• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Deadline 2020

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are you saying you showed us the story so we knew you did not agree with it?

Don’t really care what you think.
Point is/was that for the most part, most people in the business think that Riley is a bit sharper then your tool bfb @WiggyRuss.

Also, fun fact.
Whiteside is current league leader in blocks and 3rd in rebounding.

#timevindicates
#offended

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Point is/was that for the most part, most people in the business think that Riley is a bit sharper then your tool bfb @WiggyRuss.

Also, fun fact.

#timevindicates
#offended

Riley messes up, and messed up really badly with waiters and Johnson, but he also brilliantly fixed it. Both can be true.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Also, fun fact.

#timevindicates
#offended
nice deflection, but the question was did you show us a story - and the chess/checkers comment - so we knew you did not agree with it?

yes or no?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riley messes up, and messed up really badly with waiters and Johnson, but he also brilliantly fixed it. Both can be true.

I mean, if its a yes or no only question, then yes , he messed up.

But, to be fair, JJ was always decent when healthy and Dion had his good moments. He also had plenty of bad moments and just isn’t a Heat type player.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I mean, if its a yes or no only question, then yes , he messed up.

But, to be fair, JJ was always decent when healthy and Dion had his good moments. He also had plenty of bad moments and just isn’t a Heat type player.
Allegedly all about The Heat Way yet signed someone to a long deal "who isn't a Heat type player?"

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
nice deflection, but the question was did you show us a story - and the chess/checkers comment - so we knew you did not agree with it?

yes or no?

I agree that Riley is always playing chess. Totally agree with that.
As with anything, not every move works.
Bottom line is that he found a way to rid of every bad piece people here were ripping him for, as well as saying it couldn’t be done.

Plus, he did it while currently improving the team as well as increasing their chance for success in the future.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Allegedly all about The Heat Way yet signed someone to a long deal "who isn't a Heat type player?"

Live and learn.
Dion got a bit lazy after he got paid.
He played his ass of to position himself to get paid.
Thats Rileys fault?

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Bottom line is that he found a way to rid of every bad piece people here were ripping him for, as well as saying it couldn’t be done.

Plus, he did it while currently improving the team as well as increasing their chance for success in the future.

Yeah, paying Waiters and the Johnsons was brutal. But deftly dumped all of them without killing his future assets.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pretty sure one person said "it couldn't be done". The chess/checkers comment a bit out there as who knows how a 36-year-old fits in who as not played in 8 months and has played with pretty much the same core of teammates for the last 6 seasons. Not saying a bad deal, especially if Winslow would not be helping them this year, but chess/checkers?

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Live and learn.
Dion got a bit lazy after he got paid.
He played his ass of to position himself to get paid.
Thats Rileys fault?
Riley signed him and don't kid yourself others questioned that deal (as well as Johnson and Olynyk).

The Q

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Riley signed him and don't kid yourself others questioned that deal (as well as Johnson and Olynyk).

Yeah. All those deals were questioned at the time.

T Johnson one was a poison pill and the least criticized

shopson67

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
My guess is they go with Drummond and Love down low with TT coming off the bench. And you're right, this is shaping up to be an absolutely horrible draft. I think Wiseman could be good, but he's far from a sure thing.

I think Carey is being undervalued. Duke isn't using him like he played in high school; apparently he has legitimate 3 pt range and his pro game could resemble KAT's (for better or worse I guess, given his recent losing streak).

Across The Field

Oaky Afterbirth
Hoopla Cash
$ 24,656.63
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think Carey is being undervalued. Duke isn't using him like he played in high school; apparently he has legitimate 3 pt range and his pro game could resemble KAT's (for better or worse I guess, given his recent losing streak).
Honestly I don't know much about that guy, but it wouldn't be a shock. There are no sure things in this upcoming draft like we've seen in recent years.

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Do you think maybe, possibly its ok to move on?

Every move was made for a reason.
Not every move or reason works out.

In totality, Riley has brought about more fun and entertainment to the Heat fan base then anyone ever could have hoped for.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Do you think maybe, possibly its ok to move on?

Every move was made for a reason.
Not every move or reason works out.

In totality, Riley has brought about more fun and entertainment to the Heat fan base then anyone ever could have hoped for.
6 years into the rebuild. Props to him. He's decent. Never said otherwise. But checkers to chess?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
6 years into the rebuild. Props to him. He's decent. Never said otherwise. But checkers to chess?

Maybe you should email the writer of the article and tell him how butt hurt you are with his analogy?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

In 4 more seasons Cavs will still be a bottom feeder ( guaranteed), and nice try with 6 year spin on Heat.

And, no, not explaining it to you again.
Run with whatever you want.

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Maybe you should email the writer of the article and tell him how butt hurt you are with his analogy?
Butt hurt?

It's a comment I disagreed with. Happens a lot in sport forums. Guess this means you are butt hurt by my opinions. Feel free to send a message to my inbox telling me how butt hurt you are to talk through your issues.

Ya gotta love this forum.