• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Draft tonight picking 3

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I am picking 3rd in my main money league tonight.

It is a 14 team keeper PPR league with 1 point for every 15 yards, so scoring favors pass catchers even more.

I am already keeping Etienne, Mattison and Ridley in later rounds. Most teams either have no keepers, or mostly irrelevant ones.

I am assuming Jefferson will be gone. If not, he will be an easy pick.

I’m not taking CMac. Worried about workload and have Ekeler ranked higher.

So the decision will likely come down between:

Ekeler
Chase
Kelce

I think Ekeler is the best player. However, taking Ekeler would basically prevent me from taking another RB in rounds 2 and 3 when I suspect a couple values I like to be had.

Kelce offers the greatest positional advantage and allows me flexibility in subsequent rounds.

Is it a mistake to pass on Ekeler/Chase to take Kelce in this spot? Or does it make sense given what I already have.

femurov

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,138.34
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are asking the wrong person. I will take bench RBs that I like over starters at any other position and won't think twice about it. Keeping Etienne and Mattison and taking Ekeler in the 1st would not stop me from grabbing a RB in the 2nd and 3rd that I like. Especially if there are active owners that like to make deals.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You are asking the wrong person. I will take bench RBs that I like over starters at any other position and won't think twice about it. Keeping Etienne and Mattison and taking Ekeler in the 1st would not stop me from grabbing a RB in the 2nd and 3rd that I like. Especially if there are active owners that like to make deals.

Trades are pretty hard to execute in this league

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sold on Mattison.
He might transition smoothly? But imo there seems to be a bump when a good RB hands over the reins to the next guy.

CMC is on an offense that had the 5th most rushing TD. Ekeler's offense ranked 28th in rushing TD. Shanny lives to run.

But you are the master.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I'm not sold on Mattison.
He might transition smoothly? But imo there seems to be a bump when a good RB hands over the reins to the next guy.

CMC is on an offense that had the 5th most rushing TD. Ekeler's offense ranked 28th in rushing TD. Shanny lives to run.

But you are the master.

I’m not either.

But as an RB3/Flex in a 14 team league I like him.

And Kelce scored 90 more points than TE2 in this format last year.

There is a case to be made for him at number 1 considering how weak the rest of the field is

TREFF

Fantasy Football Guru--??
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't pass on Chase to take Kelce.

I just don't see anything close to a repeat of Kelce being THAT much more productive than the next 4 TE's to make taking him be that advantageous.
Between QB injuries, injuries to the TE's themselves, and even a mid-season trade, plenty of reasons why those guys couldn't hang with Kelce. Most of which aren't likely to be the case again this year

Draft Crazy

Supporting Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 56,911.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have picked 2nd and 7th in my mocks this year.

I like Olave and Etienne in Round 2 depending on if you go WR or RB with your first pick.

My two drafts have been

Tyreek Hill/Travis Etienne
Christian McCaffrey/ Chris Olave

Then again I am also huge fans of Etienne and Olave from being huge fans of them in college but I think if you pick in that area they are fine round 2 picks and set up your draft pretty well.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have picked 2nd and 7th in my mocks this year.

I like Olave and Etienne in Round 2 depending on if you go WR or RB with your first pick.

My two drafts have been

Tyreek Hill/Travis Etienne
Christian McCaffrey/ Chris Olave

Then again I am also huge fans of Etienne and Olave from being huge fans of them in college but I think if you pick in that area they are fine round 2 picks and set up your draft pretty well.

I don’t think you read my OP.

I already have Etienne, Mattison and Ridley as keepers in a deep league were there are very few quality keeper eligible players.

Which is why I think Kelce could set up my roster better than a top WR/RB

I realize most aren’t sold on Mattison, but Ridley and Etienne in rounds 7 and 9 give me a huge advantage.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

It is a 14 team keeper PPR league with 1 point for every 15 yards, so scoring favors pass catchers even more.

I am already keeping Etienne, Mattison and Ridley in later rounds. Most teams either have no keepers, or mostly irrelevant ones.

Ekeler
Chase
Kelce

I think Ekeler is the best player. However, taking Ekeler would basically prevent me from taking another RB in rounds 2 and 3 when I suspect a couple values I like to be had.

Kelce offers the greatest positional advantage and allows me flexibility in subsequent rounds.

Is it a mistake to pass on Ekeler/Chase to take Kelce in this spot? Or does it make sense given what I already have.

Ekeler is my number one bust this year. (Not that that means anything).
Chase could be scary if Burrow struggles upon return/has setback.

Kelce is a great pick for you cause then you can delete TE from your queue until the teen rounds.

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
If it goes:
Jefferson
Kelce

Then you are going to have a headache… is in-draft pick-trading allowed?

It’s CMC easily for me, though I understand the love for Chase.

Yellow Fuzzies

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I wouldn't pass on Chase to take Kelce.

I just don't see anything close to a repeat of Kelce being THAT much more productive than the next 4 TE's to make taking him be that advantageous.
Between QB injuries, injuries to the TE's themselves, and even a mid-season trade, plenty of reasons why those guys couldn't hang with Kelce. Most of which aren't likely to be the case again this year
This-
If you don't feel comfortable taking Ekeler at 3 I would definitely go Chase. I see the tight end gap decresing this year.

MilkSpiller22

Gorilla
Hoopla Cash
$ 89,217.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ekeler
Chase
Kelce

I’m with you and TKO. I don’t like cmc and ekeler at all this season. At their draft spots.

My top 4 are Jefferson, chase hill and Kelce.

Why my favorite draft spot is 3 this season.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Jefferson went 1 as expected.

CMac 2.

I took Chase at 3!

Final roster looks like this:

QB: Hurts
RB: Etienne, Gibbs, Mattison, K. Herbert, K. miller Z White, J. Wilson Jr,
WR: Chase, Ridley, E. Moore
TE: Hockenson, M. Mayer
DST: Dallas
K: Butker

Miller and White were selected as keeper flyers. Mayer was my last pick in case he shows breakout potential in advance of next year.

For a player to be a keeper, you have to draft and hold all season, then they are eligible to be drafted 4 rounds before you took them the year prior.

So hard to find good keepers. I will end up dropping at least 1 or 2 of those guys.

I think this has the look of a dominant team in 14 teamer.

leftypower

THE NFL HAS GONE TO HELL
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Late for the show - 14 teams - damn right almost guaranteed as a top 3. ....

TKOSpikes

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
So Jefferson went 1 as expected.

CMac 2.

I took Chase at 3!

Final roster looks like this:

QB: Hurts
RB: Etienne, Gibbs, Mattison, K. Herbert, K. miller Z White, J. Wilson Jr,
WR: Chase, Ridley, E. Moore
TE: Hockenson, M. Mayer
DST: Dallas
K: Butker

Miller and White were selected as keeper flyers. Mayer was my last pick in case he shows breakout potential in advance of next year.

For a player to be a keeper, you have to draft and hold all season, then they are eligible to be drafted 4 rounds before you took them the year prior.

So hard to find good keepers. I will end up dropping at least 1 or 2 of those guys.

I think this has the look of a dominant team in 14 teamer.

Well done getting Hock. The only TE (imo) to not regret passing on Kelce.
Light on WR, but nice RB depth.

tlance

Kyrie Hater
Hoopla Cash
$ 11,700.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Well done getting Hock. The only TE (imo) to not regret passing on Kelce.
Light on WR, but nice RB depth.

Thanks.

Not worried about WR depth too much.

There are always guys emerging off the wire that nobody saw coming.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 13,296.14
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Ekeler
Chase
Kelce

Take Kelce. He is the 1 constant in KC as receivers leave.

Mahomes will target him the most on their roster.

averagejoe

You fell victim to one of the classic blunders.
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I know I'm in the minority but I think Kelce may still be the best TE, but he won't put numbers like last year.
KC went and traded for a WR they haven't had for years, in K. Toney. Rumors Skyy Moore will be a nice compliment. Then add in that Kelce is 34. Not too many TE (1) that had 1000 yards at that age.