• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 25 Programs of the BCS Era

TROJAN-MAN

Been around the block more times than the mailman
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life.

I hope you didn't leave your basement bedroom for a bowl of ice cream and see your Pops and stereotype me into your own environment.:lol:

TROJAN-MAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol@TrojanMan, just can't deal with the reality as usual.

Everything is always ESPN this and ESPN that, when USC gets a huge benefit from ESPN. Just how many years has it been since USC was a preseason #1 when they didn't even come close to being that?

Just because USC or any other PAC team was voted anything, doesn't cover anything that ESPIN has done for the SEC, if you don't buy that, then you represent the bigger douche, than I thought you were.. To be honest, USC is the only team in the PAC that got any love from ESPIN, the Dixon era at OU, no way, Washington, no way… so go put your whining ass ways between a set of thighs.. :bawling:

TROJAN-MAN

Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
lol@TrojanMan, just can't deal with the reality as usual.

Everything is always ESPN this and ESPN that, when USC gets a huge benefit from ESPN. Just how many years has it been since USC was a preseason #1 when they didn't even come close to being that?

Since you are such an authority on rankings, then maybe you are the person that can explain how 8 & 5 UGA team can be ranked in the top 10, after losing half their defense and their prize QB or a 4 & 8 Fla… Lets not forget a pretty much 500% MSU team at # 5…… Seriously :noidea:

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since you are such an authority on rankings, then maybe you are the person that can explain how 8 & 5 UGA team can be ranked in the top 10, after losing half their defense and their prize QB or a 4 & 8 Fla… Lets not forget a pretty much 500% MSU team at # 5…… Seriously :noidea:

Because they recruit well year after year.

Via Scout.com:

2014: Georgia - 13th, Michigan St - 29th
2013: Georgia -8th, Michigan St -45th
2012: Georgia -14th, Michigan St -37th
2011: Georgia - 4th, Michigan St -27th
2010: Georgia - 21st, Michigan St - 32nd

And while we can say that these recruiting rankings often miss, it's not going to miss to this degree. In most years Georgia is going to field a better team than Michigan St. Even though Michigan St did have a great year last year, they don't realistically expect to have that kind of season every year. In fact, their 13 win season was a record amount of wins in a single season for them.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just because USC or any other PAC team was voted anything, doesn't cover anything that ESPIN has done for the SEC, if you don't buy that, then you represent the bigger douche, than I thought you were.. To be honest, USC is the only team in the PAC that got any love from ESPIN, the Dixon era at OU, no way, Washington, no way… so go put your whining ass ways between a set of thighs.. :bawling:

ESPN didn't play in all those National Championship games. ESPN hypes the teams with big markets, including teams like Michigan, Notre Dame, USC and Texas. It's always been that way, always will be that way. Bigger markets = larger % of the audience = more viewers for them. They just aren't ever going to give a crap about Kentucky football because nobody else gives a crap about Kentucky football.

smilesid

Hammerfan
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Since the start of the 2000 campaign, no team from a BCS conference owns a better winning % than Oklahoma at .818

Oklahoma also leads all BCS conference squads in total TDs (881) and takeaways (410) dating back to 2000.

No team owns more BCS bowl appearances than Oklahoma, which has done it nine times under Stoops.

No FBS team can boast more seasons with 11 or more wins since 2000 than Oklahoma (10).

OU is the only school from a BCS conference with 12 seasons of 10 or more wins dating back to the 2000 campaign.

Notice, he conveniently forgets Boise State with his carefully worded criteria, uoooohhh, that's gotta hurt an Oklahoma fan.:bawling:

The Broncos are up there on all his fronts, and undefeated in BCS bowls, including the best David v. Goliath game in college football history. But hey, give credit to the Sooners, for a big budget school, they don't do bad.

Edisto_Tiger

Member Sporting a Natty
Hoopla Cash
$ 200.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I was right. You can't handle the truth so you pull a Boise State lame excuse and want to pick 3 games a year (what a joke).

Not only that but you are ignorant too.

Over the past 20 season in OOC games, both USC and UF have 56-13-1 records. UF has played 11 AP Top opponents vs 10 for USC. UF has played 20 AP Top 25 ranked opponents vs 21 for USC. USC has played 18 BCS opponents that DIDN'T have winning records compared to ONE for Florida. Now, if you want to include BCS and NON BCS teams then UF is closer to what USC plays. USC has played a total of 30 opponents that DIDN'T have winning records vs only 27 for UF. Tell me again WHY USC travels to play teams with losing records? If you are going to play sucky teams why not play them at home and save money?

Now that we have played your silly game, why don't we look at the IN- conference schedules???? Afraid???

Too bad..

Over the past 20 seasons in IN-Conference games (excluding CCGs), UF has played 31 AP Top 10 teams vs only 17 for vaunted USC. Similarly, UF has played 65 AP Top 25 teams compared to only 40 for USC.
Against ALL BCS teams (excluding Bowls), UF has played 48 Top 10 vs 28 for USC, has played 93 Top 25 teams compared to 63 for USC, and has played 125 opponents that had winning records vs 115 for USC.
College Football Trivia

In all games over the past 20 seasons, UF has played 59 AP top 10 teams and 111 AP top 25 teams. That is 2.95 Top 10 teams and 5.55 Top25 teams EACH YEAR. Your team has played 35 Top 10 and 71 Top 25 teams of that span ( 1.75 Top 10 and 3.55 teams per year). Yes, UF has played 10 FCS teams in 20 season or 0.5 per year but UF also plays 2 MORE Top 25 teams every years than USC DOESN'T play.

USC's entire schedule DOESN'T come close to UF's.

Might I suggest that you look things up next time before you post?

not picking sides here, but a serious question. How many of those were FSU?

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Notice, he conveniently forgets Boise State with his carefully worded criteria, uoooohhh, that's gotta hurt an Oklahoma fan.:bawling:

The Broncos are up there on all his fronts, and undefeated in BCS bowls, including the best David v. Goliath game in college football history. But hey, give credit to the Sooners, for a big budget school, they don't do bad.

Smiles

He is talking about big boy football!

You hated the BCS. You complained how unfair it was although it was a system that brought your little Boise team into the mainstream by creating eligibility to participate in BCS bowls, which by the way, was much easier than most AQ teams had to qualify. It also paired #1 vs #2. We know! We know! Whose #1 and #2? Never happy are you? That's also not my point here.

In fact, so unhappy you couldn't wait until it went away. Well guess what? It went away and Boise's world is about to change significantly, and not for the better! Wonder if we will ever even acknowledge, blink or look their way anymore. Hey, be happy. You can sit around when you're old and gray and do what you do now and accuse all our, "country clubbers" teams, I think you call us, of having all the money and big budgets, and talk about the good old days when BSU beat about 5 or 6 decent AQ teams over an 8 year stretch but more importantly for you, how they were 12-1 with a few undefeated seasons. Make sure you leave out who the teams were that they beat. Just tell the grandkids those team were really good back then, Tell them Fresno, Nevada, Idaho, San Diego St, Colorado St., Hawaii, UNLV, Utah St., Air Force, Wyoming and New Mexico were powers. I have friends who have ten times the money I have. And guess what? They live a completely different life than I do. However, I realize there is nothing preventing me from doing it too if smart enough. Maybe Boise can figure this out one day? Smiles, be careful what you wish for. You wanted the BCS to go away and it did but they took BSU with them! I guess you feel BSU has a better chance since the demise of the BCS and certainly before it? :noidea: Got your wish!!! See you in the after life! :suds:

NDKane21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Via Scout.com:

And while we can say that these recruiting rankings often miss, it's not going to miss to this degree. In most years Georgia is going to field a better team than Michigan St. Even though Michigan St did have a great year last year, they don't realistically expect to have that kind of season every year. In fact, their 13 win season was a record amount of wins in a single season for them.

Just started picking through this thread but this is not true. Who is Georgia and why you feel they are so much more superior than Sparty? They are not.

NDKane21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3

Via Scout.com:

Would be a record setting season for most programs, in fact. At most a team plays 14 games.

NDKane21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
ESPN didn't play in all those National Championship games. ESPN hypes the teams with big markets, including teams like Michigan, Notre Dame, USC and Texas. It's always been that way, always will be that way. Bigger markets = larger % of the audience = more viewers for them. They just aren't ever going to give a crap about Kentucky football because nobody else gives a crap about Kentucky football.

No again. To think ESPN is hyping ND is comical. Only network hyping ND is NBC.

South Bend and Ann Arbor are far from big markets.

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Just started picking through this thread but this is not true. Who is Georgia and why you feel they are so much more superior than Sparty? They are not.

Because they are. Georgia doesn't play in the Big10, get over it.

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
No again. To think ESPN is hyping ND is comical. Only network hyping ND is NBC.

South Bend and Ann Arbor are far from big markets.

Ever heard of Lou Holtz? :L All over ESPN as an analyst. Finds a way to fit Notre Dame into every conversation! You were saying? :noidea:

NDKane21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Ever heard of Lou Holtz? :L All over ESPN as an analyst. Finds a way to fit Notre Dame into every conversation! You were saying? :noidea:

The one, and only...nice try. Got to have one though, right...I guess, maybe?

4down20

Quit checking me out.
Hoopla Cash
$ 394.91
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Name calling so soon, that sucks. Call me whatever you'd like.

You gonna cry over being called a dingleberry for not following the conversation you are replying to?

NDKane21

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
You gonna cry over being called a dingleberry for not following the conversation you are replying to?

Nope. not crying.

You mad bro?

Last edited by a moderator:

BamaTee1

Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
The one, and only...nice try. Got to have one though, right...I guess, maybe?

Damn, he's all over the place. Has a studio show, on every big game panel, closes it out every Saturday with football final! What the hell you want? Plus, maybe ND should do something to be talked about!!! :whistle: