• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 25 teams (on either AP or Coaches) will not be ranked in final poll?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They lost 17 of 22 starters last year to season-ending injuries? Either you're a woefully enormous stretcher of the truth or Florida have the most inept strength and conditioning coach in Division I football.

I think Michigan will be in the Top 25 by season's end.

They lost 17, but someone pointed out earlier some were 2nd team and/or became starters after previous injuries.

Florida Gators injury report: Final 2013 season accounting has 23 players missing games - Alligator Army

However, check out the bottom and it shows missed snaps with has 28 other players and 20 of those it says were starters.

I agree, I think I'd be finding a new conditioning coach/program because that is crazy.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm guessing everyone is predicting that Mauk is going to be terrible. He did struggle in one of his scrimmages but he still could use some practice and the first 4 games are pretty much practice. They only have 4 games where they will probably be the underdog and I guess everyone is assuming that they'll lose them all.

I dont see Mizzu as a top 25 team.
1. Mauck - 51% comp vs 62% Franklin
2. 1000 rusher gone and Franklin was 3rd leading rusher w/ 635 yds
3. Top 3 WRs gone
4. 2 TOP pass rushers gone. that is 20% of their TFLs
5. 2 of top 3 tacklers at LB gone
6. 3 of the top 4 DBs gone

That is a lot of losses for a team like Mizzu to overcome. They arent Bama in terms of depth and recruiting.
7. Lost players that accounted for 45% of last years tackles on defense

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I dont see Mizzu as a top 25 team.
1. Mauck - 51% comp vs 62% Franklin
2. 1000 rusher gone and Franklin was 3rd leading rusher w/ 635 yds
3. Top 3 WRs gone
4. 2 TOP pass rushers gone. that is 20% of their TFLs
5. 2 of top 3 tacklers at LB gone
6. 3 of the top 4 DBs gone

That is a lot of losses for a team like Mizzu to overcome. They arent Bama in terms of depth and recruiting.
7. Lost players that accounted for 45% of last years tackles on defense
Murphy, Hansbrough and Sasser will contribute on offense but it all comes down to Mauk improving. Mauk was bad last year, as noted, and Mizzou still did well. If he improves then Mizzou will be fine on offense. DGB was the one player Mizzou needed to really stabilize everything so he'll be missed.

2 top pass rushers gone? Did you honestly know who Sam or Ealy were before last season? Do you know that we still have 2 solid pass rushers left and hopefully another year for our DTs to get better. LB was the weak part of the team last year so Ill wait in judgement for this year's group and the secondary will have issues but they seem to be doing fine in scrimmages.

If Mauk never gets above 60% or never figures out how to throw deep then the whole show implodes, though, and Mizzou likely tanks and isnt a top 50 team. Franklin was probably an average QB in terms of college play and his durability was a liability. Its actually been a few years since Mizzou has had stability at the QB position.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Murphy, Hansbrough and Sasser will contribute on offense but it all comes down to Mauk improving. Mauk was bad last year, as noted, and Mizzou still did well. If he improves then Mizzou will be fine on offense. DGB was the one player Mizzou needed to really stabilize everything so he'll be missed.
All true, but being the 4th/5th WR is a lot different than being a #1. 5 of the top 7 passer catchers are gone. Lets be honest it will be pretty surprising if there isnt a drop in production.

2 top pass rushers gone? Did you honestly know who Sam or Ealy were before last season? Do you know that we still have 2 solid pass rushers left and hopefully another year for our DTs to get better. LB was the weak part of the team last year so Ill wait in judgement for this year's group and the secondary will have issues but they seem to be doing fine in scrimmages.

Ray and Golden looked fine in the rotation, but again hard to predict things will be the same. Depth is a major concern here.

If Mauk never gets above 60% or never figures out how to throw deep then the whole show implodes, though, and Mizzou likely tanks and isnt a top 50 team. Franklin was probably an average QB in terms of college play and his durability was a liability. Its actually been a few years since Mizzou has had stability at the QB position.

I am not sure Franklin was an average QB. The guy averaged 6.5 yards per carry and over 60% of his passes. Healthy, he w He as a very solid QB. He did have issues staying on the field though. The biggest pt is that there are questions pretty much everywhere. Some will be answered positively and some will not. Lost 2 OL also, one was 2nd team All conference at LT. I think it is fair to predict that Mizzu will drop. I think best case is a team ranked around 20.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You didn't name anyone specific, you just named fans in general and fans in general are not exactly level headed about things. Maybe you know a fan who is secretly the most knowledgeable college football fan in the world, I don't know. I just know that fans in general are not any kind of authority on a topic like this and often place themselves at an extreme.

This is especially true after a run of success like Florida had. Everything they say will be in reference to the recent years. It's something that took Alabama over 10 years to get over after Bear died, and some might say even 20 or longer. I personally dread when Saban quits/leaves because it's going to be a hot mess for some years to come with the fanbase.

I have no idea how Florida will do. I know they have potential and the claims of Muschamp being a horrible coach is pretty much unfounded. Yeah Florida has struggled offensively, so what. It's his first head coaching job, there are bound to be some bumps. Especially since he was basically handed a huge mess that Urban Meyer created and then faked health problems to leave.

You didn't say reporters/writers before, you said fans as your appeal to authority logical fallacy. I'd love to see some articles about it. I don't keep up with Florida as I'm not a fan of Florida, so I'd love some ammo for week4.

It seems you do not talk to very many if any UF fans. They understood what was left when Meyer left. They understood all of that. Most are not and were not comparing the two eras.

Yes there will be bumps, but holy fuck you cannot change OCs every fucking year and expect the bumps to smooth out. Especially when you are meddling with the offense all the time.

As far as the reporters. Yes I did in my very first post to you. Post #35.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
It seems you do not talk to very many if any UF fans. They understood what was left when Meyer left. They understood all of that. Most are not and were not comparing the two eras.

Yes there will be bumps, but holy fuck you cannot change OCs every fucking year and expect the bumps to smooth out. Especially when you are meddling with the offense all the time.

Also post 61 on the reporter thing.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think best case is a team ranked around 20.
I think they'll be around 20 or out of the top 40. Not really much of a middle ground when Mizzou's teams are always Qb driven

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Is it ok to change OC every 2 years?

As for what Urbs left, again it's still expectations involved due to recent success. Was Bowden suddenly a crappy coach? Or was he a victim of his own success and the expectations he himself created?

Reporters - I'm sure you can link up some articles so I can see the validity of the complaints.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Is it ok to change OC every 2 years?

As for what Urbs left, again it's still expectations involved due to recent success. Was Bowden suddenly a crappy coach? Or was he a victim of his own success and the expectations he himself created?

Reporters - I'm sure you can link up some articles so I can see the validity of the complaints.

You did not answer my question. So I am going to assume that you in fact do not talk to UF fans or did when Muschamp took over. Every gator fan knew the cupboards were bare when Urban left. Hell most cfb fans knew that. I spoke with too many UF fans who stated that they knew it would take 4-5 yrs to get things back to what they were under Spurrier and Meyer. But after watching his meltdowns on the sideline, in interviews, and towards the crowd it all changed. His actions are what makes Gator fans question his ability. Also many Texas fans were absolutely ecstatic that Muschamp was hired by UF instead of staying around.

As far as Bowden he quit being the "Head Coach" in 2004. He became an administrator only. And I love what Bobby did and who he is as a person. But he made some grave errors as HC. He kept a DC around that no longer wanted to coach. Mickey Andrews resigned at the end of the season in 2006 to spend time with his 3 of his grandkids because he and his wife were raising them after their father committed suicide. Bobby talked him into staying around. And yes you could absolutely tell that Mickey did not want to be there and the defense suffered.

Then you have his hiring of his son as OC when Mark Richt went to UGA. Jeff Bowden was a good QB coach, but blew donkey balls as an OC. 7 years later and Jeff was FINALLY let go and Jimbo was hired, but not because of Bobby. He was forced to resign and the boosters bought out Jeff's contract after being SHUT OUT by WAKE FUCKING FOREST. Bobby is a great coach when he coached, but when he became an administrator the team went downhill.

As for the articles just go to GatorZone or Alligator Army and read them. Not going to waste my time looking them up just for you to come back and say they are only reporters. Sorry man, but I am out.

Last edited by a moderator:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You did not answer my question. So I am going to assume that you in fact do not talk to UF fans or did when Muschamp took over. Every gator fan knew the cupboards were bare when Urban left. Hell most cfb fans knew that. I spoke with too many UF fans who stated that they knew it would take 4-5 yrs to get things back to what they were under Spurrier and Meyer. But after watching his meltdowns on the sideline, in interviews, and towards the crowd it all changed. His actions are what makes Gator fans question his ability. Also many Texas fans were absolutely ecstatic that Muschamp was hired by UF instead of staying around.

As far as Bowden he quit being the "Head Coach" in 2004. He became an administrator only. And I love what Bobby did and who he is as a person. But he made some grave errors as HC. He kept a DC around that no longer wanted to coach. Mickey Andrews resigned at the end of the season in 2006 to spend time with his 3 of his grandkids because he and his wife were raising them after their father committed suicide. Bobby talked him into staying around. And yes you could absolutely tell that Mickey did not want to be there and the defense suffered.

Then you have his hiring of his son as OC when Mark Richt went to UGA. Jeff Bowden was a good QB coach, but blew donkey balls as an OC. 7 years later and Jeff was FINALLY let go and Jimbo was hired, but not because of Bobby. He was forced to resign and the boosters bought out Jeff's contract after being SHUT OUT by WAKE FUCKING FOREST. Bobby is a great coach when he coached, but when he became an administrator the team went downhill.

As for the articles just go to GatorZone or Alligator Army and read them. Not going to waste my time looking them up just for you to come back and say they are only reporters. Sorry man, but I am out.

I do not give a shit about Florida fans or what they think. At all. No, I do not talk to them about Florida football. In general, I do not care about Florida football either, I simply listed them as being a team that is likely to end up in the top25 by the end of the year.

Texas fans were only happy after the fact, they weren't happy at the time.

Of course Bowden made mistakes, that's the point. Saban makes them too. That doesn't mean they are bad coaches.

As for alligator army etc - the same ones that claimed that the only reason Alabama won in 2009 is because we got away with holding all game, and then highlighted film that showed the exact opposite? Oh yeah, now those guys are experts.

:lol:

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I do not give a shit about Florida fans or what they think. At all. No, I do not talk to them about Florida football. In general, I do not care about Florida football either, I simply listed them as being a team that is likely to end up in the top25 by the end of the year.

Texas fans were only happy after the fact, they weren't happy at the time.

Of course Bowden made mistakes, that's the point. Saban makes them too. That doesn't mean they are bad coaches.

As for alligator army etc - the same ones that claimed that the only reason Alabama won in 2009 is because we got away with holding all game, and then highlighted film that showed the exact opposite? Oh yeah, now those guys are experts.

:lol:

So the guys that report on UF every day and see many practices have no idea what they are seeing. Is that what you are telling me? I do not give a fuck about what posters on alligator army think. Read articles by Andy Hutchins. Some very level items he writes. He also has conversations via SBNation with Bud Elliot of Tomahawk Nation.

No offense, but if you are going to state a team is going to be good or a lot better should you not maybe, I don't know...READ UP ON THEM at minimum? Instead of just going by recruiting rankings and injuries from the previous season? Here I will help you out.

Here is an article from this week for you to peek at. If you want to.
Florida Gators fall practice takeaways: Storylines shaking out through 15 practices - Alligator Army

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the guys that report on UF every day and see many practices have no idea what they are seeing. Is that what you are telling me? I do not give a fuck about what posters on alligator army think. Read articles by Andy Hutchins. Some very level items he writes. He also has conversations via SBNation with Bud Elliot of Tomahawk Nation.

No offense, but if you are going to state a team is going to be good or a lot better should you not maybe, I don't know...READ UP ON THEM at minimum? Instead of just going by recruiting rankings and injuries from the previous season? Here I will help you out.

Here is an article from this week for you to peek at. If you want to.
Florida Gators fall practice takeaways: Storylines shaking out through 15 practices - Alligator Army

Oh, what I was talking about wasn't a poster, it was one of the people who wrote for them. It's been so long ago I don't directly remember which one it was, but it was on the RBR meltdown and pretty damn funny.

Bud Elliot is awesome, I like him a lot.

What in particular about that article is supposed to make me think something different? All teams have issues and weak points. Alabama's O-Line hasn't been winning people over in practice either, and I read the same general things about Alabama as well. Won't know until we play another team, but either our D-Line is like some kind of NFL D-Line, or our O-Line is going to be really really bad this year.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
In 2011(The worst year for Florida and best for Tennessee of those listed), the SEC had 9 teams with recruiting classes in the top25.

Kentucky had like the #22 ranked recruiting class last year.

Not sure what consistent has to do with anything.

You just said 20 isnt a good class. 1 year doesnt make it consistent.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You just said 20 isnt a good class. 1 year doesnt make it consistent.

It's not a good class in the SEC and the fact that Kentucky was able to do so proves it. It's a good class for Kentucky, but not even a top5 class for the SEC.

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

This is a great pt. As a Texas fan I am all too familiar with this issue. Scrambling in the dark for an offense is just a bad way to develop players. Mack did this at the end of his time at a Texas. Florida went from a spread team, to Weiss, to power game, to BSU offense, and now back to spread from what I have read. It's just bad for the players. You recruit to scheme, but when you switch offensive philosophies it creates holes and poor schematic fits with personnel. All that said Florida's biggest issue seems to be the offensive line. Until that is developed the scheme won't matter

mutiger

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its amazing how people keep talking about all the players that Mizzou lost (it happens to most teams every year in college football). Mizzou played a lot of players last year…..not just their starters. Mizzou's DL will be BETTER this year, its loaded. Mizzou's OL is solid. Mauk will be a better QB than Franklin. Mizzou's back up RB's avg 6.5 and 6.0 ypc last year. BTW- Morgan Steward is going to be a good one. Nobody knew who Mizzou's WRs were going to be a few years ago and Franklin threw the ball to everybody. Sasser, White, Hunt are going to be solid….especially with the running game being good.

Mizzou has more depth and speed at LB and the Secondary. The lost of EJ Gaines is big….but Penton started 2 games last year when he went down injury and played in all others. Gibson played a lot last year as well…..Braylon Webb is one of the best Safties in SEC. Durron Singleton looked really good until he was slowed by injury late last year.

I love people sleeping on Mizzou every year, then go out and prove you wrong.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Its amazing how people keep talking about all the players that Mizzou lost (it happens to most teams every year in college football). Mizzou played a lot of players last year…..not just their starters. Mizzou's DL will be BETTER this year, its loaded. Mizzou's OL is solid. Mauk will be a better QB than Franklin. Mizzou's back up RB's avg 6.5 and 6.0 ypc last year. BTW- Morgan Steward is going to be a good one. Nobody knew who Mizzou's WRs were going to be a few years ago and Franklin threw the ball to everybody. Sasser, White, Hunt are going to be solid….especially with the running game being good.

Mizzou has more depth and speed at LB and the Secondary. The lost of EJ Gaines is big….but Penton started 2 games last year when he went down injury and played in all others. Gibson played a lot last year as well…..Braylon Webb is one of the best Safties in SEC. Durron Singleton looked really good until he was slowed by injury late last year.

I love people sleeping on Mizzou every year, then go out and prove you wrong.

Huh???? MIZZWHO hasn't won an outright conference title since 1960, has never won a NC and the last major bowl game they played in was the '72 Fiesta Bowl. How has MIZZWHO proven people wrong? Although I do give MIZZWHO credit for almost winning the SEC in their 2nd year and proving how overhyped that conference is.