• Have something to say? Register Now! and be posting in minutes!

Top 10 QBs at this point

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season

1. Brady
2. Carr
3. Ryan
4. Prescott
5. Brees
6. Mariota
7. Stafford
8. Wilson
9. Rivers
10. Cousins

Active now for their careers

1. Brady
2. Brees
3. Rodgers
4. Big Ben
5. Eli
6. Ryan
7. Rivers
8. Palmer
9. Wilson
10. Newton

Wilson, Newton and Luck will be higher on the career list in a few years but not enough time yet. Did not include Romo because I don't know if he will play again. If you want to include him I'd have him at 7 on the 2nd list

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season

1. Brady
2. Carr
3. Ryan
4. Prescott
5. Brees
6. Mariota
7. Stafford
8. Wilson
9. Rivers
10. Cousins

1. Brady
2. Brees
3. Rodgers
4. Big Ben
5. Eli
6. Ryan
7. Rivers
8. Palmer
9. Wilson
10. Newton

Wilson, Newton and Luck will be higher on the career list in a few years but not enough time yet. Did not include Romo because I don't know if he will play again. If you want to include him I'd have him at 7 on the 2nd list
Active today I can agree with, career wise I still have Rodgers #1.

rmilia1

Hoopla Cash
$ 86,060.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Active today I can agree with, career wise I still have Rodgers #1.
I love Rodgers but can't put him ahead of Brady and it's close between him, Brees and Ben but I go Brees almost solely on the facts he's done it longer but I'd have no issue with the top 4 being arranged in a different order

Manster7588

I Support Law Enforcement.
Hoopla Cash
$ 920.85
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I love Rodgers but can't put him ahead of Brady and it's close between him, Brees and Ben but I go Brees almost solely on the facts he's done it longer but I'd have no issue with the top 4 being arranged in a different order
Nothing wrong with difference of opinions ehen it's close.

UK Cowboy

Happy Father's Day T-Roy
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.36
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
except he did it with one of the baddest defenses there was that year.

Dak & the Cowboys offense is protecting the Cowboys defense.
Exactly. Even when Big Ben won 13 straight as a rookie, they had a super defense and a great running game with The Bus.

Gooch1034

Fuck off!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1.23
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Exactly. Even when Big Ben won 13 straight as a rookie, they had a super defense and a great running game with The Bus.
Hell, back then, Ben would throw a whopping 9 passes/game most of the time. lol

Scapegoat

The iron never lies
Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
This season

1. Brady
2. Carr
3. Ryan
4. Prescott
5. Brees
6. Mariota
7. Stafford
8. Wilson
9. Rivers
10. Cousins

1. Brady
2. Brees
3. Rodgers
4. Big Ben
5. Eli
6. Ryan
7. Rivers
8. Palmer
9. Wilson
10. Newton

It is Prescott's career.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Right, but It's not as though the Colts offense for all of its flaws is helpless exactly. It's 7th in PPG. Probably not as good as that number in truth, but I am not really attempting to exalt or exonerate Luck here (except maybe in the sense that I think a Cutler comparison is dubious) merely contextualizing some of the claims Shark was making. While I myself like Luck quite a bit still, it's completely rational to argue he's overrated. Reasonable arguments for that.

All fair points.

While an instructive thought experiment (IIRC that leaked over here and may even remember a couple of the commenters involved) It seems fairly rational to think the Colts system puts quite a bit of stress on Luck to produce for the team, and does very little to protect him; or at least so it would appear that way outside looking in. They aren't exactly trying to avoid the hits (or at least not competently if they are) via scheme. Asking a QB to consistently be accurate deep down the field isn't exactly protecting the QB or asking him to 'manage' the game either. That to me is an important qualitative difference between what Roman was doing with Kaep and what the Colts have been doing with Luck.

I just don't know if I agree that the Colts are all that more of a downfield team that say the Steelers or Cardinals. And regardless, it is the QB's job to check down when the pocket collapses. Requiring your OL to protect you for 4 or 5 seconds until the big play opens isn't reasonable.

That's true, but it's also true the Colts defense is well below par themselves. I don't think it's completely out of bounds to ask if the surrounding cast limits Luck for vaguely similar reasons, even if not for the exact same reasons.

But the point is that Rodgers isn't playing nearly as well as he normally does. Their record reflects their defense collapsing but Rodgers needs to play better. I would say the same about Luck but even moreso.

Luck ran a sub 4.7, he might not be a scrambler per se, but he's plenty mobile and can scramble on an as need basis. Not exactly a viny build at that. Seems pretty fleet of foot on an as need basis every time I've seen him. Certainly not Tyrod Taylor or anything, but plenty capable.

He's mobile but he doesn't scramble much.

flyerhawk

Hoopla Cash
$ 500.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
except he did it with one of the baddest defenses there was that year.

Dak & the Cowboys offense is protecting the Cowboys defense.

Sure. And Dak gets to play behind the best OL in the league by a country mile.

Wazmankg

Half Woke Member
Hoopla Cash
$ 581.82
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Staff really is having an excellent year.

Year 8, bout time.

Always been a huge yardage guy, he's making good decisions now. Only one real dumb turnover out of him. And no force feeding without Calvin.

He's much better at the short stuff & dump offs than he was. That used to drive me nuts that he couldn't manage throws that I could make... but I can't throw a 40 yard out on a string either, so..

The rest I think is Cooter. He's not forcing things because he rarely has to. There are actually guys open much of the time, which also used to drive me nuts. We had Calvin out there and so often there was nobody open. Made no sense to me. Idk exactly what Cooter's done to change things but I like it.

But Staff is easily top 10 and arguably top 5 .. based on just this year.

The Oldtimer

Older than dirt!!
Hoopla Cash
$ 1,000.00
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I didn't do a top 10.....just wanted to know why the possible MVP to this point was left off.
Yeah I agree, I really like Carr. If fact I really like Del Rio and the Raiders this year.

DJ

Generic line for rent here
Supporting Member Level 3
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,296.05
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
Yeah I agree, I really like Carr. If fact I really like Del Rio and the Raiders this year.

I have a buddy who is a camera man for them and the environment has totally changed. JDR has been a huge part of that and Carr is a great leader.

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
I have a buddy who is a camera man for them and the environment has totally changed. JDR has been a huge part of that and Carr is a great leader.
Is his name Jeff?

My Dads buddy is a Raiders photographer. Enjoyin the hell Outta Mexico right now...

broncosmitty

Banned in Europe
Hoopla Cash
$ 16,206.54
Fav. Team #1
Fav. Team #2
Fav. Team #3
10 weeks worth of games.

Brady has played in 5.

Seems weird that people want to force feed him in at the top.