratic philosophy. It's tough enough without any suicide by stupidity. I do get tired of always blaming it on needing another bat, when every time we get one, it still isn't enough. This team needs to improve, on the field and in the dugout, not necessarily in that order, but I've rarely seen a team so enthrall end with the status quo, when that has been short of winning a single playoff series.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This team is not going to make post-season at this pace.
They will be lucky if they win 85 games. I am seeing .500 as very likely.
Lose 2 out of 3 for the next 6 series and it's a 6-12 record ... that puts us about 4 over .500.
That's before the slump hits.

Tubbs1518

Hoopla Cash
$ 2,077.27
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Reds fans. No one thinks their team sucks faster than Reds fans.

JohnU

Aristocratic Hoosier
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Playing to the level of mediocre isn't acceptable when you come out of Goodyear with a team designed to win.

I ain't buying the injuries, maybe excepting Cueto. But getting beat 1-0 in 11 innings is pretty much not an indictment of Tony Cingrani ... 20 strikeouts in 11 innings, a team record.

This team is a .500 team. Yeah, I'd say that sucks.