• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 25 teams (on either AP or Coaches) will not be ranked in final poll?

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Who cares why he went 11-2, offense or defense? Alabama won the NC in 2009 because of defense. Blew out LSU and Notre Dame because of defense. Hell, that they are a defensive team is actually MORE reason to think they will do well considering the state of their offense and that it's not likely to be world beaters.

I'm hoping we shut them out when we play them.

As for Florida fans - BFD. People are negative about their coach after a losing season, nothing new at all. Hell I can right now find "many" fans who are high and low on Alabama. That's just the way it is. If they start winning, all a sudden those same fans will be in line to suck him off. As Saban would say, it's always conditional love from fans, and that condition is winning.

They were negative about him during EVERY season including the 11-2 season. THey do not like his temper and attitude towards the players. Especially during a GAME! They also notice his fucking around with the offense every year. He does not have the people to run the offense he actually wants to run, but yet for 3 years he tried to run it. That shows a lack of leadership on his part. Then there is the whole 1 win versus Miami, FSU, and UGA. Not a good statistic by any means.

If you think they are going to be remarkably better that is fine. I just see their huge fucking flaws in what they MUST have to be remarkably better. They have zero depth on the OL, no real good WRs, a QB who is unstable as hell. The one thing on offense they have are RBs. But they can only take you so far when your OL is in question even by the very people who are reporting and have been for DECADES!

We shall see. It matters not to me. Come November all that matters is FSU winning against them again.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They were negative about him during EVERY season including the 11-2 season. THey do not like his temper and attitude towards the players. Especially during a GAME! They also notice his fucking around with the offense every year. He does not have the people to run the offense he actually wants to run, but yet for 3 years he tried to run it. That shows a lack of leadership on his part. Then there is the whole 1 win versus Miami, FSU, and UGA. Not a good statistic by any means.

If you think they are going to be remarkably better that is fine. I just see their huge fucking flaws in what they MUST have to be remarkably better. They have zero depth on the OL, no real good WRs, a QB who is unstable as hell. The one thing on offense they have are RBs. But they can only take you so far when your OL is in question even by the very people who are reporting and have been for DECADES!

We shall see. It matters not to me. Come November all that matters is FSU winning against them again.

Sounds like you are talking about Saban.

I don't know how good Florida will be this year. I just know they have a ton of potential and they should be greatly improved.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Sounds like you are talking about Saban.

I don't know how good Florida will be this year. I just know they have a ton of potential and they should be greatly improved.
Key difference. Saban allows his OC to be the OC. Saban gives the vision for the offense, but the OC is the one making the calls. Muschamp gives the vision and makes the damn calls. He should stick to defense and leave the offense to those who know it better. That is my take.

And yes they have potential like many teams do. The problem like I stated earlier is you can have all the athletes, but when the coaching is holding them back that talent and potential is negated.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Key difference. Saban allows his OC to be the OC. Saban gives the vision for the offense, but the OC is the one making the calls. Muschamp gives the vision and makes the damn calls. He should stick to defense and leave the offense to those who know it better. That is my take.

And yes they have potential like many teams do. The problem like I stated earlier is you can have all the athletes, but when the coaching is holding them back that talent and potential is negated.

We are pretty sure Saban has from time to time had to tell the OC what to do, especially Nuss. And other times we wished he would have more often, especially Nuss.

It seems to me the problem with the Florida offense is he doesn't run the same type of offense Urban did, and in general needs different types of players. Throw in the problems and kind of issues Urban left, and I don't believe he's done that bad. It is obvious with them hiring him that Florida wants to play more of a power football type program and that takes a bit of time. Saban went 7-6 and lost to La Monroe his first year, and that is after taking over a program that was already pretty much the type of football he plays.

The claims of Muschamp holding them back seems to be nothing more than you being a FSU fan.

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
We are pretty sure Saban has from time to time had to tell the OC what to do, especially Nuss. And other times we wished he would have more often, especially Nuss.

It seems to me the problem with the Florida offense is he doesn't run the same type of offense Urban did, and in general needs different types of players. Throw in the problems and kind of issues Urban left, and I don't believe he's done that bad. It is obvious with them hiring him that Florida wants to play more of a power football type program and that takes a bit of time. Saban went 7-6 and lost to La Monroe his first year, and that is after taking over a program that was already pretty much the type of football he plays.

The claims of Muschamp holding them back seems to be nothing more than you being a FSU fan.

Not being a "FSU Fan" at all. Man a lot of Gator fans see and feel the same way I do. I said he does not have the athletes and players for the type of offense he wants to run. I also said his meddling in the offense all the time is a problem. He holds them back as far as the last part.

And yes HCs DO from time to time tell the OC what they want run, but not on an every down basis as Muschamp does. That is the key difference. He has never allowed any OC to do his job and put the offense in. He also keeps changing offenses. YOu cannot have a vision of the offense you want and change it every year. That is not going to breed success. YOu cannot fire every OC you hire because the results are not there. As you said it takes time and it seems that Muschamp is not willing to give it the requisite time.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Not being a "FSU Fan" at all. Man a lot of Gator fans see and feel the same way I do. I said he does not have the athletes and players for the type of offense he wants to run. I also said his meddling in the offense all the time is a problem. He holds them back as far as the last part.

And yes HCs DO from time to time tell the OC what they want run, but not on an every down basis as Muschamp does. That is the key difference. He has never allowed any OC to do his job and put the offense in. He also keeps changing offenses. YOu cannot have a vision of the offense you want and change it every year. That is not going to breed success. YOu cannot fire every OC you hire because the results are not there. As you said it takes time and it seems that Muschamp is not willing to give it the requisite time.

Look, I do not give a shit what Florida fans think. Fans are stupid, they don't know wtf they are talking about and are emotionally charged a large majority of the time. I don't give a shit what Harvey Updyke thinks about Saban, our program, what it needs to do, etc. I hear shit from Alabama fans all the time that makes me /facepalm and I seriously doubt Florida is any different. Some fans are always over optimistic and upbeat about everything, some fans are the completely opposite and want to fire a coach over a single loss. So please stop trying to bring Florida fans in this as some kind of authority on the topic.

And I'm pretty sure you are completely exaggerating the stuff about Muschamp to the point of contradicting yourself.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
2013 - #24
2012 - #20
2011 - #14
2010 - #9

vs

2013 - #3
2012 - #4
2011 - #11
2010 - #1

And I know someone high enough in the Tennessee AD that they are in the "war room" on NSD, and they are all extremely excited right now about the future.

I wasnt arguing that Tennessee had better classes but a school like Tenn that has 4 top 25 classes. 2 top 15 classes and one of them a top 10 then one would thing they would be doing better than 5-7, 5-7, 5-7, 6-7

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wasnt arguing that Tennessee had better classes but a school like Tenn that has 4 top 25 classes. 2 top 15 classes and one of them a top 10 then one would thing they would be doing better than 5-7, 5-7, 5-7, 6-7

Top25 recruiting doesn't mean shit in the SEC because there are probably 8 or 9 SEC teams with better recruiting classes. This isn't the Pac12 that only has 1 or 2 schools that can recruit decently.

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Top25 recruiting doesn't mean shit in the SEC because there are probably 8 or 9 SEC teams with better recruiting classes. This isn't the Pac12 that only has 1 or 2 schools that can recruit decently.

so Florida having good classes means they should be able to turn it around but Tennessee having good classes even though they arent quite as strong doenst matter? got it. of those 8 or 9 all are pretty well consistently in the upper half except Tenn. of those 8 or 9 most are ranked each year except Tenn.

also as for the pac recruiting USC, Oregon, Stanford, UCLA, UW have all been recruiting pretty consistent

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
so Florida having good classes means they should be able to turn it around but Tennessee having good classes even though they arent quite as strong doenst matter? got it. of those 8 or 9 all are pretty well consistently in the upper half except Tenn. of those 8 or 9 most are ranked each year except Tenn.

also as for the pac recruiting USC, Oregon, Stanford, UCLA, UW have all been recruiting pretty consistent

20th+ ranked recruiting class is not considered good in the SEC. This isn't the Pac12.

brin3535

moose twit!
Hoopla Cash
$ 955.19
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Schedule mostly. Iowa does have a lot of experience and might be favored vs Missouri and K-State. But I don't think Iowa would be ranked if they played Ohio State, Michigan State, and Penn State.

I also predicted Boise State to beat Ole Miss.

Have you seen Missouri's schedule? I dont think you have.

TexasExes98

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Dropping out: A&M, Ole Miss, MIZZOU, UDUB, K-State, Baylor, Nebraska, Notre Dame

In: Okie jr, Michigan, Texas, UCF, Iowa, WVU, PSU, Va Tech

Olyduck

Fast Hard Finish
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,704.55
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
20th+ ranked recruiting class is not considered good in the SEC. This isn't the Pac12.

Oh then SEC only has about 6 consistent teams recruiting

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Oh then SEC only has about 6 consistent teams recruiting

In 2011(The worst year for Florida and best for Tennessee of those listed), the SEC had 9 teams with recruiting classes in the top25.

Kentucky had like the #22 ranked recruiting class last year.

Not sure what consistent has to do with anything.

ElTexan

Board Chancellor Emeritus
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
TAMU... if you didn't answer this... stop posting on this forum... in fact, stop watching CFB... go eat some pudding and play solitaire.

Last edited by a moderator:

FSUmanager

FeartheSpear
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Look, I do not give a shit what Florida fans think. Fans are stupid, they don't know wtf they are talking about and are emotionally charged a large majority of the time. I don't give a shit what Harvey Updyke thinks about Saban, our program, what it needs to do, etc. I hear shit from Alabama fans all the time that makes me /facepalm and I seriously doubt Florida is any different. Some fans are always over optimistic and upbeat about everything, some fans are the completely opposite and want to fire a coach over a single loss. So please stop trying to bring Florida fans in this as some kind of authority on the topic.

And I'm pretty sure you are completely exaggerating the stuff about Muschamp to the point of contradicting yourself.

So the people that see and watch his actions are to be discounted? Got it. Man I am not sure why you are looking at 1 season and recruiting rankings only instead of the stuff he has done wrong, but whatever. UF is in the SEC with good recruiting rankings therefore they should turn around easily. That is your entire point. Got it.

Just a little info not only fans, but the reporters who have been around UF for decades have said the same things, but I know what your response will be. What do writers know? You seem to be wishing UF turns around without looking at their problems. Bso why should I take you seriously? You know since you are just a fan and all.

Chasin' Utleys

Uber Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
They lost 17 starters to season ending injuries last year is what most people don't realize. They have the potential to do what Auburn did last year because they have still been recruiting well and have a ton of talent.

They lost 17 of 22 starters last year to season-ending injuries? Either you're a woefully enormous stretcher of the truth or Florida have the most inept strength and conditioning coach in Division I football.

I think Michigan will be in the Top 25 by season's end.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So the people that see and watch his actions are to be discounted? Got it. Man I am not sure why you are looking at 1 season and recruiting rankings only instead of the stuff he has done wrong, but whatever. UF is in the SEC with good recruiting rankings therefore they should turn around easily. That is your entire point. Got it.

Just a little info not only fans, but the reporters who have been around UF for decades have said the same things, but I know what your response will be. What do writers know? You seem to be wishing UF turns around without looking at their problems. Bso why should I take you seriously? You know since you are just a fan and all.

You didn't name anyone specific, you just named fans in general and fans in general are not exactly level headed about things. Maybe you know a fan who is secretly the most knowledgeable college football fan in the world, I don't know. I just know that fans in general are not any kind of authority on a topic like this and often place themselves at an extreme.

This is especially true after a run of success like Florida had. Everything they say will be in reference to the recent years. It's something that took Alabama over 10 years to get over after Bear died, and some might say even 20 or longer. I personally dread when Saban quits/leaves because it's going to be a hot mess for some years to come with the fanbase.

I have no idea how Florida will do. I know they have potential and the claims of Muschamp being a horrible coach is pretty much unfounded. Yeah Florida has struggled offensively, so what. It's his first head coaching job, there are bound to be some bumps. Especially since he was basically handed a huge mess that Urban Meyer created and then faked health problems to leave.

You didn't say reporters/writers before, you said fans as your appeal to authority logical fallacy. I'd love to see some articles about it. I don't keep up with Florida as I'm not a fan of Florida, so I'd love some ammo for week4.

Clayton

Hoopla Cash
$ 9,000.59
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Have you seen Missouri's schedule? I dont think you have.
I'm guessing everyone is predicting that Mauk is going to be terrible. He did struggle in one of his scrimmages but he still could use some practice and the first 4 games are pretty much practice. They only have 4 games where they will probably be the underdog and I guess everyone is assuming that they'll lose them all.