• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Trade Deadline 2020

dtgold88

Hoopla Cash
$ 341.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Pat Riley did it again. He pulled off the unthinkable, and the Miami Heat just went from a fringe opponent in the Eastern Conference to a much more formidable contender this season. Riley, of course, traded Justise Winslow, Dion Waiters, and James Johnson to Memphis for Andre Iguodala, Jae Crowder, and Solomon Hill. More important, the team has positioned itself as a huge player in the 2021 free-agency period, when Milwaukee Bucks superstar Giannis Antetokounmpo will be up for grabs.

Riley once again proved he's playing chess while everyone else is playing checkers. Things might not always work out the way the Heat planned, but there is always a plan.

@WiggyRuss
#losthisfastball
#offended
Seems like might be a good deal, but only if Winslow is out. Player for player I'd rather have Winslow than Iggy at this point in careers. Yes, health big concern for Winslow, but what about Iggy being 36 and pretty much played with the same players for, what, 5-6 years+? Hill, Crowder, Johnson and Waiters you could pick out of a hat and it wouldn't matter all that much who you got.

Does it help them for the cap this year or 2021? Not sure, but the chess/checkers analogy is a bit out there without first seeing them play together.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@CitySushi @msgkings322

I am shaking my head at the Wiggins deal.

I don’t really get it.

Yes, Wiggins fits a lot better than Dlo. But I really thought they would use Dlo + their picks to land somebody a lot better than Wiggins.

It could work out brilliantly if their picks can quickly develop into quality rotation players. They could go from having to depth at all to having pretty substantial depth.

Yet still, I tend to think they could have done better because I see a more substantial value gap between Wiggins and DLo than what GS actually returned.

i said it before. Not getting culver or Covington is a massive fail. Massive.

They get a D at best for this trade.

maybe a B for the Glenn dog trade. He fit them better than Wiggins but would’ve cost their mle to keep him this summer. So I get moving him

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@CitySushi @msgkings322

I don’t really get it.

Yes, Wiggins fits a lot better than Dlo. But I really thought they would use Dlo + their picks to land somebody a lot better than Wiggins.

It could work out brilliantly if their picks can quickly develop into quality rotation players. They could go from having to depth at all to having pretty substantial depth.

Yet still, I tend to think they could have done better because I see a more substantial value gap between Wiggins and DLo than what GS actually returned.
I felt the same, initially.

But, Wiggins has the potential to be uber-Harrison Barnes-like.

All they need him to do is be their 4th best player, at best.

The pick is the real prize.

Minny will still be terrible and the next draft will be deeper.

Hypothetical....

Wizards continue to not be able to pull a rabbit outta there hat and decide to part with Beal...

Embiid and Simmons continue to not be able to coexist...

Bucks implode and do the unthinkable with Giannis...

Wiggins salary and those 2 picks can fetch a decent return.

The Q

Hoop’s Villain, Reality’s Hero
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hypothetical....

Wizards continue to not be able to pull a rabbit outta there that and decide to part with Beal...

not sure any of those happen soon enough for this draft. They need both their 2020 lotto pick and the minny 2021 picks to make it work

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@tlance

Our starting lineup will be ferocious.

Our closers will be dangerous.

You can't leave Lou, Klaw, George, Morris open, unless you want a needle in your eye and that leaves the paint wide open for Trezl.

I'd like another rim protector and a playmaker for our open roster spots.

But, I'm happy.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
not sure any of those happen soon enough for this draft. They need both their 2020 lotto pick and the minny 2021 picks to make it work
Maybe Philly...

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cousins is hurt.

there will be buyouts to replace those guys.

green is better than Bradley anyway.

and you shorten the bench come playoff time
Can we all just have a honest conversation about Danny Green?

He hasn't had a good year. Dude makes 15 mil and he's averaging 8 points on like 43 % shooting.

He started to age before our eyes in the playoffs last year.

The Dude that I wrongly criticized the most, Lowry, carried his weight on both ends of the court, in the Finals, not Green.

The fact that the Lakers have been winning has masked his ineffectiveness.

People Shit on Kuz. But, Danny has been ass too.

With that being said, the Knicks still should have done the deal because Dallas was taking Green.

Only thing that makes sense is the Knicks not wanting to add Kuzma to the Randle, Taj, Knox, Barrett gridlock.

Knox isn't good enough to warrant that type of consideration.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Can we all just have a honest conversation about Danny Green?

He hasn't had a good year. Dude makes 15 mil and he's averaging 8 points on like 43 % shooting.

He started to age before our eyes in the playoffs last year.

The Dude that I wrongly criticized the most, Lowry, carried his weight on both ends of the court, in the Finals, not Green.

The fact that the Lakers have been winning has masked his ineffectiveness.

People Shit on Kuz. But, Danny has been ass too.

With that being said, the Knicks still should have done the deal because Dallas was taking Green.

Only thing that makes sense is the Knicks not wanting to add Kuzma to the Randle, Taj, Knox, Barrett gridlock.

Knox isn't good enough to warrant that type of consideration.

Danny Green has been inconsistent as fuck this year. Just like a lot of the Lakers players not named Lebron or AD.

Which is what worries me most about the team: inconsistency.

Lebron leaves the floor and they don't have a good primary ball handler. Rondo has been absolute garbage and Caruso is more of a 2 guard.

Kuz has a stretch of 3 or 4 REALLY good games and then he's back to a 2-15 shooting performance.

They HAVE to do anything humanly possible to get Darren Collison or it'll be a second round playoff exit.

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.43
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That being said, mainly because of possible chemistry issues, i'm glad the Lakers didn't give 2/3 players up for Morris.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Danny Green has been inconsistent as fuck this year. Just like a lot of the Lakers players not named Lebron or AD.

Which is what worries me most about the team: inconsistency.

Lebron leaves the floor and they don't have a good primary ball handler. Rondo has been absolute garbage and Caruso is more of a 2 guard.

Kuz has a stretch of 3 or 4 REALLY good games and then he's back to a 2-15 shooting performance.

They HAVE to do anything humanly possible to get Darren Collison or it'll be a second round playoff exit.
Agree 100%.

Collison will address playmaking and outside shooting.

I honestly believe Kuz is pouting because he's on the bench and he keeps coming up in trade rumors.

I think with improved health, he will start scoring more consistently.

The more I think about it, the more I like Evan Turner for the LAKERS.

Dude is a pretty good playmaker from the wing and is getting bought out.

I'd also kick the tires on Batum if he gets bought out.

Collison and one of Jeff Green/ Turner/Bazemore and you guys are in good shape.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
That being said, mainly because of possible chemistry issues, i'm glad the Lakers didn't give 2/3 players up for Morris.
Dude is very volatile.

Yes, you could have used him.

The Celtics, Clippers, Rockets, and the last game against Philly , shows that multiple above average wings are your kryptonite.

But, his personality makes me nervous.

Your locker room is solid. You don't mess with that for a guy that won't put you over the top.

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
cousins is hurt.

there will be buyouts to replace those guys.

green is better than Bradley anyway.

and you shorten the bench come playoff time
I think the Lakers are holding onto Boogie in the hopes that he can be their ringer next year.

If he can get back to 70%, that's a helluva value for 3 mil a year.

If he can't get healthy, meh.

One year deal for 3 mil. Waive him...

Mecca

ClipGangOrDontBang
Hoopla Cash
$ 19,999.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
...am I the only one watching XFL?

TurnUpTheHeat

Hoopla Cash
$ 42,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Seems like might be a good deal, but only if Winslow is out. Player for player I'd rather have Winslow than Iggy at this point in careers. Yes, health big concern for Winslow, but what about Iggy being 36 and pretty much played with the same players for, what, 5-6 years+? Hill, Crowder, Johnson and Waiters you could pick out of a hat and it wouldn't matter all that much who you got.

Does it help them for the cap this year or 2021? Not sure, but the chess/checkers analogy is a bit out there without first seeing them play together.

My guess is that either Winslow is out for a while or the Heat did it as a 3 for 3 trade which made it worth it.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
@CitySushi @msgkings322

I don’t really get it.

Yeah it’s questionable for sure. There’s a few additional details that went into this just from trade value alone.

1) the warriors ducked the luxury tax after the trades. By ducking the luxury tax they can now use the 17M trade exception they got for iguodala in the off season. This is an additional asset that they wouldn’t have had if they kept D’Lo. The Warriors would have had to dump Looney and/or give away assets to get rid of Spellman and Evans.

2) the warriors started to sour on D’Lo. Not only was he reluctant to play off the ball which is essential to the system, he played no defense at all. But the biggest thing is given his health history he’s only played on 32 games all year. Draymond has played more this year than he had and he’s had a ton of wear and tear the last few years.

I think ultimately the Warriors felt by dealing him now there were additional advantages. They probably feel they can turn Wiggins around as well. I don’t think the Warriors wanted to go in to the off season with questions about what to do with D’Lo.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Hypothetical....

Wizards continue to not be able to pull a rabbit outta there hat and decide to part with Beal...

Minny still be terrible? How dare you! Next year is the year that KAT plays defense! Plus once we add Dragan Bender we are looking at 6 championships over the next 4 years minninum.

CitySushi

Andrew Wiggin's burner account
Hoopla Cash
$ 102,675.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Minny still be terrible? How dare you! Next year is the year that KAT plays defense! Plus once we add Dragan Bender we are looking at 6 championships over the next 4 years minninum.
What’s funny is I wanted the Warriors to take a flier this past off season on Bender. But now it’s more fun to talk crap about him. Wonder why.

Mebert

Not Mebert's Alt
Hoopla Cash
$ 22,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
What’s funny is I wanted the Warriors to take a flier this past off season on Bender. But now it’s more fun to talk crap about him. Wonder why.

Because everyone on the planet but 1 guy is stupid about basketball.