• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 25 teams (on either AP or Coaches) will not be ranked in final poll?

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I would say decent schedule. Iowa has an easy schedule. But Ohio State did avoid West's top 3 teams.

With a red shirt frosh. QB the two games that worry me are @ PSU & @ MSU. Although at least by the time the PSU game gets here Barrett will have had 6 starts under his belt.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I think people have been optimistic about Mizzou exactly once since Ive been watching football and yet the manage to do ok

I was optimistic on Mizzou from about 06 on. 09 11 and were about what i though. I didnt see them falling off that much when they joined the SEC. and didnt see that big of an improvement going into last season. 12-2 last year they are looking at about 8-4 this year in my opinon. not bad but not real good either.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? look at the schedule and tell me you put money for them to win on more than 7 of those games.
Idaho W
Eastern Mich W
Kentucky W
Alabama L
Tenn crap shoot should be W
LSU L
Missouri W (benefit of the doubt I'm not big in Mizzou this year either)
UGA L
Vandy W
South Carolina L
E Kentucky W
Fl St L

Tell me where I am wrong.

All those games with a L are winnable, and it only takes 1 out of the 5 to happen. Tennessee beat South Carolina last year for example.

Plus, 7-5 on that schedule + bowl game win = Top25.

Wamu

whats-a-matta-u?
Hoopla Cash
$ 420.04
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
there are only a couple games I would now call questions that weren't before.
With Miller I woulndt have but maybe 1. Michigan State.
now VT, Cinci, Penn St, Mich all become ? until we see what Barrett can do and who else is going to step up.

I agree about the PSU & MSU games. As far as VT & Cincy don't know how good either team is heading into the season, but neither can be overlooked. While Miller can't be replaced the entire team needs to step up. It's gonna be a long season if Barrett stinks the place up & Navy pulls off the shocker.

bamabear82

I ♥ t-baggin
Hoopla Cash
$ 709.73
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Really? look at the schedule and tell me you put money for them to win on more than 7 of those games.
Idaho W
Eastern Mich W
Kentucky W
Alabama L
Tenn crap shoot should be W
LSU L
Missouri W (benefit of the doubt I'm not big in Mizzou this year either)
UGA L
Vandy W
South Carolina L
E Kentucky W
Fl St L

Tell me where I am wrong.

There is no right or wrong answer aside from the fact you can't base this years team off last years team. With all the injuries en sech they had, they could just as easily win 10+ games and be in the SEC CG as they could win 7 or less, much like awwbun of last year. It looks like they'll actually be running the kind of offense their players were recruited for too and there's no doubt their D will be stout as usual.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but not even all the W are guaranteed either. Vandy beat them last season and maybe Im wrong about Mizzou. Hell Florida lost to and FCS team last season so who knows.

And No there has been 1 8-5 ranked team after bowls in the last 5 years so that wouldnt =top 25

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was optimistic on Mizzou from about 06 on. 09 11 and were about what i though. I didnt see them falling off that much when they joined the SEC. and didnt see that big of an improvement going into last season. 12-2 last year they are looking at about 8-4 this year in my opinon. not bad but not real good either.
8-4 would probably get them 3rd in the SEC 'other' division which is roughly what most people are predicting. The first season in the SEC was marred with tons of injuries while other teams got injured last year.

Ohio Sts rank is going to fall even if they win because they lost their best player. I could also see a team like Stanford falling due to being ranked on what they did in previous years and being in a fairly deep conference.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
There is no right or wrong answer aside from the fact you can't base this years team off last years team. With all the injuries en sech they had, they could just as easily win 10+ games and be in the SEC CG as they could win 7 or less, much like awwbun of last year. It looks like they'll actually be running the kind of offense their players were recruited for too and there's no doubt their D will be stout as usual.

based on my arguements would you say Im dumb though?

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Gotta get back to work. Im out for now

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
but not even all the W are guaranteed either. Vandy beat them last season and maybe Im wrong about Mizzou. Hell Florida lost to and FCS team last season so who knows.

The dumb part is that you are basing your opinion on the team Florida had last year. Maybe Florida ends up 7-5 this year, but it won't be because of what they did last year. Again, there is no team in the country that can lose 17 starters for the season and do well. Not even Alabama who has probably one of the deepest teams in the country.

And No there has been 1 8-5 ranked team after bowls in the last 5 years so that wouldnt =top 25
#24 Michigan 8-5 2012

Codaxx

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

-
I was on the Florida turnaround for a bit. The offense can't get worse, right? I dont think it can, but Florida was beyond terrible on offense last year. OLine was brutal to go along with awful QB play. They lost 2 3 year starters on that OL and 2 other contributors. That gives me some pause on the upside of that unit. Given the schedule this is likely a 6-8 win team. I really wonder what happens if they lose a couple games, does Muschamp become a lame duck? do they roll over?

963BUSC

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dropouts

USC, Notre Dame, Ole Miss, Kansas State, Mizzou

Late entries

Iowa, UCF, Marshall, Cincinnati, Boise State,

Are these late entries because they are under ranked currently or do you just think that they'll end up ranked at year end due to an easy schedule producing a lot of wins? Cause I don't think any school you have in your late entry would be favored on current rosters against any team you have in the Drop out section.

iowajerms

Hoopla Cash
$ 29,091.39
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Are these late entries because they are under ranked currently or do you just think that they'll end up ranked at year end due to an easy schedule producing a lot of wins? Cause I don't think any school you have in your late entry would be favored on current rosters against any team you have in the Drop out section.

Schedule mostly. Iowa does have a lot of experience and might be favored vs Missouri and K-State. But I don't think Iowa would be ranked if they played Ohio State, Michigan State, and Penn State.

I also predicted Boise State to beat Ole Miss.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They lost 17 starters to season ending injuries last year is what most people don't realize. They have the potential to do what Auburn did last year because they have still been recruiting well and have a ton of talent.

Actually it was 9 starters and 17 on the two deep. Even with that their OL reports from camp this year are horrible. Even the most avid gator reporters and fans are saying they are looking like shit. Too many unknowns on offense for the Gators. But since they are in the SEC they will be ranked.

occupant

Resident Inhabitant and nerve striker
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,345.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Florida should be ranked by the end of the year.

will-muschamp-excited.jpg

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Actually it was 9 starters and 17 on the two deep. Even with that their OL reports from camp this year are horrible. Even the most avid gator reporters and fans are saying they are looking like shit. Too many unknowns on offense for the Gators. But since they are in the SEC they will be ranked.

Alabama OL is reportedly looking like crap this year too.

:noidea:

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
A lot of times looking like crap is relative to how they looked previously.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The dumb part is that you are basing your opinion on the team Florida had last year. Maybe Florida ends up 7-5 this year, but it won't be because of what they did last year. Again, there is no team in the country that can lose 17 starters for the season and do well. Not even Alabama who has probably one of the deepest teams in the country.

#24 Michigan 8-5 2012

Im basing it not on the team from last year but the amount of improvement that should be expected. Even with marked improvement Alabama, LSU, UGA, SC and Florida St all still seem better.